• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chase scenes

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
Years
  • So I'm at the point in "Through Sapphire Skies" where you chase down the Aqua that steals the Devon Parts and Poke-naps Peeko. I'm thinking of expanding this scene to a full blown chase scene, but don't know where to begin.

So, have you written a chase scene? How did you or would you go about making the chase fun for the reader?

Bay

Years
  • I did a few chase scenes before and I think the best advice I can give is have it fast paced like an action scene or Pokemon battle. Depending which charcter's POV your'e going for (either the person doing the chasing or the the person being chased), most of the time they won't pay too much attention to their surroundings and likely bump onto many objects/people if they're in someplace crowded. Other stuff like someone at their limits, losing their breath and legs burning for instance, I make sure to add those too.

Back