• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How sad....

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
When I realized it would never end.

I got sad thinking of so many other things in need of proper anime adaptations and all that money being used on this anime instead. To this day, still.

I'd say even the games could use a proper adaptation themselves. Literally anything is better than the current anime.

Last edited:
Years
Bye-bye Butterfree just like XNaut said. That one will probably be named a lot because its so iconic. I have cried watching that episode...loud and long.

The rise of Darkrai my favorite pokemon movie also has a really moving scene when Palkia and Dialga are clashing and destroying the city when Darkrai struggles to part them. The music just really unnerves me.

The ending of Lucario and the Mystery of Mew as well as Heroes: Latias and Latias are hard to watch too.

I think the episodes dealing with Paul and his Chimchar through the time he has to partner with Ash in a double battle are also worth noting. Paul was interesting because he was constantly emotionally abusing Chimchar. While it has similarities to Charmander's story and the pattern of Ash adopting abandoned pokemon is overused in the anime, I do think they gave Chimchar a lot of personality and I think they really did a good job showing how Paul's cruelty had effected him in a long-term way, how sad Chimchar was and finally getting back in touch with his feelings and living up to his full potential through Ash.

A lot of the content dealing with N. In fact there are way more sad moments then you would think in pokemon. I can't name them all. I'll probably be back to this thread to add some more.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
When I realized it would never end.

I got sad thinking of so many other things in need of proper anime adaptations and all that money being used on this anime instead. To this day, still.

I'd say even the games could use a proper adaptation themselves. Literally anything is better than the current anime.

I dont think a game adaptation would work. Origins wasn't very good.

OT: I think the Charmander backstory was pretty sad. OS Kanto had a lot of sad moments

Last edited:

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
When some of the series end and the characters depart from each other. I mostly got affected by the ending of the Kalos series.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Dude, Butterfree breaks my heart every time. Also Pidgeot. Why did he have to leave Pidgeot ;;

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
Ash releases his Butterfree
The parting scene in Johto (japanese version)
Fantasy Entei "dies" to save Molly

Years
The Stoutland episode in SM. I'm biased because Stoutland is the evolution of my favorite pokemon, but that scene is still sad.

But aside from that....
-Bye Bye Butterfree
-Ash almost releases Pikachu after the seizure episode
-Ash leaves Dawn (I'm a pearlshipper, so....)

Years
I think it's the episode on which Ash almost releases Pikachu from OS series then I recall I also found sad the episode where Ash, Misty and Brock get separated and the also the one Ash, Dawn and Brock get separated as well in Sinnoh. M8 was so sad as well.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
The Stoutland episode in SM. I'm biased because Stoutland is the evolution of my favorite pokemon, but that scene is still sad.

But aside from that....
-Ash leaves Dawn (I'm a pearlshipper, so....)

1a.You know that everyone must died someday huh? And i agree, so i shall skip this episode in polish Disney XD
1b.I also got a Stoutland in pokemon Shiny Gold Sigma from a Lilipup
2.OK respect

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 17, 2022
The episode where Jessie and James had to give up Arbok and Weezing, imo that episode was more sad than the episode where Ash had to give up his Butterfree. It really showed us how much Jessie and James deeply cared for Arbok and Weezing and that it wasn't easy to let them go, and them standing up against the Pokemon Poacher while allowing both Arbok and Weezing to escape with the Ekans and Koffings really showed how emotional that episode was.

Last edited:
Years
that episode during hoenn where pikachu temporarily had amnesia. one of the most memorable episodes of the hoenn anime imo

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I have a few episodes that moved me.

~Ash almost leaving Pikachu in that forest with all those Pikachu. I think it was Kanto. Not sure.

~Pikachu losing his memory temporary.

~ The Sinnoh good bye episode with Piplup. It wouldn't have been so sad if they hadn't played the song from the first episode.

~ There is one more episode that was sad, but happy by the end. It was that episode where May and Meowth go back in time. The same episode where her Eevee hatches from its egg. It's a literal punch in the feels if you watch all the episode.

Those are the episode I can think off right off the bat. I am sure there are more, but for me, those are the most memorable.

Last edited:
Back