• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon GO Play Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
  • My little adventure downtown netted me around 200 Pok? Balls with all the Pok?stops...

It's actually pretty lucrative if you can get to a heavily populated area. Or, you know, a place with a lot of sculptures as is the case with my city. ?\_(?)_/?

The game was crashing a lot when I first set out to play today, but I ended up catching a lot of different Pok?mon - including a Ghastly and a Jynx! :> Pretty darn proud of myself. Aaaaand I just caught a Tentacool while I was sitting here. Hooray!

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • Took a 15 miniute walk each way, and ended up catching 5 dfferent Pokemon including a Clefairy. :D Started with Squirtle, scince he's my perfered Kanto starter. Hoping to find some more new Pokemon tomorrow, nothing but the same few showing up now. Really enjoyed it though :D

mgalles18

Snootchie Bootchies!!!
    Years
  • Today was my first full day of playing the game, didn't do a whole lot of walking around, but still managed to catch a total of 15 Pok?mon around my house and at work. Plus, I work at a Walmart that has 4 different Pokespots at each end of the parking lot so I was able to stock up on quite a few Poke Balls (but no eggs yet, sadly). Today netted me my starter Charmander, Growlithe, Zubat, Golbat, Rattata, Pidgey, Spearow, Meowth, Sandshrew, Ekans, Machop, Mankey, Cubone, Doduo, and Rhydon! All in all, a good day...hope for more good luck tomorrow! XD

Years
  • So my account got wiped and I had to sign up again using the Gmail function since Pok?mon Trainer Club's glitched out. =( No wonder I wasn't able to log in for almost two days, my account didn't exist anymore lol. Named myself JannaSheep again and this time chose Squirtle as my starter like I wanted.

Now I'm off on my walk-around-the-house-until-tonight-when-it's-less-hot adventure. :D

Years
  • Went out today and managed to get my first egg from a PokeStop! Wasn't able to catch anything cause 3G is awful in parts of my town and the Pokemon appear on the map but I don't get a chance to catch them :(

Gonna try and hatch the egg and hopefully get a rare Pokemon from it :)

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • There were no gastly's when I walked along the path next to a cemetery

I feel like Pokemon has missed an opportunity here

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Just hit level 7 so I'm a bit behind the rest of the locals here unfortunately. Been waay too cold to stay out for too long yesterday, so I've been doing the most I can through getting Pokemon whilst on the bus/ car as such.

Evolved:
    016MS.png
    >
    017MS.png

Caught:
    098MS.png
    060MS.png
    069MS.png

Been super heavily involved with our local and national community here in NZ and we're prepping up for our first big Walk with a huge number of people next Saturday!

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • The most notable thing that happened was I caught this little guy RIGHT as I was about to exit out of the app last night...
    Spoiler:

BOOM.

Honorable captures today have included:
    -Pinsir
    -Jigglypuff
    -Exeggcute

...and I evolved my Eevee into a Vaporeon. Though I would have much, much rather had a Flareon. Why does Eevee's Pok?dex description even mention evolutionary stones in this game? Urgh. :|

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Caught 5 electabuzz, 6 magikarp, 4 squirtle, 2 Scyther, a Jigglypuff, a couple of eevees, a lot of Drowzees among other random mons, I'd say it was a good day lol

I'm still looking to capture my first gym though after powering up, and catch a Mankey and Dratini

One of these times

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Today has been a hell of a day for me. I went up from level 6 to level 9, hatched a few eggs, and caught and evolved a bunch of pokemon.

Took over two gyms today as well.

My honourable catches of today are Starmie and Eevee, since it's my first eevee after a couple of days of trying without success to find one. My goal now is to find enough to evolve it, hopefully getting a Jolteon at some point :D But that means having caught a total of 7 eevees, and that's going to be tough work around here I feel.

Also a little thing that made me happy today, as I spent the whole afternoon in the park, I met a couple who were also playing. I was walking ahead of them and they must have noticed I was playing, so they came up to me, foreign in Berlin just like myself, and we talked for a couple of minutes about playing, what pokemon we'd found and what was nearby. At the point we were standing we caught a Poliwag, it appear for both me and them. It made me think how amazing it is that a simple game like this can bring strangers together to talk and laugh, just out of the blue. It's quite amazing really and not something you see much of these days. It made me smile haha

Edit: I'm also sad that despite working in a Gas Turbine factory, I've come across no electric Pokemon or Zapdos yet aside from Magnemite, and that wasn't even in the factory lol. Feelsbadman

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • First Day with the Game

Events

- Chose Bulbasaur as Starter
    - Caught a Pidgeotto in my own house.
    - Caught numerous flying types - Multiples of Pidgey, Spearow and Zubat whilst out and about.
    - Caught a Dratini on the beach :)
    - Joined Team Mystic
    - Had a Kingler run away from me.
    - Caught a Bellsprout.

