• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Does it Take Two? The Sequels and Why We Have Them

Years
  • That was really interesting to read!

Gen 5's storytelling really set the bar high, we're in for a treat if Gen 7 tops that! I definitely prefer a sequel over a slightly altered third version.

As someone who was expecting a direct sequel to XY I liked your reasoning for it not happening, it made a lot of sense and makes me feel better for it not happening.

Do you think Sun & Moon will create a new category, storytelling wise? It's obviously based on new characters and lore but if Zygarde is involved in the plot or the islands are connected to Kalos in some way, would that make it standalone, a sequel or something different? What twists do they have in store for us I wonder!

Bay

Years
  • Finally got to read this also, and enjoyed it! Pretty cool analysis over the second and fifth gen games there. Concerning XY, I know some folks would vastly prefer a third version due to several flaws in the plot and that a third version likely will make the story better similar to Platinum. Otherwise, I can see your points for a proper XY sequel probably won't make too much sense.

Do you think Sun & Moon will create a new category, storytelling wise? It's obviously based on new characters and lore but if Zygarde is involved in the plot or the islands are connected to Kalos in some way, would that make it standalone, a sequel or something different? What twists do they have in store for us I wonder!

Might be indirect sequel similar to the gen two games as mentioned in the article. But yeah, am interested in that too.

Back