• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K/3 Pokemon Battle System

Are you planning on using the battle sys in your game?

• Yes

Votes: 88 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Not sure yet...

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 11 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HiKaizer

Beer Drinking Dragon God
Years
My Idea with the Box system was to index all the Pok?mon caught into a set of Variables, i.e:

Pok?mon No. -Number in the box-
Pok?mon ID. -What Pok?mon they are-
Pok?mon Lv
Pok?mon Exp
Pok?mon Attack-1
Pok?mon Attack-2
Pok?mon Attack-3
Pok?mon Attack-4 (And if you want to add anymore just add more)

Pok?mon Attack Value
Pok?mon Defence Value
Pok?mon Special Attack Value
Pok?mon Special Defence Value
Pok?mon Speed Value
Pok?mon Evasion Value (Or you coulod link this into speed, I am not sure what you are doing there)

And Maybe a Luck value? To assist in working out criticals and that sort of thing?

Any way once you catch a Pok?mon you set all of the values to a Box, Then when the Pok?mon is taken from the the box to the party simply transfer all the values to another set for the party. When they are returned the values are transfered back and updated. A box system will require a LOT of variables however so I hope you are using the patches for expanded variables. A list of switches would be useful in checking how many Pok?mon have been caught, so when you release one the next one caught doesn't automatically end up in the next slot instead of where the released one used to be.

Also out of curiostity what are the stat limits you will be using?

Years
HiKaizer said:
My Idea with the Box system was to index all the Pok?mon caught into a set of Variables, i.e:

Pok?mon No. -Number in the box-
Pok?mon ID. -What Pok?mon they are-
Pok?mon Lv
Pok?mon Exp
Pok?mon Attack-1
Pok?mon Attack-2
Pok?mon Attack-3
Pok?mon Attack-4 (And if you want to add anymore just add more)

Pok?mon Attack Value
Pok?mon Defence Value
Pok?mon Special Attack Value
Pok?mon Special Defence Value
Pok?mon Speed Value
Pok?mon Evasion Value (Or you coulod link this into speed, I am not sure what you are doing there)

And Maybe a Luck value? To assist in working out criticals and that sort of thing?

Any way once you catch a Pok?mon you set all of the values to a Box, Then when the Pok?mon is taken from the the box to the party simply transfer all the values to another set for the party. When they are returned the values are transfered back and updated. A box system will require a LOT of variables however so I hope you are using the patches for expanded variables. A list of switches would be useful in checking how many Pok?mon have been caught, so when you release one the next one caught doesn't automatically end up in the next slot instead of where the released one used to be.

Also out of curiostity what are the stat limits you will be using?
yeah, thats sorta what im doing, except i will include calculations to make the numbers be automatically programmed into variables. that will come later.. I have done some cheap animations for pokemon capture and some variables have been used.. I will continue more after lunch.

EDIT: stat limits.. hmm not familiar words to me.. I will not be including stat limits, if you want them then make them yourself. if you want to level up so high that your stats are over level 100, then go ahead. thats what i think. it would take quite a while to get there anyway. Maybe this way you could post your pokemon's stats and have contests to see which pokemon has the best stats.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
"luck" has nothing to do with critical hits. Anyway, is there anything I can do to help with this system? I'm putting the item system on hold.

HiKaizer

Beer Drinking Dragon God
Years
It depends on what kind of mechanics the battle system is using, most of the CBS I have seen on other sites include a luck variable so I assumed that you would use one, but if you don't want to that is you choice, since you are the ones making the game.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
Years
If you have a look, the games use a formula that calculates critical hit's. There is no luck it's just a calculation. But if you want it to be luck feel free.

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
There is no actual demo of the battle system that you can tinker around with.
But there is a file that shows relatively how it will be done. The file's somewhere
in this thread.

Years
pheonix, i am not finished quite yet, but feel free to start the maps without me. I am still working away hard.

hey everyone, I am trying my hardest to think up some kinds of formulas to withdraw, deposit and catch pokemon. My main problem is how they will be sorted.. the way i got it now is that you will be able to withdraw your 6 pokemon and deposit them but when you withdraw them again.. I think it will replace an existing pokemon.. I will work something out.. I havent actually programmed this part yet because I wanna make sure it will work before i waste my effort. but I have written it all down and I'm using my head.. I have actually got the formulas now but i havent tested them.. also the automatic transfer to pokemon box thing is starting to stress me out. I will have to re-arrange some variables.. i will post later guys. :s

Years
hey everyone, sorry for dp DM but this is very important. I am so tuckered out by the whole pokemon storage thing that I will only be including a primitave box system in the public battle sys. it will be made up of text and have lots of fork conditions. DM our one for the group game will be some kind of name selection with pictures and things. I will not be replicating the r/s withdraw/deposit sys because it is just too hard and I'm just one meerkat! I think maybe we will do something like the G/S/C one instead, unless someone is willing to replicate the R/S one. *silence*... well I will finish the public one first anyway.

By the way, the public one only contains two pokemon storage boxes. Like i said, you will HAVE to ADAPT this system if you want to use it. we don't just give you your game in a nutshell..

I am all tired now so i will do some more work tomorrow ok?

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
The formula for catching pokemon was in one of the
links to formulas. here's the formula.

[B]CATCH RATE:[/B]

C = ((((M x 4) - (H x 2) * R) / M) + S + 1) / 256
C is the percentage of the chance you have to catch a particular Pok?on given the circumstances. H is Pok?on's HP, M is its Maximum HP, R is its Rate of Capture (different for each species, and further altered by the Pok?all used), and S is its Status (5 if Poisoned or Paralyzed, 10 is Asleep or Frozen).

Years
Daegon_Kimeron said:
The formula for catching pokemon was in one of the
links to formulas. here's the formula.

[B]CATCH RATE:[/B]

C = ((((M x 4) - (H x 2) * R) / M) + S + 1) / 256
C is the percentage of the chance you have to catch a particular Pok?on given the circumstances. H is Pok?on's HP, M is its Maximum HP, R is its Rate of Capture (different for each species, and further altered by the Pok?all used), and S is its Status (5 if Poisoned or Paralyzed, 10 is Asleep or Frozen).
Something is telling me that this is not an easy task..

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
No. It's actually easier than it looks.
I better test it right now. I've decided to trash
my .gba file because I couldn't get the compiler
working and the game sucked.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Actually, it is pretty easy. The only hard part is determining what is represented by the "R" variable.

Also, Meerkat, you can pass it on to me and I'll work on it for a while. I don't think I can do the R/S PC system, but I can work on the actual battle systems if you want. And besides, I'd like to see what you've done ;)

Years
DM would you like to have it now or after i finish the PC system? You can just edit the capture thing later and replace it with the formulas. I am extremely tired now so i will have to go soon. :sleepy: would you like me to also do the HP displaying thing first? I have that all planned out in my head and nobody knows the CNS like me. I am even going to make the text rock up and down.. also the pokemon i think.. sleep now anyway..

Years
sure ok. I was really tired yesterday, worked 8:30-5:30.. anyway just got back from school so i need to relax by playing some cs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back