• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Competitive] Team comp

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 1, 2021
Plz help! Your opinion is needed! I want some team combs for gen 3 ( included pokemon from previous gens). purpose:battles on pokemon showdown! Thnx a lot 🤠🤠

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
First of all, welcome to PokéCommunity!

Here's some word of advice, it's usually considered good form to have an idea ready - say, a sketch of the team you want to use and make what we call an RMT (Rate My Team) thread, instead of just asking for the team wholesale.

And even then, you didn't really give enough details for us to help. Things like what tier (Ubers, OU, UU or NU) and what's the main battle style you want to use (hyper offense, balanced, defense, stall, etc.) are very important for this kind of thing.

Maybe you should look into the Smogon analyses of the Gen 3 meta (they call it Advance or ADV over there) or even just get acquainted with some common sets in Gen 3 RandBats before you can sketch a team and make an RMT thread?

Years
I'd recommend just looking for some sample teams first if you're new to competitive before you try making your own. That way you can get a better feel for the meta and competitive strategies without diving right into the deep end.

Back