• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recent Gaming Selling/Donating

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
Years
  • So, there's a thread for buying games.

But, what have you sold/donated, or even lent to someone lately?

Where did you sell/donate, and how much did you get, if you sold?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Oh! This is a neat thread. :)

I recently just gave my copy of Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer to one of my husband's classmates. I'm not playing it anymore so why not share the love? <3

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i hate selling games but i have had financial issues since moving to georgia so i've gotten less uh. hoard-y with my games i guess. last thing i remember selling was (y'all don't get mad) my copies of majora's mask 3D, skyward sword, and my grey cart ocarina of time. paid off my copy of KH3. the way i figured it was...i hadn't played MM since its release day. i've touched SS once and don't care for it. and i have a gold OoT + other versions of the game. for collection's sake, it sucks i did that, but ya know. i wanted to play KH3 lmfao.

don't ask me how i feel about that now after beating KH3. taps my shoe............

Years
  • I don't think I've ever straight-up sold a game, but I'm willing to give games away to family or friends if I'm not playing them anymore.

I think the last game I gave away was Melee... was never gonna play it, SSB is no fun on my own. The dude was like "This is worth $50 on eBay" and I hope he sold it for that sweet, sweet cash, hahahahaha

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    i only traded in games once and i honestly felt bad about it so i don't think i'll ever be doing it again lmao.

Years
  • ^^^

When Nintendo shut down their wi-fi services, I sold my Black version and Black 2 and Platinum version and PMD: Sky all to GameStop because I felt I had no further use for them anymore. In hindsight that was the dumbest thing I can possibly do because I didn't need wifi services to have fun with these games.

I have since repurchased Black 2 and Plat and Sky with Black being on the list for when I have more time.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I've never sold a game myself either - even if I haven't played them in years I always keep them around "just in case" I ever feel like playing again for nostalgia or something.

The only time I ever parted with a game I originally owned was when I traded Pokémon Gold for a friend's Pokémon Yellow, lol.

Years
  • I also regret selling a bunch of my old PS2 games. The reason being is that because I haven't touched them in forever, so I thought I'd never really look at them again.

Honestly, even if that was the case, it woud've been nice to look at the old boxarts on occasion and reflect back on the games that I've used to play for memories sake. Now I'll never get that experience again and I really regret it.

These days though I'm very careful about selling or giving away any games lest I regret that choice in the future like I do currently.

Back