• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Age

gigabyte8877

Cant wait for Platinum
Years
  • •Ive been wondering latley,, in the Battle Dimension Series how old is Ash?:cer_confused:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2009
    well if you were going by the real world and by all the series pokemon has done he should be like 16

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Cars? In the Pokémon world? Trainers don't drive! They walk everywhere and let themselves freely get stung by hungry mosquitoes carrying the West Nile Virus! Ahaha!

But really, if characters aged in this show he'd be like 12 or 13.
    However since nobody ever ages (on screen at least), he's still 10.

gigabyte8877

Cant wait for Platinum
    Years
  • Well yeah I kinda agree with sasuneuchiha he does seem 14.. well idk I was just wondering. lol At least we know they get there exercise,, hehe yeah..

Quanghuy

Loving digital art <3
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2010
    I sometimes just think they change his age in order to fit the newest female protagonist in the series so that it inspires fan fics and fan pairings. x3x He SHOULD be at least 13 by now, if not 16, as he mentioned that a two years had passed during his journey with the old gang, ah how I miss Misty, he mentions another year passed when he was traveling with May when she had a competition at the Indigo Plateau. But he was supposed to be 12 when he met May, but he stated he was the same age as her, it's a confusing thing.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Well, since Pokémon Leagues are yearly events, and he participated in the Indigo League when he was 10, that means he must've been at least 11 when he participated in the Silver Conference, and then 12 when he was in the Hoenn League, and who knows how long it took he and Haruka to get to and participate in the Grand Festival. All of that aside, he's at least 14 and, at the most, 15.

sasuneuchiha

Neither Darkness nor Light...
    Years
  • I'm fairly sure he's just 14. I ran a search on it, and a lot of people agree that he's 14. He's obviously older than May, but I still love the pairing. Brock's 2 years older...so why don't we look for his age? I know he's 2 years older...I just don't know where I learned it from. I think the anime. he was ten then...then 11 at...some point. I'm fairly sure he was 12 at Johto. A year passed in Johto...and the orange islands! How could we forget those? Unless we didn't...And since he said he and may had been in together for just a year...he's definatly 14...or 15.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Well, in the third pikachu movie, he turned 11, because he states "Pikachu, do you know what day it is? It's the first anniversery of when we first met" aka his birthday.

Oh, and sasune, Brock is 16 at the beginning of the show, so now, he is at least 17.

Tamama

Kero Zero!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2010
    Probably 14 since each region takes about a year but then again theres battle frontier and Orange Islands so He probably "resetted" back to 10-14.
    In reality, he should be like 20.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I don't really think Ash has a set age.

The writers seem to like tweaking him to their hearts content to fit in with whatever female lead is being introduced. Said female lead usually looks three years older than she 'should' be, so it's all a big paradox-thing. However, based on his actions, I would guess he is about fourteen or fifteen.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Well, I guess aging his different in pokemon. Haven't you noticed people say "when they turn 10" instead of "When they turn 10 years old"? Even if people say the first statement alot in real life, just that small detail could mean that characters in that universe don't age by years, but other means.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Time and Time again I try to understand the desperation of this question that has haunted the universe with a dream in my hand.

It may be hard to believe, but there have been cases where people are at the age of 15 and haven't gone through much puberty. However it speeds up harshly when it comes. Maybe Ash has that case......

...Oh poor Dawn.

the-fox-hero

part timer at the daycare
    Years
  • well if you think about the pokemon world for a sec, im goin off the deep end. what if the pokemon world is bigger? you know longer rotation and cycle? longer days and years?

Back