• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Are Your Favourite Website Extensions?

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2022
    Hiya, I don't really post here too often, but I noticed this forum has an internet culture board, which I am quite ecstatic about, so I figured I'd contribute here! I am big into customisation / personalisation and as a result, I use extensions and themes for a lot of my websites. I am always on the hunt for more cool themes and as a result, I like to hunt for new ones here and there. That being said, what are some of your favourite website themes/ extensions? I currently use a few extensions in order to have a 2009 style look on my YouTube layout.

Screen-Shot-2020-05-16-at-11-14-53-PM.png

Years
  • This just made me nostalgic for something I never experienced. What I'd do to try and relive 2013 Youtube tho.

I'm a minimalist, so literally my only extensions are Adblock and Password Manager lol. The VidIQ thing is for keyword research, so I don't think that counts.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2022
    This just made me nostalgic for something I never experienced. What I'd do to try and relive 2013 Youtube tho.

I'm a minimalist, so literally my only extensions are Adblock and Password Manager lol. The VidIQ thing is for keyword research, so I don't think that counts.

Minimalism is sometimes a great thing! And 2013 YouTube is the theme I use on my Desktop Custom PC :) And I have the 2014 YouTube as my Chromium YouTube theme. I have never used a password manager though...But maybe I should, since I use variations of the same password for everything, which isn't safe...

Years
  • uBlock Origin, FaceBook Container, StartPage, and Greasemonkey

I'm curious what made you choose StartPage over other privacy-based search engines like Duckduckgo and SearX?

Minimalism is sometimes a great thing! And 2013 YouTube is the theme I use on my Desktop Custom PC :) And I have the 2014 YouTube as my Chromium YouTube theme. I have never used a password manager though...But maybe I should, since I use variations of the same password for everything, which isn't safe...

Ooh do give me a tutorial on how to get those themes for Youtube sometime! Do they break the website in some weird way though?

And as for the password manager, yes I highly recommend it. Something like Bitwarden (much better than LastPass imo bcs foss) can generate strong random character strings and you don't ever have to remember any of them. Heck I think my Pokecommunity password is some jarbled up mess lol. Never had to log-in repeatedly though.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2023
    I'm curious what made you choose StartPage over other privacy-based search engines like Duckduckgo and SearX?

I've never been a fan of DDG or SearX. The interfaces are a bit dated and never really to my liking. SP is essentially what I wish Google offered. It also gets Google results which I usually prefer. I will occasionally use the other 2 though.

#Not Important

All hail the wishmaker
    Years
  • I'm developing a pokedex extension, which I use. I also use readermode because I hate having ads for my horoscope when I am trying to read an article.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Just adblock plus to keep myself safe from malicious ads online. I don't really need browser/website extensions since I don't browse a whole ton of websites. <_<

Back