• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Rate My Psychic/Dragon Team-Critiques Much Appriciated

Eclispe

Beginning PsyDragon Master
Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2012
    metagross lvl 100 (position in team: tank) Nature: Carful/Ability Clear Body/ Held Item: Rocky Helmet
    hp: 301 Agility
    attack: 369 Rest
    defense: 296 Earthquake
    sp.atk: 203 Mach Punch
    sp.def:306
    spd:176

Cresselia lvl 100 (position in team: para staller) Nature: Bashful/Ability Levitate/Held Item Leftovers
    hp: 358 Toxic
    attack: 145 Protect
    defense: 326 Moonlight
    sp.atk: 184 Psychic
    sp.def:342
    spd:182

Latias lvl 100 (position in team: healer) Nature: Timid/Ability Levitate/Held Item: Leftovers
    hp: 300 Reflect
    attack: 161 Recovery
    defense: 279 Heal Pulse
    sp.atk: 227 DragonBreath
    sp.def:328
    spd:266

Latios lvl 100 (position in team: Special Sweeper) Nature: Modest/Ability: Levitate/Held Item: Life Orb
    hp: 297 Recover
    attack: 171 Draco Meteor
    defense: 196 Psyshock
    sp.atk: 387 Thunder Bolt
    sp.def:236
    spd:303

Haxorus lvl 100 (position in team: Physical Sweeper) Nature: Jolly/Ability Rivalry/Held Item: Life Orb
    hp: 293 Swords Dance
    attack: 393 Outrage
    defense: 216 Brick Break
    sp.atk: 140 Earthquake
    sp.def: 176
    spd: 322

Hydreigon lvl 100 (position in team: Special Sweeper) Nature: Modest/Ability Levitate/Held Item: Life Orb
    hp: 325 Draco Meteor
    attack: 221 Dragon Pulse
    defense: 216 Flamethrower
    sp.atk: 383 Fly (to get around quickly in game)
    sp.def:216
    spd:295

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    You need to list your items, by the way. Since it does help how we see your team, but I'll rate it as is for now.

Either way, on Metagross, Rest doesn't do anything because it leaves you immobile for a few turns, and unless you have Restalk, Hydration or ChestoRest, then generally rest isn't really used much on its own. As for what set you should go with, it really depends on what item you have, since I can't really make judgements there. However, Hammer Arm, Meteor Mash, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch and Zen Headbutt are mostly okay.

Same thing applies in regards to Rest in relation to Cresselia, go for Moonlight instead - it's much better for recovery than Rest since you don't fall asleep for a few turns, etc. Just use move relearner for that! Protect is only useful with Toxic (and since you have no Toxic Spikers in your team) or if you're using Wish, so it really has no use with Thunder Wave. Instead you could go for Toxic, keep protect, add Moonlight and use Psychic instead of Aurora Beam, since it's STAB and having a non-STAB move on Cresselia doesn't really make much sense. ;x

On Latias, Heal Pulse won't help your team since it heals the opponent, and you don't want opponents being healed. Wish is a much better attack for that since it heals your team, rather than the team of your opponent. Dragon Pulse is a much stronger STAB than Dragon Breath so best to replace that, tbh. If you go for Protect (for Wish), Reflect (not Reflect Type since that doesn't help you that much), Wish and Dragon Pulse you can help out your team by setting up partial screens, use an attacking STAB and heal yourself + opponents.

It also might be an idea to have less dragons since you're very dragon/ice weak, and only one steel to protect yourself, so you could always consider having another one instead of Charizard maybeee? Jirachi could work since it'd fit into your psychic idea.

BoltBeam doesn't really have much use on Latios, instead if you go for Draco Meteor or Dragon Pulse you could hit opposing dragons. However, if anything, thunderbolt would probably have the most use to you, and if you add Surf you're good to go - or just have it at Draco Meteor & Surf, w/ Recover and Psyshock and that could work too.

Give Haxorus Brick Break > Poison Jab to hit Ferrothorn.

