• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Togepi

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It's cute, apparently strong in the anime and yet kinda useless.

What do you think? Did you use your Togepi once it hatched? Did you take it all the way to Togetic or decided it wasn't worth it and boxed it?

Mine hatched about Goldenrod, usually. It also was usually boxed right away as I normally had way better Pokemon by then. :(

Has anybody actually trained theirs? I know I won't be for the VC release lol

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
  • I left my first one with the daycare for ages. When I took it out I think I used it, but it wasn't very reliable. I'm not sure if I evolved it.

HoennTM

Will my hack be done soon? Probably not.
    Years
  • Back in 2014 I did a Togepi solo run (except for the start of the game where you can't use it) It was really hard because of Togepi's typing against a lot of the gyms and it's sucky stats. Metronome was fun for shenanigans though. It was like level 85 even before I beat the E4 for the first time, because it was getting 1 or 2 shotted by everything. It was like level 95 near Red, (I avoided a lot of the trainers in Kanto so it wouldn't be 100 by the time of Red) and I couldn't beat him, and just ended up evolving it.

0/10 would not recommend.

Sean Flame

*#@()@(!#¥{
    Years
  • My Togepi hatched in Goldenrod too, right before facing Whitney. And since I had no idea what this thing's evo would be like, I did train it to twenties. And then, I was like "meh! Who needs another pokemon! My typhlosion is more than enough." (I was a kid back then, and was doing a solo run of the game cuz I had no idea I should train multiple pok?s.)

Years
  • Togepi is a cute Pokemon which I hatched by the time I arrived to Goldenrod. In GSC I boxed it after it hatched due to it being pretty weak. Although in HGSS, with the addition of Togekiss, I kept it and it became one of my prime team members.

Diaperless

Moo.
    Years
  • I never used Togepi - mostly because of its somewhat lacking set of moves (at least in the first Johto games). I don't strictly think it's a bad Pokémon, though. Just one I wouldn't really like to use.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • Togepi is on both sides of the fence for me, mostly because I did a Togetic solo. It's lacking moveset without relying on TMs and it's new Flying typing when it evolves that allows things like Red's Pikachu and Blastoise to destroy it made it a bit hard to use, and I was forced to rely on Mud-Slap spamming in some battles (Red's Snorlax). Not my best time with Togetic at all. I know I'm not doing a run like that again.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I think I used it once or twice? Although, after gen IV's Togekiss, I find it hard to use Togetic anymore because I feel like...incomplete? I still think Togekiss is cute and well designed, but Togekiss is actually like. Bomb af and it's one of my favorites, so being stuck with just Togetic is like...I feel like I'm missing a step, so I don't think I've used one since Togekiss' introduction for that reason. Sorry, Togetic. :(

Back