• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Defeating A Mirage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
Years
  • Age 26
  • US
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
"Keiko even from his distance could feel the heat of the blast."Wow, I bet that used a bit of chakra if If I can feel it, but it is nothing compared to my trump card." Said Keiko as he took his forehead protecter of then wiped some sweat off."Hey Souran you have any idea how long until we get there?"

ThatInsaneKid

Imma PokeNerd!!! lol :B
Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2009
((Oh, BTW. When we get to the tower, can I go ahead and introduce a Medic-Nin NPC to heal Hanako?))

Dansei nodded at the compliments, but shook his head at the proposed plan. "That team has no reason to try and complete this part of the exam. They already gave their scroll to us, and their third team member is probably a Jounin," he explained. "They're only purpose was to challenge Hanako, too. They've already accomplished their mission, and even destroyed her weapon. I think they're content for the time being."

Or so I hope...

Last edited:

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
Years
OOC: Sure, no problem. btw, ACC-M after today you character is going to be free for others to control. You'll still be able to come back and continue, but this is too keep things going on pace. Same thing goes with Shadow_Yue.

Souran whipped his head in the opposite direction of Dansei in annoyance. Still keeping a good grip on Hanako, Souran's arms slowly weakened. It annoyed him that someone else had thought of something he hadn't for some reason. Souran took a quick glance at Dansei and thought; "He may be blind, but he sure is smart...wonder if we can switch him for Keiko heheh." He joked to himself. He also noticed that Akane and that Yumi girl hadn't spoken much since the group left. Souran's scarf had finally made it's appearance into the day by flapping into Souran's face. He shook his head in attempt to get it off. Once he removed it, a tree arrived within five feet to him. Souran quickly shifted his body to his right and turned his body in a one-hundred degree angel, avoiding the tree.

"Eh...sorry guys...uh...that wont happen again..." He sweat dropped, apologizing to the others. Things seemed to go a tad slow recently ever since the adventure began, and during each event, it seemed to be more and more of an annoyance.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
OOC: Re:Mix, if you really wanted me to post wouldn't it have been better to PM me and tell me to get off my lazy butt instead of threatening to allow others to bunny my character? >.< I really don't appreciate that.

The reason that Akane hadn't joined the others in dealing with the leeches boiled down to the simple fact that there was a more important threat to be neutralized. She had heard them following her when she sensed the leeches. Her keen senses, carefully conditioned to alert her to the point that she almost instinctively sensed the approach of a concealed opponent, allowed Akane to pinpoint the other team's location. So while Fenra and Dansei showed off their fireworks, she had slowly slipped into the underbrush and left behind a clone. Not a physical one, of course, but the Bunshin no Jutsu was enough for what she had in mind. Slipping into the trees, Akane made her way through a network of branches until she was positioned just above the nearby genin. Clenching a kunai in one hand, she furtively positioned herself in the best spot she could find for eavesdropping and settled down to wait. It wouldn't be long before the other shinobi sensed her presence, but if she timed the attack right it would be too late for them to do anything. In the meantime, gathering information was key.

The apparent leader of the other group was a tall, lanky youth with blond hair that stuck out unevenly, giving him a singularly disorganized appearance. "I can't believe we're actually going to pull this off," he commented as he polished the prominently displayed hitae-aite that marked him as a member of the Mist.

"Well, we did get lucky with that rock team attacking so quickly. They were so wrapped up in dealing with them that they didn't go for us," his partner, a heavyset boy who had apparently been weaned on steroids. His muscular form was complimented by the ridiculously large wooden staff on his back. Akane fleetingly wondered if Fen and this guy had anything in common before directing her attentions to the third team member, a purple-haired kunoichi whose eyes were hidden beneath the brim of a woven straw hat. Immediately, the same keen mind that had divined the basics of Souran's puppetry jutsu began to pinpoint weaknesses in the opponents. From the looks of things they probably weren't confident in their own abilities when comparing themselves to Akane's team, especially now that they had joined forces with Souran, much to the kunoichi's chagrin. Otherwise they would have attacked at the begginning. They were probably planning to split the group and conquer in that case. Akane didn't know what jutsu they had available, and that made them dangerous, but by listening to their continued conversation, she could tell that they were after a Heaven scroll. Since none of the shinobi acknowledged her presence, she continued to listen in hopes of garnering more information.

"So, that chick with the sword, what did you think of her?" The blonde kid joked.

"Ah, Itsumi's cuter, right?"

The purple-haired kunoichi doffed her cap long enough to swat the taller kid playfully with it. "Quiet, you!"

That was it. If there was one thing Akane couldn't stand, it was a pair of perverts comparing women. As for the kunoichi, well, she should know better than to keep in the company of such men. It was time for Akane to put her plan into action. Reaching into her weapons pouch she removed an object of about the same size and shape as a small tin can. The one difference, in fact, was the firing pin embedded in it. Quickly yanking the pin from the bomb, Akane raised her arm and silently let fly. All three opposing shinobi turned to stare at the seemingly harmless object that had impacted the forest floor and then-

BOOM!