On Charizard you have way too many fire attacks, it really doesn't need that many. Most of its sets usually are based upon Solar Power, however, you can still alter that by going with Fire Blast/Sunny Day/Solarbeam, which wouldn't really hurt your other team mates that much.

Good luck!

Eclispe

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2012
    You need to list your items, by the way. Since it does help how we see your team, but I'll rate it as is for now.

Either way, on Metagross, Rest doesn't do anything because it leaves you immobile for a few turns, and unless you have Restalk, Hydration or ChestoRest, then generally rest isn't really used much on its own. As for what set you should go with, it really depends on what item you have, since I can't really make judgements there. However, Hammer Arm, Meteor Mash, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch and Zen Headbutt are mostly okay.

Same thing applies in regards to Rest in relation to Cresselia, go for Moonlight instead - it's much better for recovery than Rest since you don't fall asleep for a few turns, etc. Just use move relearner for that! Protect is only useful with Toxic (and since you have no Toxic Spikers in your team) or if you're using Wish, so it really has no use with Thunder Wave. Instead you could go for Toxic, keep protect, add Moonlight and use Psychic instead of Aurora Beam, since it's STAB and having a non-STAB move on Cresselia doesn't really make much sense. ;x

On Latias, Heal Pulse won't help your team since it heals the opponent, and you don't want opponents being healed. Wish is a much better attack for that since it heals your team, rather than the team of your opponent. Dragon Pulse is a much stronger STAB than Dragon Breath so best to replace that, tbh. If you go for Protect (for Wish), Reflect (not Reflect Type since that doesn't help you that much), Wish and Dragon Pulse you can help out your team by setting up partial screens, use an attacking STAB and heal yourself + opponents.

It also might be an idea to have less dragons since you're very dragon/ice weak, and only one steel to protect yourself, so you could always consider having another one instead of Charizard maybeee? Jirachi could work since it'd fit into your psychic idea.

BoltBeam doesn't really have much use on Latios, instead if you go for Draco Meteor or Dragon Pulse you could hit opposing dragons. However, if anything, thunderbolt would probably have the most use to you, and if you add Surf you're good to go - or just have it at Draco Meteor & Surf, w/ Recover and Psyshock and that could work too.

On Charizard you have way too many fire attacks, it really doesn't need that many. Most of its sets usually are based upon Solar Power, however, you can still alter that by going with Fire Blast/Sunny Day/Solarbeam, which wouldn't really hurt your other team mates that much.

Good luck!

My apologies Forever; Items have been added in bold.

Good luck!

Thank you for your critique. I shall apply most of the changes you suggested for Charizard, Haxorus, Latias(except for heal pulse), Latios, and metagross and see how they work out. However the suggestion for Cresselia concerns me.

I thought about giving Cresselia psychic when first forming this team. However its low move count and Cresselia's low Sp. Attk concerned me. Cresselia was meant to stall as long as possible, so giving it a strong sp. atk and low pp move like psychic didn't cross my mind; he just didn't have sp.attk power to take advantage of it. Didn't want to get into a situation where Cresselia had no move left to defend himself with, so I made my choice between confusion and aurora beam, but now that I think about it confusion would have been the better choice of the two.

What are your thoughts?

As for when it comes to heal pulse on Latias, Heal Pulse restores half of the target's maximum HP. It can be used on team-mates but not on the pokemon using it. This makes it perfect for double and triple battles (which I prefer). The only time its restricted to your opponents pokemon is during single battles(which I do a lot less than double & triple battles).

As For Latios you suggested the following; "BoltBeam (he has Ice Beam Not Bolt) doesn't really have much use on Latios, instead if you go for Draco Meteor or Dragon Pulse you could hit opposing dragons. However, if anything, thunderbolt would probally have the most use to you, and if you add Surf you're good to go – or just have it at Darco Meteor & Surf, w/ Recover and Psyshock and that could work to."

