• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey to determine score of each generation

Ageha1304

Ageha
Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2022
    Due to big controversy that Pokemon Sword and Shield I have decided to create a survey to evaluate the pros and cons of each generation of pokemon games and give them a positivity score.

In the end I will compile the results and give each game an average positivity (or maybe a negativity) score. The results will be posted on r/pokemon once I have enough data. After Pokemon Sword and Shield comes out, I will also create a survey for Gen 8 to see how it compares to previous generations. You can access the survey here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...ehXoEElur5ChYUF_1H6-QT2Q/viewform?usp=sf_link

P.S. Don't be shy and leave a comment on your thoughts about this survey (and maybe some improvements to the survey). :)

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
    Years
  • The biggest improvement I would suggest is changing how you have the generations split. Because if the survey is judging generations and not regions then games like RBY,FRLG, and The let's go games should not be grouped together. They may be the same region but they are all from different generations of Pokémon with increasing changes in mechanics and graphics that separate them generationally. Especially when you get to let's go as that scraps a lot of mechanics that have been introduced over the years (Ignoring my annoyance with people counting those as main series when they should be considered side games, like colosseum or xd).

I wouldn't say there's too big of a difference between GSC and HGSS but the fact that one set of games was introduced pre-abilities and the latter were introduced post-abilities should be enough not to group then together when scoring, especially when scoring based on mechanics and visuals. I'm not even going to go into the differences between RSE and ORAS.

Now the groupings of games by region may work for scoring based in story, though the slight changes in remakes might slightly skew the results. With the fact that there are so many differences between originals and remakes visually, musically, mechanically, and in Pokémon variety (as remakes coming in later generations means more Pokémon available in one way or another), I feel it would be best to either shift the remakes into the generational categories that fit the time they came out or possibly exclude them altogether. Another option may be to just out a separate question like "If applicable, were any remakes in this generation better than the original?" under each generation.

I like the idea of a survey to properly gauge how people feel about the different generations (That way it's not based on people simply saying "gen # sucks because i say so"), but the grouping of remakes under the same generations as the originals can really mess with the accuracy of results.

Ageha1304

Ageha
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2022
    I see your point with the generation split grouping. I think you are right. I will change that.

Ageha1304

Ageha
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2022
    I will really need more data than this to make any sort of conclusions, so I would really appreciate if more people would fill this survey out.

Years
  • The survey says it no longer accepts responses when I click on it. You seem to be having technical difficulties.

Back