• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrace

@tion
Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Here's my conundrum:

I'm trying to replace one of the main character sprites in Sapphire with an edited image. The one I want to put there is too big, so when I upload it, the colors change and it deletes the sprite after it.

I finally figured out I could put my picture over a similarly-sized picture and then use the trainer editor to make the rival look like the person I wanted. However, it doesn't work for when I'm trying to put the picture on the trainer card.

I've looked into using offsets, and I've followed the directions there to a T. They said it should "repoint the sprite" so that when it pulls up the sprite, it will be the one I imported (with UnLZ)

So, I was wondering if there's a simpler way to do this. The only alternative I can think of is to use a scripter to change which image is pulled up for the main character.

I'm fairly new at this, and I'm really not much more than a dabbler, but this is a frustrating issue. Any of you experienced ones willing to give me advice? (or point me in the direction of where this has already been answered? I've already looked, and all I've found was the same advice that didn't work before)
    What happens when you try to repoint the image? You have to make sure that you are repointing to empty space and you have checked the "Automatically fix pointers" checkbox before you "Write to Rom".

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2008
    What happens when you try to repoint the image? You have to make sure that you are repointing to empty space and you have checked the "Automatically fix pointers" checkbox before you "Write to Rom".

I used the "Automatically fix pointers" box before, but it kept repointing it to some position where whenever the sprite was supposed to load (at the beginning of the game, the trainer card, rival battle) the game would just restart from the GameFreaks logo. It would tell me "ptr changed to 001..." I don't know the exact code.

So, I tried repointing it and unticking the box, and it went in without a problem, but the image still doesn't load.

Is it just different with Sapphire or does unLZ hate me? Thanks for your help

Edit: I tried doing it again with FireRed, automatically repointed the image, it said something like "Ptr at 002399BA found. Changed." When I opened up the trainer card (where the picture would be) the game froze up, looping the music and not loading.

Might it be my emulator? I'm using VBA. I can always try No$GBA

Edit 2: Oh crap. It was my emulator -_- No$gba does it just fine... but I prefer my VBA :(

Last edited:

NTA

Where?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2012
    i haveee a problem using sapy would i need a .net framework or something evrything else is fne so far

i always get runtime error 13" type mismatch error for sappy 05 and and sappy 06 wont work at al on my pc i have vista and i couldnt get it to wooork on my friends XP computer

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2008
    where do you download diamond cutter? xD

where do you download diamond cutter????

i have a problem when i use advance map and open a script let's say the fay guy in littleroot town.there is nothing no offsets or anything it happened to both my XSE and ScriptED.PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    where do you download diamond cutter? xD

where do you download diamond cutter????

i have a problem when i use advance map and open a script let's say the fay guy in littleroot town.there is nothing no offsets or anything it happened to both my XSE and ScriptED.PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!!
    Whats so funny?
    Heres Diamond Cutter.

Is this a new Person event that you have added? If so then you have to make a script for it.

Grinner

Smiley Face
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 27, 2009
    00000000 - Normal -0
    00000001 - Sleep -1
    00000010 - Sleep -2
    00000100 - Sleep -4
    00001000 - Burned -8
    00010000 - Frozen -10
    00100000 - Paralysis -20
    01000000 - Poison -40

Thankyou thethethethe! you have no idea how annoying it is to see " your pokemon are freezing in the extreme cold " then to read on the status menu they have gone to sleep yet again!

Perhapse someone could also help me with the createsprite command? i want to make a sprite that copys the player but whenever i do then all the sprites in that area vanish. the command i am useing is
    Code:
    createsprite 0x2 0x2 0x5 0x4 0x36 0x0
    (i assume the behaviour byte is the same as the number of movement commands found on advancemap? in this case 54)

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • origenaly posted by Jerros
    What is a Trainer Editor I can use to edit trainers in Emerald?
    I'm using some really bad ones now.....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    pet is the only one I know of.

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
    Years
  • Hi! I have a problem...
    I have 2 maps the one is: __ ___
    |%%%%% |
    | %%%%%|
    X %%%%%|
    | %%%%%|
    | %%%%%|
    << ________| This is a route. you come from up to down and then you come to a little town which is a half smaller than the route...but when I connect the maps...the town is higher that I planned the connection. It's high as the X on the map I made now...Please help!
    The | is the outline
    The % is the route inline

Death-The-Kid

The one and only Shinigami
    Years
  • Frustrating

Ok guys, I'm making a hack and have used two of the trainer editing programs I know: Trainer Editor and PET. I edit some trainers get their trainer number put it in my script and load it up to play. When I battle that trainer though it goes to a black screen and just freezes here is my trainer script:

#org $start
    trainerbattle 58 $before $after
    message $beaten
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#org $before
    $before 1 = Are you an intruder?

#org $after
    $after 1 = You shouldn't be in here!

#org $beaten
    $beaten 1 = You won...how?

Does anyone know anyway to fix this problem or have encountered the same problem and have a solution.

Thanks in advance

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    What is a Trainer Editor I can use to edit trainers in Emerald?
    I'm using some really bad ones now.....
    PET can edit trainers in Emerald. Theres also a program called Amplifier 2006 that does a good job of it.

Ok guys, I'm making a hack and have used two of the trainer editing programs I know: Trainer Editor and PET. I edit some trainers get their trainer number put it in my script and load it up to play. When I battle that trainer though it goes to a black screen and just freezes here is my trainer script:

#org $start
    trainerbattle 0x1 58 $before $after $later
    end

#org $later
    message $beaten
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#org $before
    $before 1 = Are you an intruder?

#org $after
    $after 1 = You shouldn't be in here!

#org $beaten
    $beaten 1 = You won...how?

Does anyone know anyway to fix this problem or have encountered the same problem and have a solution.

Thanks in advance
    You've set out the trainerbattle command incorrectly.
    Spoiler:

but since you want to continue the script after you want this:
    Spoiler:

Changes are in bold in your script.

Death-The-Kid

Years
  • Everytime I change a trainer in PET then put their number in game the screen just becomes black and it freezes but when I put an unedited trainer in it works fine :| why does this happen

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
  • Everytime I change a trainer in PET then put their number in game the screen just becomes black and it freezes but when I put an unedited trainer in it works fine :| why does this happen

It sounds like a bug in PET to me. Try using a different trainer editor, and see if you have the same problem.

Death-The-Kid

Years
  • I used trainer editor also but it gave me the same issues is there some way to edit trainers in hex or something?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I forgot how to transfer a map from one header to another.....:embarrass (edit:- In Amap)

I already replied to the same question...
    Here's what I posted 2 pages back...

here's how to put the map onto another header...
    Spoiler:

Also, after you transferred a map, save and reload your ROM.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back