• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Team: Team Astra (Recruiting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mineox100

Hey.
Years
  • I got the design right here:
    u0In4.png

Meet the beta Shrubroo!

Years
  • mineox100, no offence, but it really seems like you're trying to rush this hack along. Hacks take TIME. We haven't decided on anything to do with the starters except their types. Even if that Pokémon you've drawn does get used, it may not be the starter, and it may not be called Shrubroo. At the moment we need to take things one at a time, and we also need to do them slowly and carefully. Also, we can't do much, as we really need a scripter and a tiler before our hack can actually be able to progress enough to be played. Even then it willl take a while. I'm sorry mineox100, but you're just going to have to slow down, and consult everyone else. However, you can draw however many Pokémon you want, call them whatever you want, and put them up on dA, but bear in mind, not all will get used, and some of them may have name changes if used in game.

I am sincerely sorry if any of what I said offends you, I have no intention of that whatsoever.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
    Years
  • I don't know what VS Sprites are... :/
    Also, remember, the Pokédex so far has just placeholder names.
    Also, the types are still up for vote, but that typing has the most votes so far. In fact, one more vote for it and it will definitely be that typing.

Sprites for Gym Leaders and such will wait a little bit longer. I try to do things in order to make sure it is not forgotten, at the moment, me and Outkin aree working on the starting town map. To finish, we need custom tiles......

Right, that's it. I'm gonna try and make some tiles (and most likely fail)

Look at Mineox's avatar to see a vs. sprite, or the top thing in my sig.

Aren't there some tiles that are floating out there? I know absolutely nothing about tiling so I apologize in advance if this is a really stupid question.

Years
  • Cosmotone8, in that case, we'll create VS spirtes, just in case FireRed uses them, as i can't remember. If they don't, then we could always get our scripter (when we get one) to add a little script that will call the animation for it, meaning we have added something else extra into FireRed.
    Also, There are always tiles floating around somewhere. However, they were made to suit someone else's needs/tastes, so to have your own tiles, you need to make them (hence why we really need a tiler.....)
    Finally, just as an announcement, Outkin is finishing off what we can make of the starting town map using the standard tiles now. Four buildings are missing from the map, as they will need custom tiles to create.

Years
  • i think fire red only uses VS sprites in the elite 4 battles. i cant think of a time other than that...

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2017
    Here's a thought. How about we change the role pokedexinfoeditor to Pokemon editor? Like he will not only change the flavour text but also the names,stats, ev's and types? Plus the names sound cool! How about we add a good number of ice types since the original games have a very small number of them?

Years
  • I'm really sorry guys, but this Team is gonna have to be smaller, meaning some people will have to leave. It is becoming too crowded for me to handle and give everyone a task (yes I know there is not many people, but I am not good at handling things).
    Therefore, I have decided to cut down and give everyone only one or two roles, and certain rles can only be filled by one or two people at a time.

Team decided so far:
    edwardo999 - Owner
    EmoAngel - Tester
    Outkin - Mapper
    Cosmotone8 - TrainerSpriter

If any of the thers not here want to stay in the Team, you're gonna have to rethink roles and other things about why you should stay. Also, just so you know, the role Tester can take MANY people, so if you want to stay, but can't get a main role, just be a tester, and we'll still accept some input from you.
    And finally, the owner role means all final decisions will be made by me. However, I will probably put most of them out on votes so you can all vote instead. The first post is gonna be edited to accommodate role changes and other stuff.
    Again, sorry guys.....

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
    Years
  • Ok then, I guess its just regular sprites for the Gym Leaders. I need a map though, so I can knida tell what each Gym Leader should be like and what Pokemon they have. Also, should someone return? Meaning like Caitlin in Unova? Maybe Crasher Wake for the e4 or something like that.

Years
  • On a note related to my above post, there is now no thinker role. Comments and ideas will be accepted from all members, even testers.

Cosmotone8,good idea about bringing someone back. I'm not sure about who, as this is meant to be around the same time as the Gold/Silver games in Johto, meaning we cannot have any Johto Gym Leaders, Johto-version Kanto Gym Leaders, or Johto-version Elite Four.

Just looked at a timeline. The events of Gen IV are parallel to events of Gen II, meaning we can't have any leaders that appear in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

We could always have someone from RSE, or from BW. =D And if they are from BW, they could either be the same as they are, or be younger in our game =D
    If from RSE, would have to be same, as only two years difference. (RSE is parallel to Gen I)

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
    Years
  • On a note related to my above post, there is now no thinker role. Comments and ideas will be accepted from all members, even testers.

Cosmotone8,good idea about bringing someone back. I'm not sure about who, as this is meant to be around the same time as the Gold/Silver games in Johto, meaning we cannot have any Johto Gym Leaders, Johto-version Kanto Gym Leaders, or Johto-version Elite Four.

Just looked at a timeline. The events of Gen IV are parallel to events of Gen II, meaning we can't have any leaders that appear in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

We could always have someone from RSE, or from BW. =D And if they are from BW, they could either be the same as they are, or be younger in our game =D
    If from RSE, would have to be same, as only two years difference. (RSE is parallel to Gen I)
    You could even have a relative of a person "return". Maybe Steven could get a younger sibling? Or maybe Lance?

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
    Years
  • That can be done. But I think he should be an Elite Four, since Lance is so strong.

I have another surprise too. Here are two more fakemon. I NEED OPINIONS TO MAKE MY WORK BETTER. These are going to be the last ones until this hack is more developed.
    picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
    Years
  • Tile

Got you a custom door. Feel free to critisize I don't make tiles very often.
    Still working on the roof and such.
    Also, can I have credit in your hack for the tiles I make? I don't work for nothing you know.

Years
  • itsa dolphin =D and yes i will be staying with you guys as a concept artist something or other XD anyway, are there any specific features we should have on those two legendaries?? ( i know its early to ask this, but i have nothing else to do besides keep sketching all of those 4 legged things >.>)

Years
  • I had an idea for the two legendaries, just animal based off and colours, the rest was gonna be up to you.
    I'll send you a PM so as not to reveal to much to the public =D

Years
  • @cosmotone8 we can both make a few prototypes, because this is a major part, we should have a few different models to choose from/combine. me with concept art, you with sprites or concept art if you prefer =D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back