• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: What tools / resources would you like to see?

Shogun

I'll be back
Years
  • A new Map editor
    A tools to expand the pokédex (like gen3HS) but who allow you to expand the dex another time(for example if a new gen is available)
    A new OW editor with more functions (resizing, expanding the amount of OW, automatically adding new palettes) because all these things exist but not all in one editor

A complete battle background Patch (all the time they are incomplete or write inthe 16MB of the rom, not in an expand space (between 16 and 32MB) in Other words they are all the time incompatible.

A shiny ratio editor. This tool already exist but it doesn't works fine.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2017
    New tools like everyone else is saying, but to add to it, Mac compatibility. Whether it be cross platform, or even dedicated hacking tools for Mac. I messed around with Swift and Xcode, but unfortunately don't know much about the GBA tools. Hopefully those who make tools keep Mac users in mind, I am also willing to work with any tool makers to try and make Mac compatible versions.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2016
    A tool for creating animations that are triggered when the player steps on a tile (so we can make additional types of grass with their own animations)

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • the one that i'm surprised i don't hear more of is definitely a moveset importer/exporter
    it doesn't even seem like it should be that hard to do, really, there's a just a few nuances and adjusting for jambo's moveset hack if applicable

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • the one that i'm surprised i don't hear more of is definitely a moveset importer/exporter
    it doesn't even seem like it should be that hard to do, really, there's a just a few nuances and adjusting for jambo's moveset hack if applicable

Pay attention to the tools thread ;) I may or may not be working on one.

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • Pay attention to the tools thread ;) I may or may not be working on one.

Saw this but not a moveset one (please tell me if movesets are what you are attempting lol).
    Was on a small hiatus, so if you started it recently I probably haven't seen it~

RaidenRaider

I WILL Catch'em ALL!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2020
    I would like an all-in-one Tool for Pokemon Red & Blue that can extend the Pokedex from 151 to 251, so that I can add Chikorita to Celibi, add their movesets, evolutions and more, as well as edit the Gym battles, Trainer battles, Starter Pokemon, Wild Pokemon Encounters.

Failing that I'd love for someone to give me a complete guide to add Pokemon's 152 to 251 to Red/Blue myself.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2016
    It doesn't use default offsets, it repoints randomly into random places. Even when you shrink the map dimensions. In fact, I think 1.92 has an issue when you shrink map dimensions, making that dangerous too.

There's MEH, but that wasn't finished. It's also very buggy, so I don't recommend using it. In addition, there's also Blue Spider, which is good because you can just use manual offsets all the way. The problem there becomes knowing enough about the maps to know what to repoint and what to leave alone.

Who do have skills for making a map editor for gen 3 games? What language to write it in? What's "needed" knowlegde to start working on a new map editor?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 17, 2023
    I can't think of anything else but the fact that I wish all tools were compatible with the games of their generation. I'm tired of many tools only being compatible with Fire Red and Emerald.

Years
  • I would love to see a tool or a patch, that removes the button explanation part at the beginning of the german version of Pokémon Fire Red. I was able to create a patch, that removes the gender-choice, but I'm totally clueless how to remove the button explanations.. :-/ All those tools and patches out there are just for the english version of the game, but that's not helpful in my case. ^^"

Back