• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Age

Years
    I think proof that Ash is at least 15 is that Gary is the same age as Ash, and Gary is now a pokemon professor. Since when are 10 year olds pokemon professors?

xD Since when are 15 year olds Professors? Youngest you see in maybe in their 20s! (Then again, those are GOOD professors.)
    Ignoring Pokemon Logic concerning children and dangerous chemicals/pokemon;

I agree with 15 years old or around there. Each region is roughly the same size (I don't remember any game being discernibly longer than the other excluding Metal) and it took about a year for him to go through Kanto.
    (I remember someone really saying "a year ago" or so around the league, anyone know from where?)

With 4 regions you get 14.
    Add in all the other locations (Orange, Frontier) you get 15 or older.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Remember, the movies aren't always canon with the actual anime episode series, so I stick with my theory.

I Peter Griffing object to that statement.

How can you be so sure that the movies ain't canon? There are many things that are present in the anime from the movies.

For example, Ash aura abilities. They were introduced in the 8th movie and were seen again in the Riolu episodes. If that movie wasn't canon, why didn't Ash freak out and crap bricks?

The first movie was indeed very tied to the anime if you saw the beginning. C'mon now, don't see too hard. It's there!

I don't think it is a valid conclusion to exclude movies from the timeline.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    I don't think it is a valid conclusion to exclude movies from the timeline.

Many movies, at best, are vaguely linked to usually indefinite periods of time in the anime and vageuly referenced. The only movie that is tightly linked to the anime is Movie 1. All the others are just referenced (the item Dawn got in Movie 10 is seen in a later episode, for example, or Ash's aura abilities).

That's why moive canon is often debated. Because the plots,characters, are rarely referenced directly, and it's often as if the events in the movie never happened.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    They've mentioned him aging twice. So he's had 2 actual birthdays. So we might as well just say he's 12.

Back