• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Pokémon: A New Kalos Champion (T)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super_Flygon

Super_Flygon!
Years
  • I previously created a similar RPG, but I have decided to re-do it due to prior inactivity (largely my fault). I just wanted to giving RPing a second chance. Frankly, I won't be doing Neo Flare stuff again because I prefer to have a more relaxed RP. Potentially, sign ups could remain open even after the RP starts.

Right now, I will try to have 10 sign ups.

Pokémon: A New Kalos Champion (T)​

Plot:
    Two years have gone by since legendary Kalos trainers Calem and Serena (aided by their friends Tierno, Trevor and Shauna, as well as the Kalos Gym Leaders, Elite Four Members, Champion Diantha and Professor Sycamore) thwarted Team Flare's evil plans. Their plans involved harnessing the powers of the Legendary Pokemon Xerneas and Yveltal to awaken the ultimate weapon in Geosenge Town and use it to create a "beautiful and better world".

Kalos has remained peaceful since then, with Calem, Serena and their friends going off to face new adventures in different regions. Champion Diantha has been planning to step down and would like to have a worthy successor.
    This is where you come into play. One of you will get the distinct honor of challenging Diantha for the Kalos Champion title. Professor Sycamore sent out notices to all cities and towns across Kalos about Diantha's impending retirement. Diantha wanted someone new to take over, so only starting and incoming trainers were eligible. News quickly spread to other regions and this even made Kalos one of the most popular regions. Even people who were not selected journeyed to Kalos in the hopes of potentially grooming a future Champion.

You were selected by Professor Sycamore and will meet him at his lab to receive your Starter Pokémon. To mark this special occasion, you can pick one starter from any of the first six regions (anything from Gen 7 is unavailable). There is no evil team to worry about, but feel free to let your imagination run wild! I'm planning for this RP to be somewhat open-ended, where you can create your own side stories along the way (and feel free to have some or all of us get involved as well).

You are still required to face off against all eight gym leaders, after which a competition will take place like in the anime to determine the winner of the Kalos League Conference. The winner gets to challenge the Elite Four and then Champion Diantha herself. If the winner loses to either the Elite Four or Diantha, he/she will be disqualified and the runner-up will go next (at Diantha's discretion) and so on.

Rules:
    All established Pokecommunity rules must be followed.
    No bunnying, unless you have permission from that person.
    Try not to be too unreasonably powerful, particularly early on. I won't be strict on moves learned/evolution, however.
    Try to be active! The RPG won't make much progress if people tend to be inactive. If you are going to be inactive for a period of time, please notify us ahead of time so that we can plan accordingly.
    If you have more than one character, please don't ignore some of them.
    Generally, we will be within close proximity to each other, so while some of us may be in Cyllage City, others could be in the Connecting Cave. It does NOT mean some of us are in Shalour City, while others are in Snowbelle City.
    The RPG is PG-13 rated, so keep that in mind. Romantic moments are definitely allowed (for example, my characters are in love) and cursing is allowed.

The Gyms and Gym Leaders are the same from X & Y and appear in the same order, but feel free to give the leaders other Pokemon from what was used in the games or anime (but be reasonable). Same goes for the Elite Four. Also, the Kalos League will run just like the anime (and then the winner will have the option to fight the Elite Four).

You are allowed to create as many characters as you want. They could be total strangers, close friends, or whatever. Just be sure to manage all of them. Also, they don't have to challenge the gyms. They could just be someone who just wants to travel through Kalos. Feel free to use a character you had from another RP.
    Sign-Up Form:
    Name:
    Appearance: Please describe what your character looks like, clothes they wear, etc. Feel free to post a picture instead of a written description (or preferably in addition to a written description)
    Personality: How does your character act?
    Hometown: Any town/city from the first six regions
    History: Optional, but you could write up a brief overview of your character's life, so we could get to know them before the RPG starts.
    Starter: One from any of the first six regions.
    Other: Any other pertinent information you want to share that wasn't covered in the previous sections.

My sign ups (which are largely the same from my prior RPG, but with some changes):
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2022
    I am kind of a newbie, if that's okay!