Years
  • Seriously I was about to get a Bulbasaur. Today i got a Butterfly, Sandslash, Magikarp(from egg), and a Nidoran. And I don't if you guys have notice but it took me a while to notice that the closer you are to a Pokemon the more it gets to the front in the thing where it shows the Pokemon nearby. I was using this strategy of going anyway and seeing if the Pokemon I wanted got closer or further away until I found it which it was the sandslash. Unfortunately this didn't work in the Bulbasaur( why is it soo hard for me to find you;-;;-;)

Paper Lantern

Lady of the Lake
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2016
    I got the game earlier today. I hit level five, upon reaching which I joined Valor. The most notable thing I did today was evolve my Pidgey, affectionately nicknamed Taco.

Years
  • We went for a drive to the supermarket today. As my dad was pulling into the parking lot I found a Pidgeot!! But!! I threw a ton of Pok? Balls and couldn't catch it, then I had to hurry my bum out of the car and get into the store so people wouldn't stare. ;__; What a missed opportunity....

Otherwise I went out again today, caught a few new things. Nabbed another Squirtle, Tentacool, and Drowzee. And powered up my starter a bit because the gym I found kicked my behind in just 1-2 hits per Pok?mon.

Was pretty awesome because there was someone walking across the street with his phone volume all the way up catching Pok?mon. Then as my brother and I left the gym we were at we noticed some kids were also right behind us playing the game. You could see the little fight animation at the gym too when someone's nearby challenging it. Awesome how many people are playing and I just love that.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Other than a Hypno, I haven't yet caught anything new today.

I did, however, manage to take over a couple gyms and made myself the leader. One place I lasted for all of around 5 minutes before I was overthrown again, and one gym I still hold 10 hours later!

Getting ready to go on another outing downtown to see if I can't try and snag a Growlithe that I've been told habits a certain area... Wish me luck!

Hika421

Hex Maniac
    Years
  • Had less server problems today! I was able to reach level 5 and train on a friendly, Blue Mystic gym. ~5+km and ~2 hours outside. :D Really refreshing!

Got cool Pokemon like Jigglypuff, Abra, Kadabra, Eevee, etc...

Some teens placed lure modules all throughout my neighborhood, and I made friends running from one PokeStop to the next.

Last edited:

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Just got back from my "grinding" session downtown - I had the MOST fun I've had in ages.

There are SO many people playing GO in my city! Everyone was running around from Pok?stop to Pok?stop catching everything in site. A couple of friends of mine and I attempted to take down a powerful gym, but it was just too much... haha. We slaughtered some weaker ones though, don't you worry.

The highlights included evolving my Goldeen into Seaking, Staryu into Starmie, and catching both the Clefairy that keeps alluding me, as well as a surprise Koffing! I'm only one Psyduck away from getting a Golduck and one Bellsprout away from a Weepinbell. Good night!

#hype

Love_Fight_Repeat

*Having_Fun*
    Years
  • Started the day with a useless attempt of trying to hatch some eggs by driving on the highway. Then server issues for a couple of hours. Causing the creation of another account that did not fix the problem.

After that highlights include catching a Magmar, much later a Koffing, and Ghastly. Pray, I find more so I can start increasing their CP's. I caught a buttload of Pidgey's and Rattata's.

Rather slow day but there is always tomorrow!!!

Years
  • Went on a road trip to the north of England yesterday and had a really productive Pokemon Go day. Managed to catch a Horsea, Krabby and loads more stuff so now I'm close to getting a Beedrill and have evolved my Rattata and Pidgey into their next stages.

Years
  • Yesterday was just beyond phenomenal. No real server issues (yay!), and met so many people playing GO at my local park.

My highlights were evolving and leveling a Jolteon, catching a wild Golduck and getting my Beedrill evolved and leveled up. The time spent with strangers in the community was also very, very cool.

High, high hopes for the future!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back