• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Age

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
    Well he has to be atleast 12. I remember him saying that a year has passed since he was last in Veridian(?), when he want back to get the 8th badge in Kanto. And there was that "Hey, Pikachu, it's been a year since we met!" thing.

The ages in Pokémon never made any sense anyway. I mean, May and Dawn were both supposed to be 10, right? Well, try comparing their breast sizes. o_o

It's not like age matters anyway.

Designation_Leader

I iz ubsessed wit teh kittehz!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    In Diamond Pearl: Battle Dimension, he is ten or eleven years old. However, he should be about sixteen years old.
    I bet this altering of time was caused by Dialga...

Lol. Dialga...or maybe even Celebi...or both...

>_>

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Well he has to be atleast 12. I remember him saying that a year has passed since he was last in Veridian(?), when he want back to get the 8th badge in Kanto. And there was that "Hey, Pikachu, it's been a year since we met!" thing.

The ages in Pokémon never made any sense anyway. I mean, May and Dawn were both supposed to be 10, right? Well, compare their breast sizes. o_O

Girls have been advancing puberty age in Japan recently, so it makes sense for them to be AT LEAST that size. May is average and Dawn's are below average. That's about 2 years advancement from what I've seen in my schools.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    That only adds 6 months to the equation if it was true. So it'd be about 14 1/2 to close to 15.

That supports too much he is suffering from PDD.

no I still think it'd be 16. a year in kanto. four months in orange islands. a year and a half in johto. a year in Hoenn. a year in battle frontier. and a few months in DP so maybe it is closer to 15 then 16.

Girls have been advancing puberty age in Japan recently, so it makes sense for them to be AT LEAST that size. May is average and Dawn's are below average. That's about 2 years advancement from what I've seen in my schools.

Ahhh but what u must understand is that May and Dawn's breast size changes. May started out with huge knockers. through out the series they grew and shrunk frequently. at the end she had about the same size as when she began. Dawn starts out with really small breasts but there are moments through out the series when they are bigger. for example, when she is in the cheer leading uniform.

Ash's Age
    Ash's Age

Lol she's pretty sexy in that second picture. Aside form that May, when she sees Ash in Sinnoh, has much smaller breasts as well.

Ash's Age
    Ash's Age

Sorry bout the first picture, bad quality.

Last edited:

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    no I still think it'd be 16. a year in kanto. four months in orange islands. a year and a half in johto. a year in Hoenn. a year in battle frontier. and a few months in DP so maybe it is closer to 15 then 16.

Ahhh but what u must understand is that May and Dawn's breast size changes. May started out with huge knockers. through out the series they grew and shrunk frequently. at the end she had about the same size as when she began. Dawn starts out with really small breasts but there are moments through out the series when they are bigger. for example, when she is in the cheer leading uniform.

Ash's Age
    Ash's Age

Lol she's pretty sexy in that second picture. Aside form that May, when she sees Ash in Sinnoh, has much smaller breasts as well.

Ash's Age
    Ash's Age

Sorry bout the first picture, bad quality.

Those thangs look pretty much the same to me on each. It's probably the optical illusion because May's Sinnoh outfit is tight and bikinis simply make everything sexier.

If you were one year older, I would be very grossed out at you. >:[

Anyways, it's getting out of hand.

Ash should be 14 1/2 or 15 with PDD, based on facts by a few previous posts. Anyone have any questions?...

PDD is Puberty Delay Disorder. :|

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I've always thought of DP Ash as being 15-16, buuut technically, none of the character age. :/

I have to admit, it would be nice if they did. xD

Years
    How are Dawn and May's breast size relevant to Ash's age? Everyone knows that in anime people are drawn differently, that's why there are so many girls with ridiculously sized cleavage, so I think it's pointless to try to make sense of it. In general, most of the time in anime you can only tell what the character's actual age is if they say it outright, or you can judge on the way their height, voice, things like that.

Anyways, to stay on topic I think that Ash is between thirteen and sixteen. It's probably on the lower end of that spectrum, since it's not like he'll ever get much older during the series, anyway. They might just replace him somehow once it gets too ridiculous, though. >_>

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I've always thought of DP Ash as being 15-16, buuut technically, none of the character age. :/

I have to admit, it would be nice if they did. xD

OOOR.... If you can bother to read previous posts: Ash is more than likely having delayed puberty. >:|

Nobody reads precious posts anymore. :<

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    Those thangs look pretty much the same to me on each. It's probably the optical illusion because May's Sinnoh outfit is tight and bikinis simply make everything sexier.

