• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Region + Fakemon RP

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
  • I wonder what you'll make as the fossils? I'm a sucker for prehistoric creatures, so if you need inspiration, just ask!

One of the Fossil lines is based off Medusa/Gorgons, but as far as my other two Fossil lines, I have no idea yet. So feel free to suggest prehistoric creatures. :D

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
  • Just a heads up, Wikipedia is your friend!

Megacerops (rhino relative also referred to as Brontotherium)
    Gastornis (prehistoric flightless terror bird)
    Megaloceros (aka Irish elk)
    Paraceratherium (largest land mammal ever)
    Doedicurus (ancient armadillo)
    Smilodon (Saber tooth cat)
    Mammuthus (Mammoth)
    Hyaenodon (primitive carnivorous mammal)
    Andrewsarchus (land predator thought to be related whales, also an ungulate)
    Parasaurolophus (duck-billed dino with crest)
    Ankylosaurus (armored dinosaur with bony club on tail)
    Stegosaurus (walnut-sized brains and plates and spikes, oh my!)
    Oviraptor (beaked carnivore)
    Troodon (smart relative of Velociraptor)
    Spinosaurus (largest theropod of all, ate fish, walked on all fours, and could swim)
    Carnotaurus (nicknamed "meat eating bull", and has smaller arms than T-Rex)
    Gallimimus (Ostrich dino?)
    Dimetrodon (the original sailback, more related to us humans than it is to dinos)

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • Thanks for the suggestions, Kaiser! I've got another Fossil Line sketched, and right now I'm trying to think about the good last one that fits in with the typing I set down.

Anyway, for people who are interested in my progress, I currently have sixty Fakemon completed, including the starters and all their evolutions. I gotta say, I'm quite pleased with how each line came out, and I can't wait to show them off! I'm sure y'all will love them. In addition to the sixty completed, I've got another sixty sketched out and awaiting color and lines. Based on my progress, it shouldn't be too long until I have over one hundred finished.

Also, the information for the next two chapters have been done, and the Dex is about 50% written up. We're almost there!

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • Another question for you guys; there will be an event for each Player to receive a Fossil, and another event to receive an egg. The images of the fossils and eggs were going to be shown and the Players would have the choice of picking one fossil and one egg for these events. Should I explain what Fakemon comes from the fossil or egg, or leave it to be a surprise when revived/hatched?

PS. These events are not the same and will not occur at the same time. The methods of how the events is shown to players is just similar.

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • I'm also really impressed by these fakemon designs. Have you made an art gallery thread in A&D yet?

Thank you! And no, I haven't yet. I have been holding off on revealing any more Fakemon, besides the starters, until the RP begins so I don't spoil some of the fun in discovery through IC RP.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
    Years
  • I would personally just like to be shown the fossils, as long as all Fakemon will be revealed through roleplay, I don't need to see them until they are revived!

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • Okay! Update time! I submitted the OOC post, so hopefully that'll be approved in a few days. I'm currently at 85+ finished Fakemon, so I have a decent head start on most of the needed information.

Back