"MY EYES-"

"ARGH-"

Akane dropped to the forest floor, which was now enveloped in a blaze of white light. Using the opposing kunoichi's head as a stepping stone she leaped towards the blonde shinobi and delivered a jarring kick to the side of his head. By this time the burly one's vision had recovered somewhat, but too late to completely avoid Akane's kunai which buried itself in his upper right arm rather than his chest as she had planned. Grunting in pain, all three shinobi pulled themselves to their feet and faced this new opponent. "So you knew we were here all the time? Why didn't you attack us before?" the blond one demanded as he shifted stances.

Akane's only answer was to rush towards him, kunai in hand. While she couldn't take on the trio alone, she could hold them off until the other team members tracked the light of her flash bomb to its source. Hopefully, the blazing lights had disoriented her opponent's vision enough to give her an edge. As she thought this, the end of a large, ebon-hued staff lifted her three feet into the air before she crashed to the ground. As Akane painfully pulled herself to her feet, she was greeted by an unappetizing sight. The burly shinobi had already recovered, though he was clearly favoring one shoulder. He was joined by the kunoichi, whose face displayed her anger clearly. Akane was forced to dodge to the side as her opponent launched a flurry of senbon at her. Another projectile user would certainly make things more difficult.

Apparently this was going to be a more difficult fight then she had anticipated.

OOC: So yeah, I'll try to post more often, but really you don't have to assume I'm dead completely. Anyway, help for Akane would be much appreciated, though I'd like you to "save some for her", if you don't mind. :3

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
ooc: ha HAH finally some action for Fen <3

a light flashed bright from behind the group then disappeared quickly. Fen immediately stopped in his tracks on a branch, looking around cautiously. He quickly counted heads, looking at the current team members.

"1..2..3..4... Akane is missing.... why does it have to be the women making things complicated..." Fen sighed thinking to himself as he looked back towards the flash of light's origin. Birds flocked from a particular area of the trees not too far back and a little off their original course.

"That must be where she is....and that was a flash bomb.. she must be in trouble..." Fen said quietly. He looked up and yelled to the others, "I'm going back to get Akane, I think she's in trouble." And with that Fen flipped a 180 and leaped back towards the flash of light.

Fen slowed as he approached the area and stopped short of a clearing, observing Akane, face to face with 3 other shinobi. This situation wasn't good... definitely out numbered.

"The mirror clone would be a bit of a gamble... considering i don't know Akane's back up abilities... i'll just have to go face to face and use it mid-fight if the others don't join in. Alright... time for action. A good ol' traditional Kurai entrance." Fen thought to himself as he pulled out two of his trade marked hollowed kunai.

He threw the kunai and they sped fast, sticking into the ground between the team of shinobi. They instantly jumped back in defense as Fen formed his hand signs.

"Wind style.... sonic boom!"

The kunai exploded, launching more dust into the air, providing Fen with opportune cover to leap into the clearing, sliding beside Akane. He acted quickly, forming a few more hand signs.

"Wind Style! Gale Force Jutsu!"

He thrust his palms out, showing the full power of the wind style. A steady blast of concentrated air erupted from his palms, clearing some of the dust and sweeping the purple haired kunoichi deep into the dense forest. He quickly turned to Akane, ready to fight.

"That was just to even the numbers until we have an adequate situation. She'll be back soon, so hurry up and don't waste a single attack. I'll take the one on the left" Fen barked towards Akane

He cycled through a few more hand motions and spoke calmly to himself once more.

"Wind Style - Whispering Winds"

Fen's body quickly vanished from sight with a small gust of wind, as his body accelerated to its near invisible speed.

ThatInsaneKid

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2009
((Actually, she has a clone with the rest of us, but whatever. I'm going to go ahead and say that Dansei isn't able to see regular clones, seeing as how they're not physical beings like shadow clones are.))

Dansei frowned deeply. He had noticed the lack of... something, but before now, he couldn't place it. As soon as Fen left, he pinpointed the missing component. "Akane..." he muttered, lauching a kunai into the nearest tree branch to his left. "Why do you always have to deviate from the plan?" The shinobi launched another kunai into a tree after traveling about thirty meters. "You idiot..."

After a matter of seconds, something in Dansei's head clicked. There was another team before we met up with Souran and company. Back when Hanako was fighting that woman... He smirked, throwing yet another kunai as the group advanced another thirty meters. I almost take that back, Akane... If you were smart, you would've taken someone with you. Let's just hope you can follow our trail and regroup later.

((Gaahh. Can we get to the tower sometime soon? This is getting monotonous. :o))

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
Years
OOC:@Acc-m: In that case, I apologize ;o Water under the bridge right :3

"You've got to be joking!" Souran roared, angered that yet another obstacle had arrived in front of the team. Souran was just about ready to take Hanako to the tower himself, but knew that he wouldn't stand a chance alone. With the boost from the leeches, it got them far enough for but only one mile left to go. Fen had already taken off for Akane, so Souran rooted his feat to a branch and waited for their return. This would be a decent time to rest for a while also to regain some chakra, and with Dansei, Yumi, and Keiko still there, they would be able to take on another menace. To pass the time, Souran began a storage check of the weapons in his pouch. twenty shuriken, twenty kunai. five flash bombs, ten exploding tags, and twenty feet of wire. Souran liked to possess an equal amount of items for some reason.

