• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Legendary Dogs Anonymous

Years
  • After recently finding Entei 3 times and letting him also slip through my fingers each time, I decided to form Legendary Dogs Anonymous. Here I offer counseling services for those of us who have experienced stress and obession related to the capture of the legendary beasts on a GSC play through.

There is another thread about tips for having more succesful encounters with the legendary dogs, this one is different, this thread is your punching bag to vent! Have you got 1 dog but not the other? No dogs? All but it took you 50 years? Just seeing regular dogs when you want em shiny? Don't worry we got tea, cookies, bean bags, soothing music, plushies, anything you want to make you feel better about the madness of those darn dogs.

220px-Pokémon_Center_Chansey.png

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thank you my beautiful North Wind for being so understanding and not running from me like all the others. I also have Raikou but that was just because of my master ball, before I got it from Elm I fell flat on my face 2 or 3 times trying to catch it.

Today I had to leave Kanto to get back to Johto for a business matter. Since the SS Aqua wasn't running I took the long way around and washed up on the shore of Littleroot New Bark Town. (I warned you about the madness, didn't I? I can't even remember my home town's name!)

I checked my map and realized that Entei was there on route 26 with me. I did not want to miss this chance but was in a dilemma because my best trapping Pokemon now outlevel Entei. Since I had sprayed repels they were keeping Entei away and not just the pidgey! I let Suicune lead since she was the only mon I had still at level 40. He did come out for us, but Suicune was too slow to catch Entei with whirlpool. He fled from me again! *cries*

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Thank you my beautiful North Wind for being so understanding and not running from me like all the others. I also have Raikou but that was just because of my master ball, before I got it from Elm I fell flat on my face 2 or 3 times trying to catch it.

Today I had to leave Kanto to get back to Johto for a business matter. Since the SS Aqua wasn't running I took the long way around and washed up on the shore of Littleroot. Checked my map and realized that Entei was there on route 26 with me. I did not want to miss this chance but was in a dilemma because my best trapping Pokemon now outlevel Entei. Since I had sprayed repels they were keeping Entei away and not just the pidgey! I let Suicune lead since she was the only mon I had still at level 40. He did come out for us, Suicune but was too slow to catch Entei with whirlpool. He fled from me again! *cries*

Wow you really did go the long way around, Kanto to Hoenn to Johto.

Years
    • Seen today
    Even though I finished Silver in November last year, this topic made me realize I had never gone after the legendary dogs, so I decided to go back and try.

I was lucky and immediately found Raikou, I never used the master ball, so I threw it.

Unfortunately, I didn't have the same luck with the others. I went through 30 max repels and after running around the map for an hour, I was about to quit. By this time I was down to my last three max repels, but luckily, Entei appeared. I got one hit with Raikou before it fled.

After another 15 minutes, I finally had Entei in a corner. The encounter started, but instead of Entei, it was Suicune. Somehow, they ended up in the same spot. This saved me so much time because now I no longer have to search later for Suicune.

I stopped here, with the hardest part coming up. Entei is in Red health, Suicune is almost in Yellow health. I have no way of inflicting status (besides Bellosom, which is too slow). I only get one chance to throw an ultra ball before they flee. I could catch them both tomorrow, or it could take me weeks.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Cute thread! For me I never obsessed over them (I did love running between routes though!)... mainly because I couldn't ever catch them because yay no Hypnosis/Mean Look. I'm armed this time with a Hypnosis/Mean Look Gengar. LET'S DO THIS.

Back