I like the idea of Draco Meteor & thunderbolt w/ Recover & Psyshock however surf concerns me, my pokemon would take damage to in double and triple battles.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Oh right, Soul Dew @ Latios/Latias is banned (mainly because the gen 4 ban would most likely carry over) and the fact that you can't transfer it with PokeTransfer to generation 5 games. ;x

As for doubles, I didn't really think of it being a potential doubles team, so yeah, Heal Pulse could work. BoltBeam = Competitive term for ThunderBolt + IceBeam on the same Pokemon. As for Confusion/Psychic, it's so bad that really... well, Confusion won't help you out much at all. I'm sure if you max out Psychic, Cresselia won't be lasting more than 20 turns, plus it's stronger and you need at least some strength. Plus, your team also has nothing to use Hell Bell etc, so as a result once it's hit by Toxic it's basically game over for Cresselia (which is why more steels could help).

Eclispe

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2012
    Oh right, Soul Dew @ Latios/Latias is banned (mainly because the gen 4 ban would most likely carry over) and the fact that you can't transfer it with PokeTransfer to generation 5 games. ;x

As for doubles, I didn't really think of it being a potential doubles team, so yeah, Heal Pulse could work. BoltBeam = Competitive term for ThunderBolt + IceBeam on the same Pokemon. As for Confusion/Psychic, it's so bad that really... well, Confusion won't help you out much at all. I'm sure if you max out Psychic, Cresselia won't be lasting more than 20 turns, plus it's stronger and you need at least some strength. Plus, your team also has nothing to use Hell Bell etc, so as a result once it's hit by Toxic it's basically game over for Cresselia (which is why more steels could help).

I was able to obtain Soul Dew by using game shark to obtain all tm's an items in gen 5 ;X
    Changes Made Based Off Your Seggestion:

When it came to Metagross you said the following.
    "Either way, on Metagross, Rest doesn't do anything because it leaves you immobile for a few turns, and unless you have Resttalk, Hydration or ChestoRest, then generally rest isn't really used much on it's own. As for what set you should go with, it really depends on what item you have, since I can't really make judgements there. However, Hammer Arm Meteor Mash, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch and Zen Punch Are Mostly okay.
    Changes Made:
    As you stated, the problem with using Rest is that it leaves you vulnerable for a few turns. To address this I gave Metagross the item Rocky Helmet; which damages an opponents pokemon everytime they hit you with a physical attack (granted it doesn't cover the issue of special attacks). I kept Iron Defense and Earthquake but replaced Bullet Punch with Meteor Mash for now ( mainly because there's no way to teach it Thunder, Zen, or Ice Punch in Pokemon Black or White and I need to find the time in my schedule to ev train my Metagross's from Soul Silver and Heart Gold where the generation 4 move list is still available).

When it came to Cresselia you said the following:

Changes Made:
    I kept Thunder Wave, Protect, and replaced Rest & Aurora Beam with Moonlight & Confusion, however was unsure about giving Cresselia Psychic, if confusion performs badly in battle than i'll give Cresselia Psychic

When it came to Latios you said the following:
    On Latias, Heal Pulse won't help your team since it heals the opponet, and you don't want opponents being healed. Wish is a much better attack for that since it heals your team, rather than the team of your opponent. Dragon Pulse is a much stronger stab than Dragon Breath so best toreplace that , tbh. If you go for protect (for Wish), Reflect ( Not Reflect Type since that doesn't help you thatt much), Wish and Dragon Pulse you can help out your team by setting up partial screens, use an attacking STAB and heal yourself & opponents.
    You than said the following in a later post:
    As for doubles, I didn't really think of it being a potential doubles team so yeah, Heal Pulse could work.

Changes Made:
    As suggested I replaced Latias's Reflect Type with Reflect to better support the team. However I kept Heal Pulse (You said yourself in a team battle it could work) and Recover because Latias needs a way of healing himself as well. I kept Dragon Breath do to its paralyzing effect.

When it came to Latios you said the following:
    BoltBeam doesn't really have much use on Latios, instead if you go for Draco Meteor or Dragon Pulse you could hit opposing dragons. However, if anything, Thunderbolt would probably have the most use to you, and if you add Surf you're good to go - or just have it at Draco Meteor & Surf, w/Recover and Psyshock and that could work too.