"They better not cause too much trouble..." Souran stated, allowing Dansei, Keiko, and Yumi to hear him. He wasn't very pleased with the way things were going. He began to wonder how they would pass if they allow their first thoughts and intentions to control their bodies instead of thinking things out, I mean, even Souran had been doing this. This seemed to be a large fault in most of his actions lately, though some succeeded, it could have been sheer luck. Things obviously would not get any easier.

Last edited:

ThatInsaneKid

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2009
((Dansei's still there. Only Akane and Fen are gone. :x And also, I'm assuming you set Hanako down.))

Dansei stopped, almost sliding off the tree branch he had just landed on as he noticed Souran stopping. "No," he said. "We have to keep going. Fen and Akane can handle themselves... Especially if there are a majority of men on the team she went off to take care of." He walked over to the trunk of the tree to which the branch he was on had grown out of and stuck a kunai into it as forcefully as he could -- he was getting angry, which was a very rare occurence. Hanako was probably inching closer to death a little more every minute, Akane was off trying to kill another team of shinobi, and Fen had gone along with her. Nothing was going according to plan, and the exam in general was, quite frankly, being a pain in the neck.

"The sooner we get to the tower, the better," he said. "Most likely, there will be Medic-Nin there, and getting Hanako's condition up is our top priority." He made a thin line about two feet long down the middle of the tree trunk before putting the kunai back in his pouch. "I've left a marker every thirty meters we've traveled since Fen left. When they're done, they will head back to the point where Fen broke off, and continue in the direction we were headed. Along the way, they will see the markers, and if we have to change directions, I'll make them in smaller incriments. I don't care if another team catches on to our trail. We can take them. We have to get to the tower."

The ninja walked over to Hanako and lifted her up, grunting at the added weight. "Let's go. I'll continue to mark our trail."

Last edited:

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
Years
OOC: I'm guessing that "the ninja" means you, right? For now, I'll assume so.

IC: Allowing Dansei to take hold of Hanako, Souran's muscles danced with the joy of less weight. He then stretched both of his arms quickly before readying himself to jump towards the next tree branch. Things were truly going down hill slowly, and with an unknown group of people at the tower, who knows what would end up happening, whether they were even out to get everyone on the team, or not. Souran sighed as he leaped to the next branch.

"At least one more mile to go, and...I can feel an evil aura coming from the tower's direction. Who could these people be?" Souran wondered, frightened by the thought of who could be awaiting their arrival at the tower.

----------------
At The Tower
----------------

"Hm?...Sando, Riki, we have exactly five ninja heading our way, one appears to be injured. Their levels aren't worth worrying about, but they could become an annoyance." Stated, Zurui, a kunoichi. She had just warned her two teammates of five intruders approaching. Zurui had been a quite beautiful women. Her golden locks glistened in the light. She was a perfect description of a gorgeous model. Her two freinds, Sando and Riki were two males who both exceeded Zurui's hight. Having light brown hair, Sando was a fairly built male, while Riki seemed to be a gaint along with his large arms. He is definitely not someone to mess with, though he isn't very smart.

"You want me to take care of 'em?" Riki asked, anxiously.

"No, your strength is need for the other part of the mission...There's no point in wasting your power. So, I'll take care of them... It'll be quick, don't worry." She answered, forcing Riki to go lean against the tower's walls. Sando had been leaning down in front of the tower, his hands forced upon the ground. He just stared at the tower, motionless, and then he spoke.

"Zurui, I found it..." He announced, calmly

"Can you reach it?" asked Zurui.

"Not unless you wanna get caught."

"...fine, guess we'll need a scroll to get in then...maybe these shinobi on their way here will be more useful than expected, hehehe." She devilishly giggled. By this time, all three of these ninja were standing up firmly, smirking as they waited for the group of Dansei, Yumi, Keiko, and Souran to arrive.

OOC: Don't worry, this wont be something that will take too long.
btw: Once everyone gets to the point where there is a month's wait for the final exam, we will time skip to the day of the final exam. I'll explain it more in depth later.

ThatInsaneKid

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2009
((Quick question. One, are these newly introduced NPC's under your control, or can they be controlled by everybody?

And yes, whenever I have a pronoun such as ninja or shinobi after focusing on Dansei, it's refering to Dansei. :x))

Dansei leapt onto the same branch as Souran, looking back at Keiko and Yumi. "Well? Let's go," he said. "It's getting darker already, and that could put us at a major disadvantage." He promptly turned around after this statement, and leapt onto another branch, slowly covering his arms with chakra to ease part of the strain on his muscles caused by his carrying Hanako.

