• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legend of Zelda: 35th Anniversary

Years
    • Online now
    What would you like to see included in a 35th anniversary pack for Zelda? It doesn't just have to be games, it could also be small extras included in the purchase.

I would like to see: The Oracle games to represent the 2D games, Ocarina of Time included with Master Quest, Majora's Mask, and Twilight Princess.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • Oh jeez has it been that long?

Probably the one thing I'd like to see most in any kind of collection are material goods. Things like posters, figurines, special cases, anything like that. I feel like that's something we're getting less and less of with games as time goes by, and I really want something physical especially in anniversary collections like this.

I think the games get enough representation as it is, and the 3D/HD ports recently have been awesome for keeping the best games in the series available. The one thing I'd want is just a way to bring Wind Waker to the Switch, but I don't see it as likely so I'll keep that prayer pretty silent for now.~

Years
    • Online now
    It surprised me too, but then I remembered the first Zelda title came only a few months after Super Mario Brothers.

I completely forgot about Wind Waker when making this thread. I love this series, but it's the one I tried a couple times and just stopped. I would love to give it another chance if it wasn't so hard to access. GameCube titles are almost impossible to access because they don't get re-released, and I no longer have a working gamepad. I hope it does receive a Switch port.

Setsuna

Years
  • It surprised me too, but then I remembered the first Zelda title came only a few months after Super Mario Brothers.

I completely forgot about Wind Waker when making this thread. I love this series, but it's the one I tried a couple times and just stopped. I would love to give it another chance if it wasn't so hard to access. GameCube titles are almost impossible to access because they don't get re-released, and I no longer have a working gamepad. I hope it does receive a Switch port.
    Ah I totally feel that. I feel like Wind Waker is one of those games where you kinda forget it if you didn't grow up with it? I'm someone who just never got a Wii U in the first place (I was interested but couldn't afford it at the time) so there's a lot of stuff I've missed out on and I hope Wind Waker is something they'll bring over so I can experience it again fully. I wasn't really in a great place when I played it the first time, so I've always wanted to play it again since and have new experiences.

Years
    • Online now
    Ah I totally feel that. I feel like Wind Waker is one of those games where you kinda forget it if you didn't grow up with it? I'm someone who just never got a Wii U in the first place (I was interested but couldn't afford it at the time) so there's a lot of stuff I've missed out on and I hope Wind Waker is something they'll bring over so I can experience it again fully. I wasn't really in a great place when I played it the first time, so I've always wanted to play it again since and have new experiences.

I think for many people they do pick a game in the series they grew up with, and they cherish it. It seems especially true for Zelda. It's a shame GameCube titles are so isolated. You can buy many PS1 and PS2 games on the PS4 shop, but for the most part if you want to play a GameCube title without emulating, you have to actually have the console, or have a disc and a backwards compatible Wii. I hope they add a few GameCube games for the Switch shop, particularly Wind Waker and Mario Kart: Double Dash. I've only played very little of the latter. When they put old games on new systems, it gives an entire new generation the chance to grow up and be fond of that game. I wouldn't have gotten to play Ocarina of Time because I was born after the N64 era, but the release on Virtual Console allowed me to grow up with it.

And it's a valid point you made. I think outside circumstances can effect your outlook when playing. For the same reason I couldn't fully get into Wind Waker when I had the chance. But loved Majora's Mask.

Setsuna

Years
  • I think for many people they do pick a game in the series they grew up with, and they cherish it. It seems especially true for Zelda. It's a shame GameCube titles are so isolated. You can buy many PS1 and PS2 games on the PS4 shop, but for the most part if you want to play a GameCube title without emulating, you have to actually have the console, or have a disc and a backwards compatible Wii. I hope they add a few GameCube games for the Switch shop, particularly Wind Waker and Mario Kart: Double Dash. I've only played very little of the latter. When they put old games on new systems, it gives an entire new generation the chance to grow up and be fond of that game. I wouldn't have gotten to play Ocarina of Time because I was born after the N64 era, but the release on Virtual Console allowed me to grow up with it.

And it's a valid point you made. I think outside circumstances can effect your outlook when playing. For the same reason I couldn't fully get into Wind Waker when I had the chance. But loved Majora's Mask.
    I'd love for a bunch of Gamecube games to drop on Switch because there's so much good stuff on the console and Wind Waker is one of the first things I'd ever mention when talking about (and Double Dash is pretty high up there too <3) but accessibility is so tough.

Majora's Mask is wonderful and I'm pretty sure if any game got any love out of the 35th anniversary, it'd be that or Ocarina of Time. I think the 3DS ports helped introduce a lot of younger people to those games (myself included, i've only played the 3DS versions of both games!) and share the love. That's why I think if anything comes out of the anniversary it'd probably be a couple new ports, and some side things (like how Mario 35 was)

So basically, I guess I expect it to be like the Mario anniversary? Wait...~

Years
    • Online now
    I'd love for a bunch of Gamecube games to drop on Switch because there's so much good stuff on the console and Wind Waker is one of the first things I'd ever mention when talking about (and Double Dash is pretty high up there too <3) but accessibility is so tough.

Majora's Mask is wonderful and I'm pretty sure if any game got any love out of the 35th anniversary, it'd be that or Ocarina of Time. I think the 3DS ports helped introduce a lot of younger people to those games (myself included, i've only played the 3DS versions of both games!) and share the love. That's why I think if anything comes out of the anniversary it'd probably be a couple new ports, and some side things (like how Mario 35 was)

So basically, I guess I expect it to be like the Mario anniversary? Wait...~

Ocarina of Time 3D was the first Zelda game I ever completed. The hint stones were an amazing edition for someone new to the series, especially after trying the virtual console edition and getting stuck. I hope for the 35th anniversary, maybe they could have one of the lesser known games as a part of it. Maybe even Minish Cap. It would be amazing if they went all out and gave Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask a complete graphical update for the Switch. Majora's Mask really is wonderful. I tried playing through again earlier this year, but lost motivation around the Great Bay Temple. I think I'll just restart at this point.

Yeah I hope it's a bit more of a celebration rather than throwing 3 games together and calling it off. It was still nice seeing Mario Sunshine finally getting some sort of re-release.

pkmin3033

There's been a lot of buzz about Skyward Sword coming to Switch off and on over the last year and a half or so - to the point that Amazon has had listings for it - and I honestly do expect to see that in some form. If it came alongside Wind Waker and Twilight Princess Wii U ports, that'd be lovely. Given how terribly Skyward Sword handled, having it on Switch with a control scheme that actually works would be quite nice, and I can't imagine the TP and WW ports would require much work to function on Switch. The vast majority of Wii U ports have made it across to the Switch now, so it's not too much of a leap to imagine that these two would be ported for the 35th Anniversary.

As for the Oracle titles...as much as I dislike Link's Awakening's new style, I wouldn't be averse to these games getting remakes in this style, if only because they're two of my favourite titles and given their connection to Link's Awakening it'd be thematically fitting. But I would quite like to see them finally make Mystical Seed of Courage (or I would assume they'd call it Oracle of Secrets?) if they're going to do this...surely we've come far enough along technologically now that linking between three games wouldn't be an issue. It's not like Game Freak makes Zelda games or something.

Last edited:
    Back