• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Detective Pikachu Review

Years
Long story short: get it. It?s really good.

Due to the past few weeks being quite loaded with things to do, we?ve been a little delayed in getting this review out. Don?t let that detract you from reading this review or getting the game!

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I enjoyed the article! It does indeed look like a fun game, but those pixels...

I've played both Ace Attorney and Professor Layton before; both were pretty cool, though I found the latter rather challenging... haha. Maybe I'll give Detective Pikachu a try!

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
It still looks like a very good 3DS game, but given the lack of 3D mode, it probably could be ported to the Switch easily. I wonder how good it?d really look through that.

That'd be neat. And it would be even better if they expanded upon it so you could explore more of the world!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ooh that reminds me. It's payday. I should buy this game now. I don't even need the review to know I need to buy it haha. I'll read it after I play juuuuust so I don't spoiler myself.

MISSINGNOxx1990

Black candles burn, all minds aligned...
Years
i'm going to have to buy this real soon! played the demo last night and loved it, really wanna see where the story goes from there

Unown Seer

Earnest
Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2020
It's a good game for sure, and I for one like my adventure games linear (you do a fair amount of exploring in each chapter), but the ending is pretty unsatisfying. I am not sure if I'm supposed to be looking forward to the movie or to a potential sequel, but I am not holding my breath for either.

Last edited:
Years
It's a good game for sure, and I for one like my adventure games linear (you do a fair amount of exploring in each chapter), but the ending is pretty unsatisfying. I am not sure if I'm supposed to be looking forward to the movie or to a potential sequel, but I am not holding my breath for either.

Maybe there will be a sequel depending on the brand?s overall success? The movie would have to do well and the game would have to sell decently. That the game ends the way it does leaves room for one, after all.

If the game?s story ended with the idea most people would logically predict (involving Tim?s dad) then there probably wouldn?t be room for a sequel. Too many unanswered questions, however, leave the door open.

Unown Seer

Earnest
Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2020
Maybe there will be a sequel depending on the brand?s overall success? The movie would have to do well and the game would have to sell decently. That the game ends the way it does leaves room for one, after all.

If the game?s story ended with the idea most people would logically predict (involving Tim?s dad) then there probably wouldn?t be room for a sequel. Too many unanswered questions, however, leave the door open.
The problem is that the game isn't selling well (by Pokemon standards) in Japan. The idea that the story could be left incomplete due to a miscalculation is annoying. Maybe some stories should be self-contained.

Back