• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen XY Cameos in ORAS?

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
If Mega Evolution remains a thing in these games then I feel like Professor Sycamore might make an appearance.

Maybe coming out of Steven's house or something causing an impromptu introduction with the player, kinda like in Johto when Professor Oak was in Mr. Pokémon's house :)

That could be possible having Sycamore in ORAS but tbh I think that is a little too late in the game to have Sycamore appear imo.

The only problem is the timeline since they are so far apart so I'm interested in GF in how will they pull that retcon.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
I'm sure we'll see Looker. My bet we will see the Champion the professor and maybe some NPC's that mention team Flares Defeat

Years
That could be possible having Sycamore in ORAS but tbh I think that is a little too late in the game to have Sycamore appear imo.

The only problem is the timeline since they are so far apart so I'm interested in GF in how will they pull that retcon.

Oh yeah I forgot Steven lives in Mossdeep doesn't he haha, hmm... maybe he could be visiting Mr. Briney or something? So Mega Evolution is kinda hinted at at the start of the game without going into too much detail.

I honestly didn't know that about the timeline, in that case it probably won't happen but it was just a thought :)

Salzorrah

Years
Oh yeah I forgot Steven lives in Mossdeep doesn't he haha, hmm... maybe he could be visiting Mr. Briney or something? So Mega Evolution is kinda hinted at at the start of the game without going into too much detail.

I honestly didn't know that about the timeline, in that case it probably won't happen but it was just a thought :)

Why would Sycamore visit Mr.Briney lel x3 It's more probable if Sycamore was visiting Birch or something haha. Maybe after beating Norman, you could come back to Littleroot and have the Sycamore event there perhaps?

Origin Green

Smell ya later!
Years
As weird as this sounds I'd really like to see Lysandre post-game?

Before everyone found out his plans he was a well respected scientist, so I really wanna know what actually caused him to go insane and want to kill everybody! I'd love to see some backstory to him!

Years
My guess is Professor Sycamore will make an appearance in this game. Also not for nothing, not that I think this will happen, but I would like to see Professor Oak make an appearance in 3D for some reason.

LavenderTownGhost

Returning to Hoenn
Years
I think that would be amazing. I would love to see Diantha, or even Siebold, since it is the region of water. He just seems so fitting for Hoenn.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I think that would be amazing. I would love to see Diantha, or even Siebold, since it is the region of water. He just seems so fitting for Hoenn.

If only Hoenn were known for it's cooking...alas I think Sinnoh has more than Hoenn on that area. Maybe Marlon will appear in Pacificlog town seeing how it's similar to his city.

Salzorrah

Years

Actually Siebold is kinda obvious, seeing his affinity. Maybe he could visit Lilycove and can be encountered in the Musuem? And maybe even the possibility of battling him in postgame?

Years
I think "N" is the only character I can think of that fits the theme of R/S/E that would fit in if he were to storyline. Maybe Dawn at the Contests definitely.

Years
Why would Sycamore visit Mr.Briney lel x3 It's more probable if Sycamore was visiting Birch or something haha. Maybe after beating Norman, you could come back to Littleroot and have the Sycamore event there perhaps?

I honestly have no idea lmao xD In my head I was thinking he'd pop out and say "Oho there young trainer! I was just visiting my good friend, Mr. Briney!" but with the same premise Prof. Birch would work equally as well lol :)

Ooh that's a good idea, would be a nice inclusion to have mid-game :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
But with the timeline.
Gen six takes plase with 1 and 2

Just to point out, but gen 2 takes place 3 years after gen 1, so gen 6 (XY) can't take place during both those gens. Also, XY takes place after B2W2, which takes place 2 years after BW, which takes place some years after DPP/gen 2.

Unless you're referring to "ORAS gen 6," in which case, yes, it likely does take place during gen 1.