Changes Made:
    I replaced Ice Beam with Dragon Pulse and kept Psyshock, Recovery, and Thunderbolt.

When it came to Haxorus you said the following:

Changes Made:
    I replaced Outrage with Brick Break

When it came to Charizard you said the following.

"On Charizard you have way too many fire attacks, it really doesn't need that many. Most of its sets usually are based upon Solar Power, however, you can still alter that by going with Fire Blast/Sunny Day/Solarbeam, which wouldn't really hurt your other team mates that much.

It also might be an idea to have less dragons since you're very dragon/ice weak, and only one steel to protect yourself, so you could always consider having another one instead of Charizard maybeee? Jirachi could work since it'd fit into your psychic idea."

Changes Made:
    As suggested I substitued Charazard; however I could not find a legit Jirachi so I went with Hydreigon.
    His stats: 325hp, 221attk, 216def, 216sp.def, 295spd, ability Levitate, Item Held: Life Orb.

Eclispe

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2012
    If you don't mind my asking, what are the EVs for each of your Pokemon?

I don't mind at all.

metagross (Ev's Trained, Attack and Sp. Def) lvl 100 (position in team: tank) Nature: Carful/Ability Clear Body/ Held Item: Rocky Helmet
    hp: 301 Iron Defense
    sp.atk: 203 Bullet Punch

Cresselia (Ev's Trained, Def and Sp. Def)lvl 100 (position in team: para staller) Nature: Bashful/Ability Levitate/Held Item Leftovers
    hp: 358 Thunderwave
    sp.atk: 184 Aurora Beam

Latias (Ev's Trained, Sp.Attk and Spd)lvl 100 (position in team: healer) Nature: Timid/Ability Levitate/Held Item: Leftovers
    sp.atk: 227 DragonBreath

Latios (Ev's Trained, Sp.Attk and Spd) lvl 100 (position in team: Special Sweeper) Nature: Modest/Ability: Levitate/Held Item: Soul Dew
    attack: 171 Dragon Pulse

Haxorus (Ev's Trained, Physical Attack and Spd) lvl 100 (position in team: Physical Sweeper) Nature: Jolly/Ability Rivalry/Held Item: Life Orb
    defense: 216 Poison Jab

Hydreigon(Ev's Trained, Sp.Attk and Spd) lvl 100 (position in team: Special Sweeper) Nature: Modest/Ability Levitate/Held Item: Life Orb
    hp: 325 Tri Attack
    defense: 216 Flamethrower
    sp.atk: 383 Fly (to get around quickly in game)
    sp.def:216
    spd:295

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I was able to obtain Soul Dew by using game shark to obtain all tm's an items in gen 5 ;X

Changes Made:
    I kept Thunder Wave, Protect, and replaced Rest & Aurora Beam with Moonlight & Confusion, however was unsure about giving Cresselia Psychic, if confusion performs badly in battle than i'll give Cresselia Psychic

When it came to Haxorus you said the following:

Changes Made:
    I replaced Outrage with Brick Break

Changes Made:
    As suggested I substitued Charazard; however I could not find a legit Jirachi so I went with Hydreigon.
    His stats: 325hp, 221attk, 216def, 216sp.def, 295spd, ability Levitate, Item Held: Life Orb.

Well, nobody is going to battle you/want to continue battling you if you use an illegal item in generation five, so... :x

Why are you keeping protect on Cresselia? It literally has no reason since it doesn't add to residual damage or anything and leftovers recovery isn't much anyway - well, enough to warrant protect.

Uh yeah for Haxorus, you need Outrage, you don't need Poison Jab. :x It's a dragon type and without its Dragon STAB it's kinda not really useful. Poison Jab doesn't help you whatsoever tbh. :(

Well, you're kinda very weak to dragons/ice, and you definitely need a steel, so could you find a steel somewhere and use that? Because that really is a major issue for you, even if you don't keep Hydreigon.

Edit: For Hydreigon, Tri Attack doesn't help, go for Dark Pulse due to being a STAB and more useful.