Akane, Fen... You better catch up soon, Dansei thought. If we're heading into an ambush, we're going to need you.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Akane blinked in surprise at Fenra Kurai's dramatic entry. Apparently he was the first to notice her absence and had decided to ride to the rescue. And to it he rode. What amused her most about the dynamic shinobi's presence was the similarity to Hanako's battle approach. There was no question that this Fenra was a head-on fighter whose physical skills probably dwarfed most other shinobi by comparison, especially considering his ability to create winds of that nature coupled with the impressive strength he had displayed earlier. She had to admit that while she had borne a grudge against the kurai moments ago, he was definitely way too up-front to be harboring any sort of secret longings for herself or one of the other girls. No, he was definitely too shallow for that. Still... his raw strength was definitely an advantage in combat. Akane found herself glad for once that this "Kyokou" as Hanako had termed him was now beside her instead of facing her in combat. Grinning slightly, she removed a kunai. "Well, if it isn't everyone's favorite Kyoukou-kun. Hanako's going to be steamed when she finds out she missed this. It isn't often that I consent to allow someone who's disregarded my warnings to help me out," she called out cheerfully. "Well, let's get started, then!"

Just as Fen vanished, Akane hurled a kunai straight at the throat of the blonde-haired shinobi in front of her. As she had predicted, he immediately countered the blade by launching a knife of his own at it. The kunai connected in mid-air, each one ricocheting off to the side. Akane, however, was prepared. Leaping into the air she kicked out with one leg, allowing the sole of her foot to make contact with the kunai. At that moment, a steady stream of chakra was released from Akane's feet into the knife, effectively pinioning it in place. She landed quickly, facing her opponent as she grinned sarcastically. "Could you wrap this up? I've got people waiting," she taunted. The idiot took the bait as his hands launched up to perform the seals to a jutsu. This was the chance that Akane had been waiting for. Just before her opponent finished the final seal she leaped into the air and landed on the side of a tree, using her chakra to hold herself in place. Without hesitation she rebounded, leaping from the side of the enormous chunk of flora and into the air directly above her opponent's head. In doing so, she barely dodged the jutsu- some sort of Doton, she guessed, which had resulted in the equivalent of a small mudslide being poured onto her former position. Now was her chance. Just as her opponent turned to face the airborne Akane, she whipped out her leg and launched the concealed kunai directly at him.

"RAGH!"

The shout of pain was a welcome sound to Akane's ears. Her kunai had buried itself in his shoulderblade at the exact spot at which the upper arm and shoulder joined. This attack was decisive- her opponent could now no longer rely on his right arm. To top it off, the attack was made particularly devastating by the fact that Akane had trusted her legs, which were by far more muscular then her arms, to deliver the blow. It was Akane's secret talent- her ability to seemingly launch a projectile with any limb and still hit the mark with some degree of accuracy. Of course, her opponent wasn't about to slow down either. Reaching down, Akane slipped a few shuriken from her pouch. She had already been far too liberal in her kunai usage, there were only so many for her to throw around. Besides, shuriken would be far better for what she had in mind. She didn't want this pervert dead, no, better then that. She wanted him completely at her mercy so that she could torture every possible bit of information she could from his lips while he pleaded at her feet.

The idiot blonde then made a grave mistake- he reached up to pull the kunai from his arm. As soon as he made that motion, a flurry of shuriken came streaking towards him. The shinobi's eyes widened and in a burst of desperate strength he yanked the kunai from his arm and dodged to the left, narrowly avoiding the metal stars. As he sidestepped, however, he positioned himself directly between Akane and a large tree. Akane had already planned this moment out. Focusing her chakra to her feet, she launched herself forward at full force, head extended. Yamato Crouching Fist! Human Bullet!

The shinobi felt the wind escape from his lungs as Akane's skull hammered into his solar plexus. He collapsed to his knees as she backed up slightly, removing herself from the precarious position she had been in previously, but only for a moment. He hadn't been on his feet for more then two seconds when Akane's follow-up attack contacted him. The foot that came up between his legs carried enough force to lift the shinobi off the ground slightly and the kick had been aimed at a particularly... vulnerable place. With a squeal of pain he staggered back, uncaring about the indignity of his situation. Akane sensed the time had come for the coup de grace. Without a moment's hesitation she dodged behind the shinobi, bracing herself before leaping about a foot into the air and launching a roundhouse kick into the side of his head. The shinobi went down like a piece of rotting meat as Akane reeled off to the side, panting with exhaustion. Crouching fist could be an impressive taijutsu style when coupled with the jumping abilities of the Yamato clan, but using one move after another like that was tiring, especially considering that the leg-launched kunai that had started the attack was probably a bit flashier then necessary. However, there was no time for Akane to think like that. Positioning herself against a tree, she prepared a kunai as she waited for the arrival of the other projectile user...

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
Fen immediately set his sights for the heavy set shinobi. And rushed towards him. The guy was huge. End of story. He easily towered at least 3 heads over Fen and had many times the girth of Fen's skinny body.