Which is why I say that having any sort of cameo is quite unlikely, unless Game Freak is willing to redesign their older characters to be young for these games, but that seems like a bit much to go through for just a simple cameo. It would also not match up with their own individual plots (Jellicent♀ brings up the excellent point that at this point in time N is not even King of Team Plasma--and is likely a young child--so there is no reason for him to be on his soul-searching journey--if anything, he is trapped inside his room being tortured by Ghetsis...and Ghetsis is not exploring the world, he is in Unova torturing N). If anyone has a good chance of having a cameo, it's likely Cynthia, who would only be 2(-ish) years younger than she was in DPP--honestly, DPP/HGSS and FRLG cameos are the only ones I can really see happening, because of their close proximity in the timeline. But anything past that I find close to impossible. Pokémon characters are usually younger than we think, so having them show in such early games (timeline-wise) seems highly unlikely to me. It would be cool, but then you'd realize it just doesn't make any sense and it would lose its appeal.

Years
Just to point out, but gen 2 takes place 3 years after gen 1, so gen 6 (XY) can't take place during both those gens. Also, XY takes place after B2W2, which takes place 2 years after BW, which takes place some years after DPP/gen 2.

Unless you're referring to "ORAS gen 6," in which case, yes, it likely does take place during gen 1.

Which is why I say that having any sort of cameo is quite unlikely, unless Game Freak is willing to redesign their older characters to be young for these games, but that seems like a bit much to go through for just a simple cameo. It would also not match up with their own individual plots (Jellicent♀ brings up the excellent point that at this point in time N is not even King of Team Plasma--and is likely a young child--so there is no reason for him to be on his soul-searching journey--if anything, he is trapped inside his room being tortured by Ghetsis...and Ghetsis is not exploring the world, he is in Unova torturing N). If anyone has a good chance of having a cameo, it's likely Cynthia, who would only be 2(-ish) years younger than she was in DPP--honestly, DPP/HGSS and FRLG cameos are the only ones I can really see happening, because of their close proximity in the timeline. But anything past that I find close to impossible. Pokémon characters are usually younger than we think, so having them show in such early games (timeline-wise) seems highly unlikely to me. It would be cool, but then you'd realize it just doesn't make any sense and it would lose its appeal.

I think that Ghetsis could appear, he could be travelling by himself (after having left N with his Pokemon) searching for the people who will become the other six sages. I once had a theory that one of the six sages was from Hoenn considering he compared Route 18 to his home and said this: "It smells of the sea here. This place has the same ocean smell as where I was born…" which at the time made me think of Hoenn which is surrounded by well sea. Also route 17 is has rapids like the route after Pacificlog town.

I think it'll be cool if there were Cameo's in these games that reference the events that will eventually happen in Gen V and Gen VI.

Salzorrah

Years
I think that Ghetsis could appear, he could be travelling by himself (after having left N with his Pokemon) searching for the people who will become the other six sages. I once had a theory that one of the six sages was from Hoenn considering he compared Route 18 to his home and said this: "It smells of the sea here. This place has the same ocean smell as where I was born…" which at the time made me think of Hoenn which is surrounded by well sea. Also route 17 is has rapids like the route after Pacificlog town.

I think it'll be cool if there were Cameo's in these games that reference the events that will eventually happen in Gen V and Gen VI.

Actually it seems plausible they could appear. Maybe we could see their former iterations, before they became the sages perhaps? A random NPC then realize its one of the sages haha!

Years
Actually it seems plausible they could appear. Maybe we could see their former iterations, before they became the sages perhaps? A random NPC then realize its one of the sages haha!

They could also involve the Tao trio by having them mentioned. (maybe after that uncanonly we can capture the Tao trio with Reshiram in Omega Ruby and Zekram in Alpha Sapphire. I say it in this order as White 2 had water while Black 2 had magma in the cave leading to Undella city. Also their initials match the initials of the games in Spanish R for Rubi and Z for Zafiro.)

Last edited:

Salzorrah

Years
They could also involve the Tao trio by having them mentioned. (maybe after that uncanonly we can capture the Tao trio with Reshiram in Omega Ruby and Zekram in Alpha Sapphire. I say it in this order as White 2 had water while Black 2 had magma in the cave leading to Undella city. Also their initials match the initials of the games in Spanish R for Ruby and Z for Zafiro.)

Actually that is not a bad assumption. If GF will do that, I can't wait to see them in the game! :)

Back