Eclispe

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2012
    Well, nobody is going to battle you/want to continue battling you if you use an illegal item in generation five, so... :x

Why are you keeping protect on Cresselia? It literally has no reason since it doesn't add to residual damage or anything and leftovers recovery isn't much anyway - well, enough to warrant protect.

Uh yeah for Haxorus, you need Outrage, you don't need Poison Jab. :x It's a dragon type and without its Dragon STAB it's kinda not really useful. Poison Jab doesn't help you whatsoever tbh. :(

Well, you're kinda very weak to dragons/ice, and you definitely need a steel, so could you find a steel somewhere and use that? Because that really is a major issue for you, even if you don't keep Hydreigon.

Edit: For Hydreigon, Tri Attack doesn't help, go for Dark Pulse due to being a STAB and more useful.

If not protect which move you suggest I replace it with? As for Haxours i'll bring back his outrage and get rid of posion jab for brick break, i'll take the advice on getting rid of tri attk for dark pulse as well. Lastly any suggestion on items?

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    If not protect which move you suggest I replace it with? As for Haxours i'll bring back his outrage and get rid of posion jab for brick break, i'll take the advice on getting rid of tri attk for dark pulse as well. Lastly any suggestion on items?

Lurking here :) I couldn't help but notice the bit about Soul Dew. I'm gonna go ahead an assume that's what you were asking about when you asked for item suggestions:P Anyways, I'd go with:

• Life Orb, if you want to run it similarly to the way you would've with Soul Dew, switching moves and such.

• Choice Specs, if you want the same power that Soul Dew would've granted you. The thing is, Choice Specs locks you into the first move you pick, so you'd have to use a hit and run strategy, unless, of course, the move you're locked into beats the opponent's team anyways :P

Eclispe

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2012
    Lurking here :) I couldn't help but notice the bit about Soul Dew. I'm gonna go ahead an assume that's what you were asking about when you asked for item suggestions:P Anyways, I'd go with:

• Life Orb, if you want to run it similarly to the way you would've with Soul Dew, switching moves and such.

• Choice Specs, if you want the same power that Soul Dew would've granted you. The thing is, Choice Specs locks you into the first move you pick, so you'd have to use a hit and run strategy, unless, of course, the move you're locked into beats the opponent's team anyways :P

Thank you :). I think i'll go with life orb to play it safe. The idea of being stuck into one move somehow makes me feel vulnerable.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • For Metagross, use max HP first if you want to invest in bulk, since EVing in the defenses first is a bit of a waste. Even though Iron Defense is a bit tempting, it's not worth it. Metagross can easily fix its Speed with Agility, though you'll have to change its EV spread:
    -Agility
    -Meteor Mash (stronger than Bullet Punch)
    -Earthquake
    -Zen Headbutt/Ice Punch/ThunderPunch
    Nature: Jolly/Adamant
    EVs: 52 HP/252 Atk/204 Spe
    Item: Leftovers/Life Orb/Lum Berry

Mold Breaker >>>>>>> Rivalry on Haxorus. That way, it can hit Levitators with Earthquake. Rivalry is too inconsistent.

I know that Hydreigon's Fly is for in-game purposes, but you can always teach it to something like Pidove just so you can make room for a more useful move on Hydreigon:
    -Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
    -Dark Pulse
    -Fire Blast
    -U-turn/Focus Blast
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt

The lack of STAB hurts on Cresselia. Use Psychic or Psyshock instead.

Eclispe

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2012
    For Metagross, use max HP first if you want to invest in bulk, since EVing in the defenses first is a bit of a waste. Even though Iron Defense is a bit tempting, it's not worth it. Metagross can easily fix its Speed with Agility, though you'll have to change its EV spread:
    -Agility
    -Meteor Mash (stronger than Bullet Punch)
    -Earthquake
    -Zen Headbutt/Ice Punch/ThunderPunch
    Nature: Jolly/Adamant
    EVs: 52 HP/252 Atk/204 Spe
    Item: Leftovers/Life Orb/Lum Berry

Mold Breaker >>>>>>> Rivalry on Haxorus. That way, it can hit Levitators with Earthquake. Rivalry is too inconsistent.

