• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How "Poké-involved" are you?

smocks

fiat lux
Years
  • How incorporated is Pokémon in your life? Are you part of any other Pokémon-related groups/forums/communities? Any Pokémon related items in your life? Do you wear Pokémon shirts on the regular? Do you talk about Pokémon on the regular irl? How much of the Pokémon franchise have you explored? Do you play Pokémon everyday? Are you on top with the "Poké-news"? etc.
    Do you wish that you were more/less "Poké-involved"? Why?

The most "Poké-involved" thing I do contribute to this wonderful site & its social media accounts (+ chat on its Discord). I've played and cleared all the main series games except the OG Ruby, Sapphire, Gold & Silver. As far as spin-offs go, I've only explored the PMD series (I've never played Snap myself but watched someone play it ill if that helps lol). I don't play Pokémon on the daily. To be completely honest, I play it rarely but definitely buy&beat the newest games asap.

I do not own any Pokémon Merch or related-items besides the games, Vaporeon plush my closest friend gifted me recently, and this Pokéball charm thats a childhood memento.
    I just all want more Pokémon plushies. Especially the Alola Vulpix & Ninetales ones.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I'd say only mildly. I deeply enjoy playing the main series games, watching the anime and I do own a few plushies. {My fave being my Pachirisu} but beyond that, I probably wouldn't be too vocal unless in company of other fans.

But this is a measure of caution. Most people in this general vicinity {in the real world} still blatantly butcher the Pokemon name and can be generally mind numbingly STUPID or intolerant about things they don't necessarily get into.

M.E.R.255

Merry of all traits ;P
    Years
  • I've never played Emerald, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Black, Black 2, X, Omega Ruby, Sun *sweat* but all the other main titles (Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, White, White 2, Y, Alpha Sapphire, Moon). =)

Until I decided to talk here, I only had my best friend to talk about the series... We did watch the Anime from Kanto to Johto together and had a blast! =D
    AHEM! But anyways... sadly, I hardly have anything to do with Pokémon. ._. However, I do try making Fakémon and my own region! ^^

Other than that... I don't have much to say, sorry. .#.

Years
  • I've brought all the main series games, some spin off games, and I've collected plenty of cards.
    I still have from Pokemon toys from when I was younger, but I only have 1 Pokemon shirt.

Being here is really the first Pokemon online community I've been in, but I've been pretty active here and on discord so I guess I am pretty "Poké-involved".

pkmin3033

I haven't been really invested in the franchise to the point I would consider myself "Poke-involved" since Gen IV, honestly. I still buy and play the games - and will continue to do so in all probability - but I don't really care all that much anymore. The games are getting progressively worse and it's very disheartening.

The franchise is keeping me invested these days mostly out of nostalgia, and because I do wish I was more involved with it, because that would mean the games would actually be getting better and I'd be able to enjoy myself again. I'm pretty saddened by the way the games have gone. I used to have a lot of fun with Pokemon, and I guess I'm still invested in it mostly because I've been through this kind of drought with the franchise twice before now - once with Gen III, and once with Gen V - and I'm still hoping it's just temporary. As terrible as I've found some of the games, I know it's an aesthetic thing because the gameplay hasn't changed at all. I can ignore a lot for good gameplay.

In a lot of ways, the next games will probably make or break it for me, because if they're as bad as Sun was I'm liable to just give up on it. I don't care if I buy one or two bad games as long as there are good ones around the corner - with a franchise like this which I've been part of nearly all my life, I take a longer view, and the good still outweighs the bad right now - but I'm beginning to think that this is it, that it won't get any better.

I keep half an eye on the news, because I like to know what's going on. But in a general sort of way these days, the way I keep up with all the latest news on JRPGs. It's not like I'm checking back constantly for updates when I know they might be coming or anything, and some stuff - like the anime - I don't even bother to check. I haven't bothered with the TCG in years, and whilst I still have all my merch, it's been a while since I added to it with something new. On the social side of things...well, I'm not really invested in this site the way I used to be. So I guess there isn't a social side of things for me.

I suppose I'm hanging on the metaphorical cliff edge with my interest in Pokemon. This isn't the first time it's happened, but it could very well be the last if things don't improve in some way. I could care less, but caring less would be not caring at all at this point. I'd like to be more "Poke-involved" but there just isn't any reason to be these days.