"Did you hear that? The little scrawny kid thinks he can handle me---" The large one started to call out taunting as his partner engaged in battle, but was cut off by a series of 6 seemingly invisible blows to his torso and finally a large hit to the head sending him skipping across the ground. Fen appeared in mid-air and landed gracefully on one foot as the whispering winds jutsu dissipated.

"Scrawny? I don't need bulk to defeat a giant wind bag like you. Or anyone. I'll show you the power of the Kurai Family's Soft Breeze Taijutsu." Fen said calmly.

The huge beast of a boy stood instantly, reaching behind him and revealing his large staff. He slammed it onto the ground, boasting his strength as it cracked the ground. He swung it over his head, spinning it in circles and charged Fen, slamming it down on him. Fen merely smirked and popped his knuckles, as the staff came down, smashing into the earth and kicking up a cloud of dust. An eerie silence waved over the large boy which was interrupted by his belly laugh. Arrogant over his apparent 'victory'.

"That kid sure was talk... now to take care of that other girl... wait what?!" The large boy finished, shocked as the dust cleared to see Fen holding the staff at bay with his forearms. Fen immediately grabbed the staff with his right arm which was swirling with chakra and smashed it between his fingers. Splitting it in half, he threw the half of the staff into the ground. The flustered mist ninja began throwing punches that Fen easily dodged over and over. Finally getting bored, Fen landed a solid blow with his chakra engulfed fist, knocking the wind out of him. Fen leaned low then leaped into the air and followed with a rapid series of flying kicks and aerial attacks into the large boy's chest. Knocking him off balance, Fen landed in front of him and formed 3 quick signs.

"Wind Style! Gale Force Jutsu!" Fen yelled as he pressed his palms against the boy's chest.

A gust of wind blew the boy fast across the clearing without touching the ground, smashing him into a tree. Fen maintained the pressure of the jutsu and blasted a massive column of wind, pinning the boy against the tree. The muscular kid struggled to escape the grip of the wind column but Fen only turned up the volume of wind, pressing him harder into the tree. Fen smirked again as a second body appeared to step out of Fen's back. A perfect clone. The clone turned towards the attack target and also smirked, popping its knuckles. The clone announced the final attack.

"You should have known better than to pick a fight with a member of the Kurai. Now you'll know the ferocity of someone who doesn't know how to hold back." The clone said arrogantly as it cycled through 8 hand signs.

The wind swirled around his right arm, mixing with the chakra already swirling around. They began to mold and mesh together, creating a light blue aura around the arm. He held the arm out and walked near the stream of wind holding the boy to the tree.

"you see, your attacks are too big and slow. If you even hoped to beat me, you wouldn't have attempted hand to hand combat. I'll end this now for you, with my bloodline limit. The Mirror Clone. You have no prayer of making it out of this. This clone is exactly like me in every way, right down to the last ounce of strength. So prepare yourself now, you may be in a coma for a few years." And with that, the clone leaped forward, immersing his fist in the stream of wind, accelerating his dash.

"Wind Style! Dynamo Fist!" Fen's clone called as it flew down the stream of air and the fist connected with the boy.

The fist barely paused for a moment as it connected with flesh before instantly sending the huge boy crushing through the tree and successive 5 trees behind it, with a massive explosion. The trees toppled down to the ground, creaking and groaning as they fell, but Fen had no time to rest as the last shinobi was still around. He scanned the clearing, pleased to see that Akane had finished her opponent as well. Fen and his clone leaped into the center of the clearing, standing back to back as they scanned the forest for the last enemy.

"Heh, I guess i may have went a bit overboard?" He called sarcastically to Akane who was standing against a tree. "So do you know what the 3rd member of the team is capable of? She may not even return after seeing her other two team mates beaten... And she's definitely out numbered 3 to 1 at the moment." Fen finished as both Fen and his Mirror Clone looked to her and smiled.

Shadow_Yue

SO I HERD U LIEK NARUTO?
Years
OOC: O.O Gosh you guys update fast, anways sorry if this may be a little short. I spell checked it and nothing seemed to be wrong so...

Though feeling the leeches coming closer, Yumi had a slow reacting time and nearly ending up falling of the tree branch she leaped on to avoid them. 'What's with all this commotion? It's such a headache.' Pulling out her whips again she started slashing at leeches all the while trying to avoid getting hit by them. Jumping on to a high branch on a tall tree she heard that guy who called himself Fen shout something inaudible and then saw him unleash a technique into the earth that caused debris to fly everywhere. This was followed up by Dansei's fire technique that seemed much bigger than the ones he used to practice at the training grounds.

'But this isn't training.' Yumi thought sourly as she jumped back down to the lower branches to catch up with her team.

"Hey, if there really is a team at the tower, lets say they are those who harmed Hanako; do you think we could get past them? Once we arrive a good distance away, I think we should part ways. I'll hand Hanako to your team while mine deals with the ones at the tower. They wont know us since your team was the ones who fought with them...that is, if it is that team. either way, I think this plan would be best suited for when we arrive to the tower."