Name: Whitten Earl Jax "Wedge"
    Appearance:
    Spoiler:

Personality: Whitten is a people pleaser, but is also highly irritable. Often times, he will give a bad first impression of himself and work throughout a relationship to improve his image. Despite being irritable, he is often too trusting. To compensate for this, he likes to question people relentlessly on their life and personality, which has led him to want to be a police officer when he gets older.
    Hometown: Castelia City
    History: Whitten (or Wedge, as he prefers to be called) was born to a strict, middle class family in Castelia. Whitten's family lived in a relatively nice apartment, which looked out over the city from a sizeable skyscraper. Despite being relatively well off, his parents insisted on him "earning" his place in the world. His schedule was packed with chores, often intruding on his school work. Due to this, and his trouble concentrating, Wedge did not do the greatest in school. Because of his personality, and the low education requirements, he decided to aim to for a career in law enforcement. His parents have intruded on his plans, however, and have decided to send him to Kalos to compete as a pokemon trainer. They decided to do this on a whim, as they recently started watching pokemon battles on TV and are somewhat obsessed, even if it is only a passing fixation. Eager to prove himself to his parents, and knowing pokemon training would help get him into law enforcement anyways, he did not resist their desires and even encouraged them subtly.
    Starter: Male Totodile, which he will name "Richter"
    Other: Whitten hates his name and prefers to be called Wedge, which is a play on his initials.

Mattiusness123

Matthius
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2021
    This is my first Roleplay on this site, but I hope to be a part of the game anyway!

Name: Lucca Cruz

Appearance: She is a white girl who is quite short even for her age. She has brunette hair and is physically thin and lanky. Wears thick lensed glasses and wears a light shirt with black and white stripes on it and wears a black skirt. She tends to carry around a purse with all of her things such as Poke Balls, Items, Medication for herself, etc.

Personality: Lucca tends to be an oddball around people but fairly cheery overall, tends to be considered a bit brazen due to the lack of her social skills and having not gone out very often. She loves technology very much and aims to be a scientist/inventor of sorts someday, even if she can be rather loony in the head. Prefers the company of mechanical things/beings to actual people most of the time unless they share similar interests to her.

Hometown: Opelucid City (Black version)

History: She was born and raised in Opelucid City, her parents are absent at best and forget she exists very frequently which doesn't help Lucca's mental state too much. Having spent 90% of her time in her own room trying to make her own robot in order to "Destroy everything that isn't awesome" in her eyes. The project is far from complete due to her lack of funds and much supplies for her craft besides what she can get from the hardware store whose workers tend to be on good terms with Lucca. She works as a mechanic for hire in order to indulge in her love for technology and to get money for her own personal projects. When she got an E-mail from Sycamore, she was overjoyed to jump at the prospect of getting work in Kalos and even taking on the gym challenge to prove to everyone that she isn't just some random girl with no future as people tend to think of her back at home besides the hardware shop people according to Lucca herself.

Starter: Piplup

Other: The only romantic interests she tends to have is in girls, but tends to show said love in an unorthodox way.

ChampionLeon1

Zacazenta
    Years
  • Name: Nate
    Appearance: Nate has smooth brown hair, a custom rotom tee from R-Bay (Rotom E-Bay) Blue trousers, and Black trainers
    Personality: Nate has a mixed personality, like his mother. It changes all the time
    Hometown: Vermillion City
    History: As he lived in Vermillion City, you would think he was an urban kid, but he spent a lot of time in Viridian Forest. He loved battling Pokemon.
    Starter: Torchic, he loves Blaziken nick name will be Flare

Last edited:

H e a p.

Banned
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 23, 2022
    Name: Xander Xerminay Genivere

Appearance:
    - White hair with Red streak
    - Pinkish-Red eyes
    - Black shirt from Medieval times
    - Brown Jacket that has a hole, but got recovered with a rectangular felt that has Kalos written on it
    - Sports pants with picture of Charizard's head in the sockets
    - Brown hiking boots

Hometown: Luminose City

History: For many years ago, Xander moved into Luminose with his Uncle Viktor, and slept into a coffin for the next 3002 years. In where this RP takes place, Xander has a plan to find AZ (his dad) to prove that he had royal blood and start his adventure.

Starter: Pyrous, the Charmander.

Other: People found him looking like a vampire in a way he sleeps and that he doesn't like garlic bread.

Please, I wanna join! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2024
    my sign up:

Name: Marco Cherry
    Apearence: Regular white boy with Brown Hair
    Clothes: White tanktop with a blue jacket, Brown Shorts( cus they are comfy) and black shoes
    Personality: Marco is a nice social guy easy to be friends with but also caring.
    Hometown: Cherry Town (From a fictional italy inspired region)
    History: Marco and his family moved to kalos at the age of 7. he has made himself at home. at the age of 13 he got a e-mail from Professor Scarmory saying he chose him and others to start their adventure in the kalos region.He alongside his sister: Tracy Cherry set on their path to explore the kalos region.
    Starter:Treecko

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Hi everybody! The owner of this RP has confirmed with me that he is no longer intending to run it, so I figured I'd let you all know so you're not hangin'. :) Unfortunately, there aren't many active RPs to try to join at the moment, but if any of you are interested in creating your own, please take a look at the resource threads and don't be shy about asking us mods for tips!

(pings)
    Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back