• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokedex Completion

jangocatt

20 Year Veteran
Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    How close have you come to completing the XY Pokedex? With the help of the 20th Anniversary giveaways, I am now at 719 and just need the November and December giveaways to catch them all. I went the extra step of collecting one of every Pokemon, including all evolutions on my copy of X. I got the Shiny Charm a while back, but so far have only caught one shiny (Ninetails) since.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Are you trying to have a shiny living Pokedex as well?

I completed the National Pokdex and have it stored in my Bank, it took a while though :)

jangocatt

20 Year Veteran
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    I like shiny hunting, but don't expect to "catch them all". I have a decent collection (13-14) including a few I got through distribution events. I think I have caught five or six, not counting the red gyarados, in the wild over the years.

Years
  • I completed the National Pokédex in my main copy of X in February 2014, just days before Bank was officially released.

And earlier this month, I managed to catch 'em all in living Pokédex form, too.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I had a lot of fun finishing my National Dex, actually. I finished it back in early 2014, before anyone outside of Japan had Bank. And I still managed to get all those legendaries and others that needed to be transferred, haha. That's probably like...the only highlight of my life. Finishing the National Dex in X when only Japan had Bank. i'm so op

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I think I'm at 692 on Y. I only need to complete the Pokedex

Spoiler:

I caught and leveled up every Pokemon in my living dex except for any Pokemon that evolves via an item that can't be purchased in the game with money or battle points, ie Thunderstone, Dusk stone, Shiny stone.

I Gts'ed for those Pokemon because I wanted to save those stones for shinies.

I started my living dex after beating AZ in march of this year. I want to catch Clauncher in X but am not yet there in the game. I don't like to Gts for fully evolved Pokemon unless they are evolved by items I personally can't get more then couple of. I know you can get more of them but I don't know how and don't really care to try. Even though the shiny charm helps for shiny hunting I currently have 3 boxes of shinies I've caught since March and it's kind of fun hunting without the shiny charm. To be honest I think it comes down to luck more then shiny charm.

Last edited:
    Back