The person who had called himself Souran spoke this. It seemed like a good idea, though she wasn't sure if the team at the tower would be the same as the one they had fought a while back. Besides, a lot of teams are probably waiting back at the tower to ambush someone and she wasn't sure if splitting up was the best way to go but kept quiet. She didn't want to spend a lot of time with these guys anyway. It was then that she had noticed something was missing. She looked around and saw everyone there but noticed that Akane's aura seemed off. In fact it wasn't there at all. "Akane…"

Yumi really didn't appreciate being left behind with this other team. Hanako was unconscious, Akane was gone, and Dansei was over there looking like he was pals with the or something. She frowned and glared at the remainder of their team, noticing that Fen had left too. Probably going after Akane. Yumi was seriously disliking where she was right now and made sure to place herself far away from the other team. It may have been childish but it was what she was going to have to do in order to keep from screaming at them to get away from her. Dansei had began talking to Souran about medic nin and healing Hanako or something close to that. She was barely listening and was just glaring at the other team.

"Well? Let's go," he said. "It's getting darker already, and that could put us at a major disadvantage."

This sentence had snapped Yumi out of her anger fest and she had to get her self to calm down before moving on, though it gave her more relief that Dansei was holding Hanako now instead of Souran who had made the switch after his statement.

"Yeah, yeah I'm going.." Yumi grumbled sounding more angry than she wanted to. Turning her head to Keiko she decided to let some of her anger out on him. " Hey in there he said 'LET's GO.'" Yumi nearly shouted in his direction. All this commotion was getting on her nerves, and being surrounded by people she didn't know what adding on to her growing headache.

'Akane better come back soon.' Yumi thought as she followed after Dansei and Souran

ThatInsaneKid

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2009
((Question. Once Akane and Fen finish off that third shinobi they're battling, could we time skip to the tower?

And also, mini-godmodding the Souran-Dansei-Yumi-Keiko group a bit. Just moving them along real quick. And by "a bit" I mean, one little phrase of godmodding-ness. :xxx))

As the group set off, Dansei bent his neck forward, pushing the cloth over his eyes up with the top of Hanako's head. He slowly slipped his right hand out from under Hanako's armpit, while still supporting her torso with the attached arm, as well as keeping his grip on her outside knee with his left hand. He then started cycling through hand seals with his free hand.

"Sight Rebirth Technique," Dansei muttered. The complimentary wave of chakra burst from around his head as he blinked rapidly, trying to adjust his eyes to the shadows of the forest -- it was a huge difference from the lighting within the testing room. Then, he slid his right hand back under Hanako's arm pit and looked around at his comrades and the surrounding mass of trees.

"This place is creepy," Dansei said after a few minutes. "Seeing it for real almost makes me want to puke..."

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
"Don't be so sure about that third shinobi," Akane stated in response to Fen's question. "You and I were both a bit too flashy back there. I probably shouldn't have wasted so much energy on that guy. It would have been better to take him out right there. And you were right when you said you didn't know how to hold back," Her eyes glinted as she began to criticize Fen's anaylsis of the situation. "You've used that Dynamo Fist move twice already, right? So now we're both a bit tired and your chakra's depleted. Plus we don't know the location and status of our opponent and she's a ranged weapon user, like me. This situation is actually the worst possible one for fighting her. Unless your first attack seriously injured her, we may be in for a bit of a scrape." Akane drew two kunai from her pouch, mentally tallying the number remaining. She had been too lax in conserving her weapons earlier, and that shuriken barrage she had used, while it had been effective, had caused a drain on the supply of throwing stars at Akane's disposal. In a fight like this where the opponent's location was uncertain, every shot would count. Akane concentrated on circulating most of her chakra towards her arms to maximise the distance and power behind each shot. She waited silently for the opponent, signalling Fen to keep silent in order to keep their position as secure as possible.

The first attack was a surprise tactic. A whirling, buzzing weapon consisting of three metal balls bound together with mental thongs shot towards Akane. Though she managed to move aside quickly, one thong wrapped itself around the handle of her kunai. Surprised, Akane dropped the metal knife and watched as the strange weapon's momentum caused the thongs to wrap themselves around the knife, stopping only when all four metal balls struck together with a resounding crash. If that weapon had hit Akane's arm the limb almost certainly would have snapped. As this particular piece of information was being digested, Akane quickly rolled onto her belly just in time to duck under the path of two more whirling terrors. This time she caught a glimpse of the opponent fleeing into the underbrush as she attempted to change positions. With a quick flick of her wrist, Akane sent a kunai hurtling after the girl. The knife's whistle was followed by a satisfying thud, and Akane smiled savagely. A familiar whirring noise suddenly filled her ears, and the smile dissapeared as Akane deftly avoided yet another killing weapon, this one coming from a position directly behind Akane's current location. The girl didn't understand how that was possible. The thud she had heard was definitely a kunai entering flesh. How could her opponent have survived and changed position so quickly if she was injured? Arming herself again, Akane swore vehemently. If Fen hadn't pushed this girl into the deep forest, this wouldn't have happened.