Last edited:

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
  • I maintained a passing interest in it since I was little. I moved on to like other fandoms, mostly fantasy book/movie related. After a long time I had a sudden desire to play the games again. But I've never wanted to join a forum to chat about it before.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
    Years
  • By a fair bit.

I have one poster in my room, I still have a couple of Gen I dolls in my room, have two T-Shirts (YET!), and listen most days to the OST.

Still have a bunch of TCG cards which I have never actually used, and yeah, I still have a number of cartridges of the GBC/GBA era.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I am super involved - mainly in the main series - but more in my heart than in public. I wish I could wear shirts and other merch without being looked at weirdly, I wish it was less 'bad' to love Pokémon not as a kid (thankfully, with Pokémon GO, that has been changing). I might not have bought the games upon release since after Diamond, but I have been following all the development of the franchise on the foot; the only thing I'm not following is the TCG. I have at least two games of every generation up to V, with only three of those being spin-offs (Colosseum, Pinball RS, Mystery Dungeon). I wish I owned more merchandise, but right now I only have a Master Ball plush, a t-shirt, earrings, and a few trading cards. I prefer to be loud about my love and passion for Pokémon when in company of other fans of games and 'geeky' stuff. In real life I have a few friend groups in which I can talk about Pokémon (one is entirely based on this common interest), online I actually didn't discuss it much until I came here, because here I got the opportunity to.

I know very well my deliberate involvement in the franchise is due to not being able to play Gen V and onward due to not having a (3)DS. Because I actually did not want to lose my love for Pokémon in this absence of games (and to compensate for that), I threw myself onto Pokénews to be aware of the developments of the franchise even though I couldn't directly experience it. I am definitely planning to make up for the lost time and play through the main games accordingly, so I am still kind of avoiding spoilers for XY. Y'know, this is the game that 'made' my childhood and has been a positive factor throughout everything up 'till now, actively supporting and following it is only natural for me.

Years
  • In some aspects I'm not as 'Poke-involved' as I was, in the sense that I don't play the games nearly as much as I did when I was younger. However, when I was younger I was never part of a Pokemon community apart from that of my friends, so nowadays my social involvement in Pokemon is much greater.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    i'm pretty low grade poke-involved. i essentially just come on here and play the main series games. i did watch those pokemon generation episodes, but they were only about 3-5mins long so it didn't require much commitment lol

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I do everything listed here hehe. I am well known as the Pokemon fan by everyone in my life. I have the same Pikachu onesie that fit my my nephew ones, which I am the one who bought it. Pokemon is an activity I share with a brother too so it's kinda a fmaily thing? I grew up with loving Pokemon so they accept me like I am :p

Guest123123

I've played at least one version of all the main series games, and I always get the third version (or sequel) and remakes of each too. I've also played some of the spin-off games, mainly Mystery Dungeon. I've been making a fangame for two years now (haven't posted it on these forums and have no plans to or at least not until the final episode; it's on a different site). I know the names of all the Pokemon, as well as the characters from the main games, and have memorized most of their teams.

I don't have any Pokemon-related clothing or plushies but that'd be pretty cool. I'd talk about it if other people talked about it.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • I don't know if I can call myself Poke-involved, I'm not an out & out fan, its not like I'll say, "oh yeah Pokemon is the best & nothing else compares to it", I mean there are other franchises I like almost equally, if not more, but I have played every Main Series Game & most Spin-Offs till Gen V & watched almost all Anime episodes till about Season 16-17, so ya I can say I'm certainly a big Pokemon fan (which is why I'm on the Forum, duh :P). Other things like work & studies took precedence, so I sorta drifted away, but do try keep myself updated.

Pika Pika :chu:

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2017
    In the terms you use I would be classed as very lol, I own all the main series games, a few spin-off ones I also own all the TV series, movies and side episodes (All on DVD). I also own about 20 T-Shirts, Boxers, Socks well I own a lot of clothes (I could go on with everything I own with pokemon on it). I play evey day and try be very up to date. But in my own terms I think I am semi-involved and want to be more involved as I don't do competitve and that is what I wanna get into next :P

Back