• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chase's 1 millionth Crystal adventure!

Sirfetch’d

So I have decided to replay Crystal yet again. I will be documenting my journey here! As of right now my adventure has only just begun and unfortunately won't have any progress until tonight. I am waiting for dark so I can catch a Poliwag as my first team member. Will update later when that happens!

Sirfetch’d

I made my way to route 30 and caught this little guy:

Spr_2c_060.png

Kyrie
Lv: 4
- Bubble

Time to continue on...

Years
"Millionth playthrough", I always think the same thing when I replay a Pokemon game. xD

It sounds like you might be doing a run without using one of the starters in your main team, instead treating Poliwag as your starter. Is that right? :)

Good luck on your playthrough. :D

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

"Millionth playthrough", I always think the same thing when I replay a Pokemon game. xD

It sounds like you might be doing a run without using one of the starters in your main team, instead treating Poliwag as your starter. Is that right? :)

Good luck on your playthrough. :D

Yep! I have used the starters so many times that I want to just play without them this time. Poliwag is pretty decent as a water type so not having a starter early shouldn't be too bad.

Anyways, I made it to Dark Cave and thought it would be fun to use a Dunsparce on my team. If you do not know, this guy has a 1% encounter rate. I searched for nearly 3 hours and had over 300 encounters but I FINALLY found one!

Team:

Spr_2c_060.png

Kyrie
Lv: 9
- Bubble
- Hypnosis

Spr_2c_206.png

Kiwi
Lv: 4
- Rage

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

We made it to Violet City after a bit more training and decided to take on Sprout Tower right away. Kyrie couldn't do much as a water type vs the Bellsprout but it became a good training opportunity for Kiwi. After taking down everyone there we were ready for the gym. We went right to it and won with ease. Time to head to Azalea!

Team:

Spr_2c_060.png

Kyrie
Lv: 11
- Bubble
- Hypnosis

Spr_2c_206.png

Kiwi
Lv: 12
- Rage
- Defense Curl
- Mud Slap

Sirfetch’d

We made it to Azalea and immediately went to save the Slowpoke. It is so scummy the way Team Rocket was treating them :[ After taking out the bad guys we went right to Bugsy's gym and easily defeated everyone. Time to head to Ilex Forest and then Goldenrod!

Team:

Spr_2c_060.png

Kyrie
Lv: 18
- Bubble
- Hypnosis
- Water Gun

Spr_2c_206.png

Kiwi
Lv: 18
- Rage
- Spite
- Mud Slap
- Glare

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

What are you planning on adding to your team next?!

Elekid hopefully. I went for Smoochum last time(got it on my first try luckily) but resetting for an Elekid egg could end up being very tedious to the point where I just don't care enough to keep trying. I'd be happy with anything from the odd egg though except Igglybuff since you can literally catch Jigglypuff on the same route. After I add Elekid the last one is going to be Espeon

Sirfetch’d

We made it through Ilex Forest and made our way to the Day Care. The nice old couple inside gave me this little egg and asked me to look after it. Being the kind person that I am, I agreed. After a very long bike ride, out hatched my newest team member: a shiny Cleffa!(I could not give this baby up and reset for an Elekid)

Team:

Spr_2c_060.png

Kyrie
Lv: 19
- Bubble
- Hypnosis
- Water Gun

Spr_2c_206.png

Kiwi
Lv: 19
- Rage
- Headbutt
- Mud Slap
- Glare

Spr_2c_173_s.png

Fiona
Lv: 5
- Pound
- Charm
- Dizzy Punch

Sirfetch’d

After hatching Fiona, I did some training in the surrounding routes and areas. My team and I beat the trainers in the underground area, the route north of Goldenrod, the Bug Catching Park, and the area with the daycare. All of this let Fiona quickly catch up to the rest of the gang. We made our way to the gym right after and easily defeated Whitney with Kiwi's powerful Glare + Headbutt combo!

Team:

Spr_2c_060.png

Kyrie
Lv: 21
- Bubble
- Hypnosis
- Water Gun
- Doubleslap

Spr_2c_206.png

Kiwi
Lv: 22
- Rage
- Headbutt
- Dig
- Glare

Spr_2c_173_s.png

Fiona
Lv: 21
- Pound
- Rollout
- Dizzy Punch
- Attract

Sirfetch’d

No update yesterday but I do have one today!

After defeating Whitney we decided to take an adventure to Ecruteak to face Morty. When we arrived to the town we immediately went to the Pokemon Center and ran into a guy named Bill and he told us about his new invention and about his parent's house in Goldenrod. After visiting him there he gave us an Eevee that he found and we added it to our team! We did some training in the routes around the town and even paid a visit to Olivine to train at the Lighthouse before facing Morty. Kyrie and Fiona even evolved! Needles to say we were more than prepared for Morty and easily defeated him.