Akane bolted in surprise. Two more weapons, each hurled from a different position, were moving towards her. Barely avoiding the blows, she cursed again. This girl was using a clone jutsu of some sort, probably Mitsu Bunshin. She remembered what she had learned about that in class on the day when the signature jutsus of other villages had been discussed. Mist, apparently, utilized a form of clone jutsu that allowed the user to split his chakra evenly into ten parts, forming ten clones with the exact same amount of chakra as the host. There was a limit, she knew, as to how far each clone could move from the original. Her knowledge of the jutsu ended there, but she guessed it was basically a watered down version of the Kage Bunshin that she had seen jounin performing. Still scaled up from the regular old Bunshin which created illusory clones, but a lower-ranking move nonetheless. High rank or low, however, it would certainly create trouble in this position. The opponent could flank the clearing and continuously attack. There was no way to guess the original's position, so she was safe.

Or was there?

Another weapon came hurtling towards Akane. This time, she did not move. The device struck just below her chin, and the cords began wrapping around her neck as the silver balls at the end gleamed wickedly...

BOOM!

The explosion of smoke revealed that all Akane's opponent had managed to do with her attack was to pulverise a large log of the type often found in Konoha's forest.

The purple-haired kunoichi grimaced as she raised another bola and twirled it menacingly, while her nearby clones performed the same action from their own positions. Where had that blasted girl gone? She couldn't have moved too far away.

BOOM!

The kunoichi's mouth dropped open. One of her clones had vanished. So that was it, then. The girl had used the temporary speed granted to her by the substitution jutsu to move into the treetops and target one of her clones. But she had made the fatal mistake of giving away her position. Like any skilled ranged-combat specialist, the purple-haired girl had memorized the position of each of her clones. Now she knew where to attack. Increasing the velocity of the bola she carried, the girl bared her teeth in a silent growl and launched the attack. For a moment, nothing happened. Then the sound of several bola all contacting the same point and something crackling and snapping reached the kunoichi's ears. There was silence again.

The girl smiled, removing yet another bola. Now she could focus on her final target, that annoying boy who had blown her away...

The flash-bomb that blinded the girl was a complete surprise. So was the rapid succession of sounds that followed it, each one heralding the loss of another clone. Just as her vision cleared, the girl felt a kunai penetrate her shoulder as Akane's weight and momentum bore them both to the ground. The sound of cracking ribs and the pain that followed made the kunoichi gasp as her opponent walked a few steps away, her face obscured by her bangs.

Akane's eyes lit up fiercely. "You were sloppy," she stated flatly. "Your technique was interesting, and anywhere else it would have been effective. But I was in that tree canopy earlier, and I had already scouted the spots that would be best for a ranged attack in case I needed to launch one myself." As she dispensed this explanation, Akane fleetingly remembered Tenten-sensei's lessons on the subject as she passed on what she knew about projectile weapons and their use to Akane. Smiling slightly at the memories, she continued. "I could guess where you would position your clones. All I needed was a way to escape the clearing. Once I was up there, it was easy enough to use a flash-bomb to blind you long enough for me to attack the clones. And now..." Akane's eyes flashed grimly as she tugged her kunai from her victim's arm, causing the kunoichi to whimper in pain, "I'm going to leave you here. Your blonde-haired boyfriend is only winded, so he'll recover soon. If you're lucky, he can get medical attention for you all. If you aren't... well, you shouldn't have been stalking me. Pervs." Akane practically spat out the last word. She turned as if to go, then stopped. "Oh, one other thing..."

The kunoichi was forced to endure another wave of pain as Akane pressed a hand to her chest, effectively immobilizing her, long enough to slip the remaining bola as well as the other weapons in the girl's kunai and shuriken pouches into her own. Straightening up, she stepped towards Fen. "Well? Shall we go now?" She asked, grinning at him grimly, as if to say 'This-is-what-happens-to-people-I-don't-like-so-watch-yourself'.

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
Both Fens glared at Akane as she criticized his battle style.

"Psh... a speech about MY chakra control coming from some tool user..."Fen thought angrily to himself, as Akane's attitude reminded him once again why he enjoyed the bliss of an all male team. "If she was a range user, you should have followed her, and left the other two to me...But I wont say either of us is at fault. Due to lack of trust, we don't even know what the other is capable of."

A strange weapon suddenly blasted through the trees towards Akane, but was easily dodged by her reflexes. Fen and his clone leaned into a defensive stance, scanning the area for the origin of the attack. More of the assault continued, but they only seemed to be aimed at Akane. Fen used the opportunity to re-combine with his clone and quickly retreat safely under a large tree trunk. Fen watched the fight closely, watching Akane's moves as she proceeded with the battle. Akane was definitely considerably slower than himself, as Fen had predicted from the start off of first impressions... but who wasn't? He could tell that Akane wasn't too happy with having to fight a range fighter and she was cursing under her breath as she fought. Fen also began to stew angrily as he watched.

"Bleh... Souran would have known to go after the other Shinobi and leave the two guys to me..." He huffed silently.

The fight finished with a flashy finish, as Fen was expecting from Akane, despite her talk of not having much chakra left. She finished her small little speech to the grounded shinobi and made her way over to Fen as he stepped out from the confines of the tree.

