• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Entertaining Chit-Chat (sportsproof!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • The movie theatre here just replaced half its seats with reclining chairs and it's a totally different experience seeing a movie like that.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • The movie theatre here just replaced half its seats with reclining chairs and it's a totally different experience seeing a movie like that.

IT REALLY IS! I went to an AMC for the first time the other night and those reclining lounge chairs are the best - especially considering they bring their food to you which creates an incredible atmosphere.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Considering how easy and comfortable it is to watch movies in high quality in your own home these days, cinemas really have to provide something special in order to make it worth going there. Like good food or super comfy seats, or a spectacular 3D or sound experience.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Not all of us have comfy seats in our homes!

... sad homes.

Ok, now it's time to watch the new Doctor Who~

Years
  • It looks like the Moff is making a jump from Doctor Who to Dracula now.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm not sure if I'll have the opportunity, but this sounds like something I'd invest time into watching.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Not sure I can deal with Moffat for a while now :V

Coupling is a great show though.

MechaMoth

Eloquent Speaker
    Years
  • Moffat kinda ruined modern Doctor Who for me. He introduced heavy continuity into it with less one-and-done single episode stories that didn't build into a larger story. I like the idea of Doctor Who being more of a serial than a series that you have to pay heavy attention to every detail. I still like the performances, but things get confusing real quick.

Plus, the whole mild sexism and racism he shows outside of the show is frustrating.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The RTDavies era had better continuity tbh. Moffat just threw everything into a big pot and the resulting soup each season had many holes. If soup can have holes. I got so tired of all the Moffat-plots.

Years
  • Somewhere I heard that the thing that changed was that with Moffat the Doctor became the center of absolutely everything instead of just an interesting guy who had adventures with some humans. On paper that's not necessarily a bad change, but in practice it gets stale really fast.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Finished Zootopia yesterday. Fantastic film. Both films Disney released in 2016 were incredible.

Brave and Inside Out will probably be next on my list to buy and watch.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I did start watching Brave at some point, but I couldn't keep myself awake for long. I always watch animated films at the worst possible times.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Somewhere I heard that the thing that changed was that with Moffat the Doctor became the center of absolutely everything instead of just an interesting guy who had adventures with some humans. On paper that's not necessarily a bad change, but in practice it gets stale really fast.
    I've been thinking that yeah ._.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It looks like Ragnarok won't be making any appearance in this movie, contrary to the name. I could be wrong.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back