• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your hardest catch?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • Mine was Zubat. Like omg... I wasted so many pokeballs catching one! My second was Growlithe, but I kind of blame that on the wonky servers lately. :c In the end, the servers ended up making me miss out on getting it. ;____;

So, what has been your hardest catch so far?

Blazing Rud

This is Blazingly Awsome!!! - Pokemon Blazing Fire
    Years
  • I dont know how i got a Pidgeotto but it was hard to catch i missed some pokeballs and the pokeballs which even hit, it broke out of pokeball! Instead of green circle it had yellow circle and this makes it hard to catch

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    I was driving with my buddies and we all saw an abra pop up but before i could stop it had cleared out, so i did a u turn parked on the side of the road and we walked around for a half hour, long story short no one could find that abra again, we gave up and started hitting a bunch of poke stops, all three of my buddies phones die and then my son ran into an abra lol caught that pokemon and called it a good day, (none of my buddies got it though lol)

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Jynx. :|

I found one earlier today on my way to work and almost crashed my car turning around to try and snag it - I was too late. I was walking around downtown this evening and I finally found another one!

I spent something around 10 Pok? Balls! She just wouldn't go in there!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    The Zubats are for sure the ones I had the most trouble with. Zubat was the first Pokemon I encountered after getting my starter, and I threw like 5 Pokeballs at it before giving up because I thought I was doing something wrong/not understanding how to throw a ball in a straight line. :P Then I talked to some friends and they also had a bit of trouble with Zubat, so I knew it wasn't just me being an idiot.

I caught one after for the sake of the Pokedex, but I ignore every Zubat I see now - not worth it, haha.

Aside from that, I encountered a couple Pokemon that escaped the Pokeball a few times - but it's a different kind of "hard to catch" since it's not me missing with my throws, they were just stronger and kept breaking free. I think my Kingler took about 4 successful throws to get.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2016
    i had trouble getting Starmie took me like 10 pokeballs but got her with CP of 400 now she is up to 524

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Mine was Hypno, appeared outta nowhere and then just wouldn't go in the ball, only Pokemon to date that I've encountered and haven't successfully caught.

My Clefairy was a close second though, it was a real struggle to get it to go in.

Lunarly

(●´ω`●)
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Feb 2, 2019
    Mine was a Pikachu, mainly since it kept jumping every time I used a ball ;w; I think I used like 15 balls on this mofo qq

Years
  • I was in a caf? earlier today and a Golbat appeared. It took me a good few minutes to catch and I never gotten so many evils in my life from people thinking I was taking photo's of them. Worth it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    hey question though guys i dont know about you but back on the handheld pokemon games i always smashed the a button over and over while a pokemon was in the ball i know it didnt do anything but it felt nice and it seemed i had more luck getting em to stay in SOOOOOOOOOOOOO flash forward to go and now i find my self spam tapping the pokeball whenever the pokemon goes in lolol i dont think it ACTUALLY helps but hey it might

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Zubat. I missed it a bunch of times, it managed to break out of its Pokeball then took a few more balls. Not worth it one iota.

Also had a Kingler run away from me after breaking out of 2 Pokeballs and Raticate running away after breaking out of 1.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    I got zubat in 5 in 6 pokeballs, but I have only caught 5 pokemon so far. That was my most so far though (I think I was quite lucky)

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Zubat for sure lmao. You'd expect some higher level pokemon to trump it but nope, Zubat takes gold for most frustrating to catch there is. I've not spent more than 4 on one, but even then it was annoying lol.

A surprising catch for me which should have been tough was the CP399 Starmie I caught first try earlier. That was something else.

Paper Lantern

Lady of the Lake
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2016
    I was trying to catch this caterpie earlier in the backseat of a car. For whatever reason, he kept breaking out. He had pretty low CP, too- I think I wasted 4-5 pokeballs before he ran away. :B

I have haven't battled a zubat yet, though. For whatever reason they just never turn up in my area.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2016
    I caught a dragonite. Cost me about 15 pokeballs. It was crazy.

Attachments

• What was your hardest catch?
      image.jpg
      135.9 KB · Views: 10

Love_Fight_Repeat

*Having_Fun*
    Years
  • That Dragonite is balling! Congrats!

Yeah, Zubats and Spearows seem to be to tougher than they should be to catch. I was having trouble with a Magmar but I kept using berries and it was caught after 6 tries.

Back