If you were one year older, I would be very grossed out at you. >:[

Anyways, it's getting out of hand.

Ash should be 14 1/2 or 15 with PDD, based on facts by a few previous posts. Anyone have any questions?...

PDD is Puberty Delay Disorder. :|

... ok so it would be disturbing. fact is, the creators of the show are really really bad at portraying the characters ages. I mean seriously, brock was supposed to be 15 when he first started. by now he;d be twenty and he's still shorter then nurse joys and Professor Oak....

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    ... ok so it would be disturbing. fact is, the creators of the show are really really bad at portraying the characters ages. I mean seriously, brock was supposed to be 15 when he first started. by now he;d be twenty and he's still shorter then nurse joys and Professor Oak....

Brock is probably growing slow, or is short. Is there really a need to get that offtopic?

I also just realized this should be in Pokemon Anime/Movie.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    OOOR.... If you can bother to read previous posts: Ash is more than likely having delayed puberty. >:|

xD

Yeah.. I guess that would be nice to believe, hm? :/

I was really hoping that after 11 years of the anime, Ash would at least be 18, act older, look older and the works, right along with everyone else.

These days, I can't ever see that happening. T_T

gigabyte8877

Cant wait for Platinum
    Years
    What I think

Wow,, well I didnt know this was going to become some hot topic,(not really):cer_laugh: Hmm. I understand thhat most likely that the peoplez dont age but Ash's voice has become deeper..

•I havent really seen a differance in breast sizes:cer_eek:

I have noticed that during one Battle dimension episode when May comes to sinnoh, to compeate in the Wallace cup, her voice seems more Hushed. Well like softer...

Hmmm... I wonder if the people who posted somewhere above are right, Maybe when the crew met up with Dialga and Palkia, Maybe they could of been time and spacely altered:cer_disbelief:

But none the less keep comeing with your opinions and theories, I like to see what other people think:cer_love:

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    Hmm. I understand thhat most likely that the peoplez dont age but Ash's voice has become deeper..

This comes with the change of voice actor. If Ash was being played by the same c=voice actor as he was in 4kids he would have the same voice.

rock is probably growing slow, or is short. Is there really a need to get that offtopic?

I don't see this as off topic. If this is off topic then why wasn't May or Dawn? It's just another way to look at how the anime portrays age.

Years
    Here's a question for you guys.

How old is Gary? In the first season, he drives a car. But, he gets his first pokemon the same day Ash gets Pikachu. So is Gary 10 like Ash, or is he 16, and just a late starter?

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Here's a question for you guys.

How old is Gary? In the first season, he drives a car. But, he gets his first pokemon the same day Ash gets Pikachu. So is Gary 10 like Ash, or is he 16, and just a late starter?

That was obviously either a BIG Kart or trainers can drive in non-road areas, but Ash never bothered to learn.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    I always thought he should logically 16.
    That means he's just as tall as a 10 year old.
    Gawd, they never age, huh? Unlike Red, who get manlier when he hits 16. :3
    Didn't they say a person can be a Pokemon trainer once they're 10 years old?
    Doesn't that mean his b-day was when he got Pikachu?
    Does that also mean he shares his b-day with three other people?
    xD Well, he has to be more than 11.
    Ya know, that Pikachu short for the 3rd movie? The one with Entei? They had an anniversary for Ash and Pikachu's first day together. So logically, it was a year after they met, and logically, Ash aged at least a year.

Well, you can get your starter at 10. That doesn't mean his birthday was on that same day, just that it was the first year he was eligible for it.

As for the movies/shorts/anything outside of the regular anime series and chronicles, those are all at best, debatable as far as continuity is concerned. And as for his voice changing, the Japanese/raw/original version still has the same VA doing the voice, and I believe that applies to most of the VA over in Japan.

This bust size discussion is pretty disturbing. It's television. No one on television, especially animated, looks realistic, and that goes for all the characters on the show.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Okay wtf how did this get to three pages since last night? x_o

But yeah, Ash is a character in the anime, so it belongs in the Pokemon TV Show & Movies forum, not here. Please make sure to read the Pokemon General rules, thanks~

-Moved-

dark charmander

Gaara...
    Years
    ash is probubly 11ish. coz the only time they metion it is in the cartoon before the 3rd movie. coz he says 2 pikachu " do u know wht 2day is. its the 1st anifersary of when we first met" therefore he was 11 in the third movie he must age like every 3 years or something so id say.............13

Back