I know that Hydreigon's Fly is for in-game purposes, but you can always teach it to something like Pidove just so you can make room for a more useful move on Hydreigon:
    -Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
    -Dark Pulse
    -Fire Blast
    -U-turn/Focus Blast
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt

The lack of STAB hurts on Cresselia. Use Psychic or Psyshock instead.

Will make the changes, although its too late for Metagross i'll have to ev the train the one on Soul Silver than send him over to Black. As for Darco Meteor who teaches it to Hydreigon, when i go to the move family house in Mistralton City, they don't teach it and the move tutor in Driftveil City keeps saying "A special move... Should I teach it a battle-combo move?" When I click yes he than says "I can't teach these pokemon."

Last edited:
    Years
  • Will make the changes, although its too late for Metagross i'll have to ev the train the one on Soul Silver than send him over to Black. As for Darco Meteor who teaches it to Hydreigon, when i go to the move family house in Mistralton City, they don't teach it and the move tutor in Driftveil City keeps saying "A special move... Should I teach it a battle-combo move?" When I click yes he than says "I can't teach these pokemon."

The Driftveil Move Tutor teaches Grass/Fire/Water Pledge, which is starter-exclusive.

Mistralton City is the move relearner.

You'll want to go to Drayden's house in Opelucid City and talk to Drayden/Iris (Drayden will be there in White and Iris in Black). Talk to him/her and once your Hydreigon maxes out its happiness they should be able to teach Draco Meteor.

Eclispe

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2012
    Changes Made

:x No I couldn't Forever. I'm very adament when it come to the issue of type. Unless that pokemon is, Psychic, Dragon, or dual typed with Psychic or Dragon being one of its types, I can't use it.

Changes Made Based Off Input From Forever and PlatinumDude

metagross (Ev's Trained, Attack and Sp. Def) lvl 100 (position in team: tank) Nature: Carful/Ability Clear Body/ Held Item: Rocky Helmet
    hp: 301 Agility

Cresselia (Ev's Trained, Def and Sp. Def)lvl 100 (position in team: para staller) Nature: Bashful/Ability Levitate/Held Item Leftovers
    sp.atk: 184 Aurora Beam

Latias (Ev's Trained, Sp.Attk and Spd)lvl 100 (position in team: healer) Nature: Timid/Ability Levitate/Held Item: Leftovers
    sp.atk: 227 Dragon Pulse

Latios (Ev's Trained, Sp.Attk and Spd) lvl 100 (position in team: Special Sweeper) Nature: Modest/Ability: Levitate/Held Item: Soul Dew
    attack: 171 Draco Meteor

Haxorus (Ev's Trained, Physical Attack and Spd) lvl 100 (position in team: Physical Sweeper) Nature: Jolly/Ability Rivalry/Held Item: Life Orb

Kyurem(Ev's Trained, Sp.Attk and Spd) lvl 100 (position in team: Special Sweeper) Nature: Docile/Ability Pressure/Held Item: Choice Scarf (to cover the obvious speed disadvantage)
    hp: 361 Draco Meteor
    defense: 204 Blizzard
    sp.atk: 358 Ice Beam
    sp.def:199
    spd:258

(Forever suggested Jirachi since it was a steel psychic type that would meet the psychic/dragon type requirment of mine that could help with the dragon/ice weakness my team obviously has and help better defend it in general. However I could not find a legit Jirachi so I went with Kyurem who admittedly still is weak against dragons but at least is not weak to ice (I know i've tested myself), and because of blizzard (aoe). Also in the process of retraining another metagross to meet the suggestions posted by PlatinumDude above, however made what changes I could to my current metagross to meet Platinums recommendation)

Other Psychic Pokemon I have that are not weak to Ice or dragons or not weak to one or the other are as follows:

Espeon (Ev's Trained, Special Attack and Spd) lvl 100 Nature: Modest/Ability Syncornize/Held Item: Life Orb
    hp: 252 Psychic
    attack: 128 Signal Beam
    defense: 151 Morning Sun
    sp.atk: 376 Shadow Ball
    sp.def: 211
    spd: 300