"Well? Shall we go now?" She asked, grinning at him grimly, as if to say 'This-is-what-happens-to-people-I-don't-like-so-watch-yourself'.

Fen looked at her with a cocked eyebrow then narrowed his eyes again and lifted his right hand into the air and waved it at her in a shooing motion, disregarding her arrogance. He signed heavily and looked into the tree tops, trying to see any sign of daylight and what time it may be.

"Come on, the others are no doubt waiting, we should get back to our respective teams so we can end this freakin exam..." Fen said, frustrated. He leaped into the trees and back towards the direction they were once traveling. He spotted kunai stuck in the trees placed every few meters.

"Hm... they must have left these for us to follow them back" Fen called back to Akane, assuming she had followed him into the treetops

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
Years
  • Age 26
  • US
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
"When is Fen going to get here, I'm so bored!" Keiko said annoyed that Fen is taking so long."Meh, I can most likely use this time to catch up on some z's." Keiko then sat down against a tree branch, then closed his eyes, still not asleep he thought about the next portion of the chunin exams.

ThatInsaneKid

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2009
((AGHH. OCD ATTACK!!! >:OOOO

Okay, better.

Again. Sharpay. Keiko is still with Dansei, Yumi and Souran, who are heading towards the tower. -.-;;;

Oh, and since there's nothing else going on, I'm going to ahead and assume it's okay to advance time so that the D-Y-S-K group is at the tower, with Akane and Fen not far behind. Unless anyone objects and is upset with me, and then I'll edit my post.))

Dansei stopped aruptly, the hair on his neck on end. He quietly set down Hanako, and motioned for the rest of the group to gather around him.

"There's another team up in this clearing," he whispered, looking around at his comrades faces. "The trees have started to thin up, so I can see a little farther than with my natural sight using my chakra." He put away his last kunai, having used them all to mark their trail, and pulled out his trench knives. "From what I can tell, there are only three of them. We can each take one on, with one person guarding Hanako... We should be able to eliminate them fairly quickly. I propose that we position ourselves in ten meter incriments around the perimeter of the clearing, and on a signal of some sort, ambush them. Does anyone disagree?"

Finally... We're almost done... Dansei thought, waiting for his comrades to answer him. Hanako, you're finally going to be treated...

Last edited:

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
Years
Souran abruptly stopped on the next branch he could stood upon, listening to Dansei's words. He stated that there was another team of people around the tower. Souran gave a brief sigh as he lowered his head to stare at his feet. He wondered how many more teams they would run into before finally reaching the tower. He reached in his kunai pouch to pull out one of knifes, then lifted his head in the direction Dansei seemed to be directing towards. Souran placed his fist holding the kunai in a readied position for an attack and then replied to Dansei.

"Well, I see no issues with that idea...so long as we haven't already been spotted. Either way, I think I the best candidates for battle at this point is me, Keiko, and Yumi. Normally, I wouldn't suggest Yumi for this, but..." Souran took a small breath and then continues, "...Something doesn't feel right about what is up ahead." He finally finished, pulling his hand in front of his face, as if shading his mouth from view.

--------------------
At The Tower
--------------------

"Well, aren't they just taking their time..." Riki stated, wondering what was taking so long. His skill at tracking enemies wasn't as good as Zurui's. He walked over to her and asked her what the group of ninja had been doing. She gave a quick laugh at him and asked if he were afraid of an attack. Riki pouted and walked away, to the tower.

"It looks like they've noticed our presence...I believe they're planning an ambush of some sort."

"Maybe we should just go ahead and attack them, that way we can get the scroll, get back here and get the mission one step closer to it's success." Sando stated, annoyed by how long they've been waiting for the team of shinobi to arrive. Zurui rolled her eyes to Sando and turned to the direction, Yumi, Dansei, Keiko, and Souran had rested.

"If you wanna spoil the fun for me...then fine, go on ahead. Just come back with the scroll." She ordered, turning around, as Sando left, stroking her hair with her light blue nails. Riki gave her the evil eye. He couldn't believe it, she acted as though she had forgotten what he had said.

"So Sando can go, but I can't?!" Riki asked, outraged that he was left behind.

"Listen, do you not understand your part of the mission?! You're strength is needed so we can get the secret entrance door open in case we can't open it with the lock. For the first stage, Sando is to locate that key...he's done that, so he can do what ever. Got it?" Zurui angrily said, forcing Riki to cross his arms.

Sando, already closing in on Souran and the others, was preparing himself for his time to let lose his power.

ThatInsaneKid

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2009
((Uh... Post for great justice!))

We're screwed, Dansei thought, his knuckles turning white as he tightened his grip on his trench knives. One of them is missing from the clearing... And therefore, advancing towards us.

"Draw weapons and prepare jutsu!" Dansei hissed. Something was causing his chakra waves to rebound at increasingly faster rates. "One of the ninja from the clearing is coming our way." He cautiously inched back towards Hanako's limp body, crouching down in front of her.

So much for our ambush...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back