• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you have a theme or speciality?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
  • My theme is to use my favorites. However, due to my cat fetish, you can place a safe bet that my team will have a feline Pokemon on it. I can't imagine using an entire team of cats for an actual play-through, though it might be fun to try it as a challenge run sometime.

J a s m i n e ©

Girl Trainer Domination
    Years
  • My team would usually consist of a water/fire/flying/electric/grass/normal. I will pretty much use the same line-up all the time because I like to use variety. I don't think I'll be using a normal type anymore in my team. I have this new found dragon obsession lately so my team will definitely be water/fire/electric/grass/flying/dragon! Kick ass team :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2010
    I think I have Red-Syndrome as well, I always make the same teams with the same few types =__=
    Usually I go through the game with one over-leveled Pokemon and only training/catching more after the Elite Four.
    Otherwise I stick to Normal, Ice or Water types, but I've thought about making a Steel/Sandstorm team and Poison team.

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
    Years
  • As I've become obsessed with the Ultimate Monotype Challenge, all my teams are now monotype teams. On Emerald, I have a mono-Grass team with Sceptile, Ludicolo, Tropius, Vileplume, Shiftry and Breloom, and on my Platinum I have Torterra, Leafeon, Abomasnow, Tangrowth, Roserade and Wormadam in its plant cloak.

I've already planned several mono-type teams for Electric, Normal, Poison, Ghost etc., but mainly in Emerald and Platinum, cos' I want to use my team at their Battle Frontiers. (Or whatever the Sinnoh thing is called - I don't remember. Haven't really played Platinum that much...)

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • Power > favorites for me.

I'd rather not spend ages trying to beat some stupid gym leader/elite four. I don't really care that much for my favorites anyway ^_^

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • It's always a mixmatched team; I find it boring if I stick to one theme for a very long time.

I once tried to make an all Fire-type party. That didn't work out too well. :<

metalfalcon

metalfalcon is not a Skarmory
    Years
  • I generally like to have:

A starter
    Something to kill counters to my starter
    A dark type (preferably Absol)
    Random Pokemon that fills in any missing gaps
    HM Slave
    HM Slave

Edit: I completely forgot, I like to try to have a Fighting type, but it's really a secondary goal.

If there was a Fighting/Dark type, that would probably become my favorite Pokemon instantly.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2012
    ice pokemaaans ! <3

glaceon + frosslass + delibird + mamoswine + dewgong + one i cant remember D:

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Lol. I have favourites, i.e. i often use Gyarados due to it being the most-available dragon-like pokemon.

I also like Ice-types.

I tend not to use a starter unless i really like it, i.e. Kanto,Piplup,Torchic,Mudkip

sasuneuchiha

Neither Darkness nor Light...
    Years
  • For me, I like to go with whatever, really.

For new generation games, such as Diamond, Pearl, Platinum etc. I like to take whatever at the beginning. I'll raise them since they're new and I don't know what moves they'll get. When I've either found something I like more that covers that type in some way, I'll take that or if I just decide I hate the pokemon, I get rid of it. In the end, it ends up being personal preferance.

In replays of games, I'll usually go with favorites of min from that series, or try to recreate a team from whatever roleplay I'm in at the time. Either way, second time around ends up being either stuff I wanna send over to DPPt or personal favorites.

Just kind of a theme with me :)

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    My theme tends to involve a water type, flying type, and a legendary; grass, fire, and even ground are sometimes used, but it really depends on their availability.

I guess it's random, but those are usually what my team consists of.

porygoing

Kreeeeeh
    Years
  • Hall of Fame with Full Rotom Team (White 2). In platinum, I entered hall of fame too with only one Porygon-Z and only one Rotom.
    In B2W2, it's quite fun to try it, because it gives medals from beating elite four with one-type team or one pokemon.

Back