Gallade (Ev's Trained, Physical Attack and Spd) lvl 100 Nature: Jolly/Ability Stead Fast/Held Item: Life Orb
    hp: 250 Swords Dance
    attack: 321 Close Combat
    defense: 160 Psycho Cut
    sp.atk: 141 Leaf Blade
    sp.def: 267
    spd: 300

Musharna(Ev's Trained, Defense and Sp Def) lvl 100 Nature: Calm/Ability Telepathy/Held Item: None
    hp: 352 Psybeam
    attack: 131 Hypnosis
    defense: 259 Dream Eater
    sp.atk: 244 Light Screen
    sp.def: 300
    spd: 71

Mewtwo (Ev's Trained, Untrained/ also still has the moves it was caught with) lvl 70 Nature: Modest/Ability Pressure/Held Item: None
    hp: 238 Psycho Cut
    attack: 149 Amnesia
    defense: 140 Power Swap
    sp.atk: 257Guard Swap
    sp.def: 133
    spd: 194

Lugia (Ev's Trained, Defense and Sp. Def) lvl 100 Nature: Calm/Ability Pressure/Held Item: Leftovers
    hp: 334 Thunder Wave
    attack: 190 Recovery
    defense: 346 Roost
    sp.atk: 213 Aircutter
    sp.def: 443
    spd: 239

Azelf (Ev's Trained, Untrained/also still has the moves it was caught with) lvl 50 Nature: Gentle/Ability Levitate/Held Item: None
    hp: 149 Swift
    attack: 133 Uproar
    defense: 74 Future Sight
    sp.atk: 135 Nasty Plot
    sp.def: 84
    spd: 132

Alakazam (Ev's Trained Special Attack, Spd) lvl 50 Nature: Modest/Ability Inner Focus/Held Item: None
    hp: 238 Psybeam
    attack: 120 Shadow Ball
    defense: 102 Psychic
    sp.atk: 386 Recovery
    sp.def: 195

Celebi WIN2011 (Ev's Trained/Untrained/also still has it's event moves) lvl 50 Nature: Calm/Ability Natural Cure/Held Item: None
    hp: 160 Leaf Storm
    attack: 121 Recover
    defense: 97 Nasty Plot
    sp.atk: 105 Healing Wish
    sp.def: 119
    spd: 112

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • As I mentioned with Haxorus: Use. Mold. Breaker. Rivalry is way too inconsistent. Use Psychic on Cresselia too; don't use Aurora Beam; it's too weak and it doesn't even get STAB.

For Metagross, you're going to have to train up a new one because you said it's too late to change the EVs.

Use Surf or Hidden Power (Fire) over Thunderbolt on Latios; either one provides better coverage with Draco Meteor than Thunderbolt.

Dragon Pulse >>>>> DragonBreath on Latias. Sure, the paralysis chance is useful, but DragonBreath is weak.

For your backup Pokemon:
    A problem that I see with your defensive Pokemon is that their EVs are split into their defenses. Don't do that. EV them in HP first before the defenses for better overall bulk.

Give Gallade Night Slash, Ice Punch or Stone Edge over Leaf Blade; a 2x supereffective Leaf Blade does the same amount of damage as a neutral STAB Close Combat.

I'm assuming this is an OU team, so you can't use Lugia or Mewtwo in this (because they're Ubers).

For Alakazam: Synchronize/Magic Guard >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Inner Focus (because Alakazam is too fast to be flinched). Use Focus Blast over Psybeam and Timid over Modest.

Use Timid on Azelf; it needs the extra Speed and Gentle is a terrible nature competitively. Try looking up Azelf's B/W Smogon analysis for possible sets.

Edit: sorry if I seem harsh on this team, but I seem to see that you need a lot of work to do here. :/

Last edited:

Eclispe

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2012
    My Last Post To This Thread

After taking in all the advice i've gotten over the last few days fromForever and Platnium Dude i've come to a final decision about how my team shalloperate.

