• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen XY Cameos in ORAS?

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
  • Would you guys like to see any trainers or characters appear in ORAS? Whether it be pre- or post-game.

I know Shauna specifically mentions travelling to another region at the end of the game, so it could be likely that we will see her around. Although that could be setup for a future gen as well...I could also see Serena showing up with her Mega Absol.

Or how about from any other gens? Do you think there are any ties from other games to the Hoenn region that I am missing?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I don't think Shauna or Serena will appear, especially Serena as she's a playable character and no PC has appeared since Red. The reason I doubt Shauna will appear is because RSE take place before XY, which means Shauna isn't even a trainer yet by the time of these games...

I think that Cynthia may show up as Steven appeared during HeartGold SoulSilver. Actually out of the XY cast I see Diantha appearing, she is a star after all, maybe they're filming something in Hoenn.

Years
  • I don't think Shauna or Serena will appear, especially Serena as she's a playable character and no PC has appeared since Red. The reason I doubt Shauna will appear is because RSE take place before XY, which means Shauna isn't even a trainer yet by the time of these games...

I think that Cynthia may show up as Steven appeared during HeartGold SoulSilver. Actually out of the XY cast I see Diantha appearing, she is a star after all, maybe they're filming something in Hoenn.

Can't they derail the timeline? I was under the impression the remakes take over the originals making the remakes the actual continuity. Like how we got Red's remake design in Origins over classic Red.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years

Ack I forgot about the timeline thing. :< And since I never play as the female character I totally forgot that Serena was playable. >__>

Diantha would be pretty neat. Cynthia would be too, but she has shown up a few times already. I wouldn't mind her showing up again, but Diantha could get some more fleshing of her character perhaps.

Years
  • Can't they derail the timeline? I was under the impression the remakes take over the originals making the remakes the actual continuity. Like how we got Red's remake design in Origins over classic Red.

They do take over. However derailing the time in which the story take place is a major retcon which could open a whole can of worms for the rest of the series... They've never changed the time it takes place. Plus B2W2 also established that it does take place before Unova's saga, and XY is believed to be at the same time as B2W2 or some time after.

Katunei999

Katunei
    Years
  • I think it would be cool if a gym leader from a different region showed up, like Erika (Kanto) or Whitney (Jhoto). They could take on Steven's role if he returns to being the Champion, or help you out in some other way. I can totally imagine Whitney giving you a thumbs up sign and her Miltank mimicking her, while the character sweatdrops.

Years
  • I think it would be cool if a gym leader from a different region showed up, like Erika (Kanto) or Whitney (Jhoto). They could take on Steven's role if he returns to being the Champion, or help you out in some other way. I can totally imagine Whitney giving you a thumbs up sign and her Miltank mimicking her, while the character sweatdrops.

Speaking of Whitney I recall GS remake speculators saying that figures that resemble Jasmine and Whitney appear among the audience of the contests. Note that Jasmine appeared in the contests of Sinnoh, so it's possible that she's into contests more than simple entertainment. Maybe they'll even make it more clear that it is them!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Considering the timeline, I'd maybe like to see cameos of important people from future regions but during their journey? Like, say, "Fisherman Marlon", "Photographer Viola", "Chef Siebold". Or even Coordinators Jasmine, Fantina, and Johanna, if contests come back in a big way. :D

Years
  • Considering the timeline, I'd maybe like to see cameos of important people from future regions but during their journey? Like, say, "Fisherman Marlon", "Photographer Viola", "Chef Siebold". Or even Coordinators Jasmine, Fantina, and Johanna, if contests come back in a big way. :D

I remember some speculated that Marlon may be from Hoenn due to his Kyushu accent...while that wasn't solid proof may they really will make Hoenn his birth Region. He could be from Pacificlog town.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Not an XY cameo, but I seem to remember someone mentioning that it was stated in the games, that N was spotted in a Faraway island. I don't know if that's just an accidental misspelling of far away, but if not, that could suggest N traveled to Hoenn at some point. I guess it wouldn't make sense with the timeline, but I really don't know how canon that is. And with cameos from certain characters in the other remakes, I don't see it as impossible haha.

As for XY, I won't doubt that we'll see some of the gym leaders stuffed into the game somewhere, like what they did with Maylene and Roark in HGSS I believe. But since I still haven't played the games, I'm honestly not that familiar with all of the characters. Could be pretty cool to see Team Flare make an appearance though :o

Years
  • It'll be cool if we could run into Ghetsis (before he went nuts), as well as Cyrus (before he vanished) as they try to get ideas for their eventual evil plans. Same goes for Lysander.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    It'll be cool if we could run into Ghetsis (before he went nuts), as well as Cyrus (before he vanished) as they try to get ideas for their eventual evil plans. Same goes for Lysander.

Ah, yeah, maybe some kind of postgame content? It would be nice to see Team Plasma preachers trying to invade some extra areas in the game. They may not be X&Y cameos, but they are cameos nonetheless.

Also Looker. The game would just feel complete with him. Especially with the invisible Keckleon part.

Adore

Party.
    Years
  • If they bring back contests, I could see Diantha possibly making a cameo to compete. Acting and contests are both glamorous and forms of entertainment, so the latter could possibly be appealing to her.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    If they bring back contests, I could see Diantha possibly making a cameo to compete. Acting and contests are both glamorous and forms of entertainment, so the latter could possibly be appealing to her.

Interesting idea of having contest cameos. I can see many people making cameos for contests, Fantina too, maybe?

Years
  • If they bring back contests, I could see Diantha possibly making a cameo to compete. Acting and contests are both glamorous and forms of entertainment, so the latter could possibly be appealing to her.

Maybe Diantha and Wallace could know one another if they do that.

Only region I don't see anyone being into contests are those of Kanto and Unova...

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Only region I don't see anyone being into contests are those of Kanto and Unova...

Perhaps because there were no contests in those games...?
    Anyway, since X&Y was based on the whole 'beauty' theme of France there is no doubt that many contest cameos are possible for the 'elegant' characters.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'd really like Cynthia to appear. I'm a huge fan of her, and since she studies Sinnoh mythology and whatnot, perhaps it would be a good way to bring some fourth-gen legendaries in these games; perhaps she could make appearance post-game, and set you to a couple of quests, eventually leading you into some Pokémon like Arceus? Aside from her, it'd be nice to see Brock, too, and perhaps even Misty!

Years
  • Perhaps because there were no contests in those games...?
    Anyway, since X&Y was based on the whole 'beauty' theme of France there is no doubt that many contest cameos are possible for the 'elegant' characters.

Johto didn't have any either and yet they still had some appear. However, I guess Unova and Kalos are excused as there wasn't any game with contests for them to cameo. However the reason for no Kanto cameo in contests is odd...

Adore

Party.
    Years
  • Interesting idea of having contest cameos. I can see many people making cameos for contests, Fantina too, maybe?

She's a much more likely candidate than Diantha, now that you mention it. I could totally see her making a contest cameo.

Maybe Juan and Wallace as well, because of their love of elegant and beautiful Water-type Pokemon?

Maybe Diantha and Wallace could know one another if they do that.

That's very possible considering they're both Champions. Surely they must have crossed paths at one point or another.

Last edited:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Maybe Juan and Wallace as well, because of their love of elegant and beautiful Water-type Pokemon?

Wallace has had a cameo in the anime during contests, so why not? I'm not sure about Juan, though. He doesn't seem like that type who's interested in contests. Connoisseur, maybe.

Last edited:
    Back