Team:

Spr_2c_061.png

Kyrie
Lv: 27
- Surf
- Hypnosis
- Rain Dance
- Doubleslap

Spr_2c_206.png

Kiwi
Lv: 26
- Pursuit
- Headbutt
- Dig
- Glare

Spr_2c_035_s.png

Fiona
- Fire Punch
- Rollout
- Ice Punch
- Thunderpunch

Spr_2c_133.png

Clyde
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Shadow Ball
- Quick Attack

Sirfetch’d

I have a rather small update but kinda big? We managed to beat two Gym Leaders, Chuck and Jasmine. We also saved Amphy! Defeating Chuck was a bit tricky with three normal types but we managed to come up with a strategy(Hypnosis OP). Jasmine wasn't too difficult for my team with our good coverage moves. Time to move on!

Team:

Spr_2c_061.png

Kyrie
Lv: 30
- Surf
- Hypnosis
- Strength
- Ice Punch

Spr_2c_206.png

Kiwi
Lv: 28
- Pursuit
- Headbutt
- Dig
- Glare

Spr_2c_035_s.png

Fiona
- Fire Punch
- Rollout
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Spr_2c_133.png

Clyde
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Shadow Ball
- Quick Attack

Sirfetch’d

Quite a lot has happened since my last update. My team and I spent most of our time taking down Team Rocket. They decided to cause a lot of trouble in Mahogany Town as well as Goldenrod. They always seem to be up to no good but once again we put a stop to their plans and hopefully for the last time. We also managed to pay a visit to the Mahogany Town gym. It was a chilly adventure but as usual we came out on top. During all of this chaos Kyrie, Fiona, and Clyde evolved! We are ready for the next step in our adventure!

Team:

Spr_2c_062.png

Kyrie
Lv: 36
- Surf
- Submission
- Strength
- Ice Punch

Spr_2c_206.png

Kiwi
Lv: 35
- Iron Tail
- Return
- Dig
- Glare

Spr_2c_036_s.png

Fiona
- Fire Punch
- Rollout
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Spr_2c_196.png

Clyde
- Bite
- Swagger
- Shadow Ball
- Headbutt

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
You have any ideas on what else you're gonna put on your team?

Sirfetch’d

You have any ideas on what else you're gonna put on your team?

I think I am just going to stick with these four, at least until Kanto. The level curve in Crystal is pretty bad and makes it tough for training more than 3 or 4 tbh.

Sirfetch’d

Small update but we managed to make it to Blackthorn and defeat Clair! She was pretty tough but our teamwork proved to be a bit too much. She did not want to accept defeat though and we were forced to take one final test in the Dragon's Den. We passed with flying colors. It is now time to take on the Pokemon League!

Team:

Spr_2c_062.png

Kyrie
Lv: 39
- Surf
- Submission
- Strength
- Ice Punch

Spr_2c_206.png

Kiwi
- Iron Tail
- Return
- Dig
- Glare

Spr_2c_036_s.png

Fiona
- Fire Punch
- Rollout
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Spr_2c_196.png

Clyde
- Bite
- Psybeam
- Shadow Ball
- Headbutt

Sirfetch’d

We are Pokemon League champs! Time for the next chapter, Kanto :)

Team:

Spr_2c_062.png

Kyrie
Lv: 42
- Surf
- Submission
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Spr_2c_206.png

Kiwi
Lv: 41
- Iron Tail
- Return
- Dig
- Glare

Spr_2c_036_s.png

Fiona
- Fire Punch
- Rollout
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Spr_2c_196.png

Clyde
- Bite
- Psybeam
- Shadow Ball
- Headbutt

Sirfetch’d

Finally had a little bit of time to get back at this playthrough yesterday! We did not make much progress since our Kanto journey started, but I do have some news to report.

We took the SS Aqua to reach Kanto and during that time ended up finding a lost little girl! We truly felt like heroes. After arriving in Vermilion City we immediately checked out the Gym and took on LT Surge. He was actually quite difficult. Kanto leaders appear to be much stronger! After taking him down we decided to explore the surrounding towns and managed to find our way to the Power Plant. Someone had stolen a machine part which left some places without power. Of course we volunteered to help with that and once again saved the day. Oh and we also have a new team member, Janice the Murkrow!

Team:

Spr_2c_062.png

Kyrie
Lv: 43
- Surf
- Submission
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Spr_2c_206.png

Kiwi
Lv: 44
- Iron Tail