Metagross (Ev's Trained, Attack and Sp. Def) lvl 100(position in team: tank) Nature: Carful/Ability Clear Body/ Held Item:Rocky Helmet
    hp: 301 Iron Defense
    attack: 306 Rest
    defense: 359 Earthquake

PlatinumDude suggested that I spread Metagross Ev's along these lines; 52HP/252 Atk/204 Spe. Doing this turned Metagross into more of a physical sweeperrather than tank and thus unbalanced my team due to the fact of having too manysweepers(metagross, Haxours, Latios, Kyurem). So instead invested intoMetagross's defenses. Metagross is irreplacible when talking about Psychictanks. No other none uber Psychic pokemon can do the role of tank better. So far it has worked well.

Cresselia (Ev's Trained, Def and Sp. Def)lvl 100 (position inteam: para staller) Nature: Bashful/Ability Levitate/Held ItemLeftovers
    sp.atk: 184 Psychic

Forever suggested that I get rid of Thunder Wave and Aurora Beam for Toxicand Psychic. His reasoning; not having stab on Cresselia didn't make sence andthat my teamed was lacking when it came to power. I must admit this critiquewas right. Making the changes to Cresselia he suggeted did wonders for me. Healso suggeted I get rid of Rest for Moonlight. Following this suggestion waswell worth it and helped Cresselia last alot longer on the battlefeild in mybattles yesterday.

Latias (Ev'sTrained, Sp.Attk and Spd)lvl 100 (position in team: healer) Nature:Timid/Ability Levitate/Held Item: Leftovers
    sp.atk: 227 Dragon Breath

Forever & PlatinumDude suggested that I get rid of Reflect Type andDragon Breath for Dragon Pulse on Relect. Forever reasoning was that DragonPulse was a much more effective stab than Dragon Breath on Latias.PlatinumDude's reasoning was that "Sure, the paralysis chance is useful,but DragonBreath is weak"; basically suring up what Forever had said.Having two people suggest this convinced me to make the changes. While this didhelp I could not get use to not having the paralyzing effect of Dragon Breathso I switched back to Dragon Breath but chose to follow the advice aboutReflect and kept it.

Latios (Ev's Trained, Sp.Attk and Spd) lvl 100 (positionin team: Special Sweeper) Nature: Modest/Ability: Levitate/Held Item:Soul Dew
    attack: 171 Dragon Pulse

Forever suggested that I get rid of Ice Beam on Latios for Dragon Pulse orDraco Meteor. His reasoning was that it would dispatch other dragons moreeffectively. After seeing the results in my last battles(7-wins 3-losses) I agreewith this assessment. That played a key factor in my success; so I thankforever.

Haxorus (Ev's Trained, Physical Attack and Spd) lvl 100(position in team: Physical Sweeper) Nature: Jolly/Ability Rivalry/HeldItem: Life Orb

PlatinumDude suggested that I get an Haxours with the ability Mold Breaker.His reasoning was that Rivalry was too inconsistant and that Mold Breaker wouldallow me to hit pokemon regardless of ability (Levitate). So I traded for one.However I realized this would also mean that if Haxours used his Earthquake ina Double or Triple battle while lets say I had Latios, Latias or Cresselia onthe feild, it would essentially wiped them out. So for double battles I use myRivalry Haxous to avoid this and for single battles I'll use the Mold BreakerHaxours.

Kyurem(Ev's Trained, Sp.Attk and Spd) lvl 100 (position inteam: Special Sweeper) Nature: Docile/Ability Pressure/Held Item:Choice Scarf (to cover the obvious speed disadvantage)
    hp: 361 Draco Meteor
    defense: 204 Blizzard
    sp.atk: 358 Ice Beam
    sp.def:199
    spd:258

Forever expressed concerned about the huge Dragon/Ice weakness my team hasand suggested I get Jirachi in place of the Charizard I had on my team. HoweverI could not find nor aquire a legit or legal Jirachi so instead I went withKyurem. While he still his weak to dragons, he does not share the Ice weaknessmost dragons have.

:D With that said I thank you both for your advice. I have taken it in and added the changes I did like. All I can do now is continue to battle and seehow things go.

Back