• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is this item rare at all?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2017
    Hi, I don't really know much about pokemon tcg, but my brother recently started collecting japanese base set pokemon cards, and his birthday is coming up so I wanted to get him something cool. Could you guys tell me if this item: bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Intro_Pack_(TCG) is at all rare and good to add to a japanese base set card collection?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this post isn't in the right place.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    Hi, I don't really know much about pokemon tcg, but my brother recently started collecting japanese base set pokemon cards, and his birthday is coming up so I wanted to get him something cool. Could you guys tell me if this item: bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Intro_Pack_(TCG) is at all rare and good to add to a japanese base set card collection?

Not sure, it's old and it's Japanese so it predates a lot of current western market values

Years
  • Hi, I don't really know much about pokemon tcg, but my brother recently started collecting japanese base set pokemon cards, and his birthday is coming up so I wanted to get him something cool. Could you guys tell me if this item: bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Intro_Pack_(TCG) is at all rare and good to add to a japanese base set card collection?

Complete sets of this are not common at all for those of us in the west. While technically not a part of the Japanese Base Set, it is a part of the Pokemon TCG from before it debuted internationally, and is also one of those early sets that had cards that never saw release anywhere but Japan. It's a neat collection piece for people collecting early Japanese cards.

Back