• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Name Help.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2022
    Hello!

So I've been working on my own region based in Belgium. It's kind of going smooth since it's an on-off project, but I'm currently stuck on creating Original Pokemons. A lot of the text is just filled with 'Region Original' as place holders. I figured I should come here for some suggestions. However, I should tell you the basics of my idea if anyone needs it. I apologize in advance if it isn't any good.

So like I said at the beginning, this region is based in Belgium (At some point it was also S.Korea). Similar to how the original pokemon games have two separate versions I wanted this story to have Two routes depending on which game you picked. Your character will have a sibling that takes the opposite route and there will be a rival for each route. Your starters Final evolution will also be determined by what route you picked. So if you picked one route your pokemon would gain either a Fairy, Psychic, and/or Flying-type, while the opposite route would gain a Dark, Poison, and/or Fighting-type. I should also note that by the end of the game, you get the option to play through the opposite route, the only difference is that you get to Fight your Sibling instead of the previous champion.

Update 1/12/21: Looking for any type of pokemon suggestion now!

I hope this was enough and/or necessary. I also look forward to anyone's advice.

Last edited:

Bay

Years
  • Hello there! So far your region and premise sounds cool! Is this for a fangame or regular written story?

Besides that, to be honest if you need names for your Pokemon we're going to be more information on the starters besides their types. Have you decided on what they look like? Are they based of an animal, a plant, an object, or something else? How do they live/what their habitat is that? While not needed but helps, you have designs for them?

Those or just some things to consider before we can determine names for your original Pokemon!

Years
  • If you want a slightly more generalised piece of advice, Pokemon names are often a combination of a word relating to the base of their design and a word related to some other attribute they possess.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2022
    Hello there! So far your region and premise sounds cool! Is this for a fangame or regular written story?

Besides that, to be honest if you need names for your Pokemon we're going to be more information on the starters besides their types. Have you decided on what they look like? Are they based of an animal, a plant, an object, or something else? How do they live/what their habitat is that? While not needed but helps, you have designs for them?

Those or just some things to consider before we can determine names for your original Pokemon!

Hey, This is just a regular writing story.

To be completely honest, I'm so used to jumping straight to naming and filling everything else later. I never thought about how they look and what they're based on. I'll work on that as soon as I can.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2022
    Okay, so I added all the pokemon's I had the most trouble with when it came down to naming. like my first post I look forward to anyone's advice and/or suggestions.

Years
  • How about Golbunny and Asterabbit for your starter lines evos then? The first derives directly from goldenrod and bunny, the second from goldenrods family, Asteraceae, and rabbit.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2022
    How about Golbunny and Asterabbit for your starter lines evos then? The first derives directly from goldenrod and bunny, the second from goldenrods family, Asteraceae, and rabbit.

Oh, Those are pretty good!

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2021
    I have an idea for your fire type a crown jellyfish like creature lives in lava lakes name i think "Corocanic" {Crown jellyfish comes from the coronate order and volcanic} dex entry says something like 'corocanic lives in hot lava pools body made up of magma natural enemy of slugma'
    and its evolution can have like how there magma get dense with time looking like fur and due to its densing they get a secondary typing of psychic and become less hostile no name though.

Back