• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Questions] Is this an error

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2022
    Here is a picture of my card with 3 stars. All of the others I have seen only have 2 retreat stars

Attachments

• 20220308_152324.jpg
      20220308_152324.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 17

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Here is a picture of my card with 3 stars. All of the others I have seen only have 2 retreat stars

Welcome! I'll move this thread over to Pokémon Trading Card Game section. I'm sure the people there can help you as they are more knowledgeable about the aspects of TCG cards. You're more than welcome to create another thread in Meet & Greet to introduce yourself to the community!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hi there!

Unfortunately that Deoxys is fake. The font type is wrong in the name, the coloration of the whole card is incorrect, and it should say "© 2013 Pokémon", not "© 2016" like yours does. Sorry about that!

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2022
    So does that mean all of my ex cards are fake? They all have 2016 on them. I think I bought them all in one box from a walmart seller.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • So does that mean all of my ex cards are fake? They all have 2016 on them. I think I bought them all in one box from a walmart seller.

There are Pokémon EX from 2016, but it's possible. All of your full-arts should have a special embossed texture, not just be holo. Also, Google each card and compare the fonts. If something looks funny, your card is likely fake. Here are some things to look for:

• Any 1's in the HP and damage should have a little bar at the top, with the exception of Evolutions-style EXes
    • 1's in effects should just be a plain line
    • Lowercase G's in names and effects should be double-storied, not hooked
    • Lowercase Y's in names and effects should have straight tails, not curved

Last edited:
    Back