• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your hardest catch?

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    Pikachu so far..took 14 of my pokeballs the little trickster

Chuck Palahniuk

ten question marks
    Years
    Spearow are really hard to catch for me. Every time I try I use at least 5 Pokeballs. Also, recently, I caught a Seaking that was double my already caught Pokemon's CP so that was pretty hard too

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2022
    For me It is a Mankey. Every time I see one, it fights me even most are good throws. Now I know how Ash felt when he caught his Mankey lol

Syvelocin

Eevee Breeder
    Years
    Snorlax. Zubat at least seems to be more about aim and less about catch rate so once I get the right aim I've got him. Snorlax just did not want to stay in.

Jiggling Jigglypuff

I'll Sing Ya To Sleep
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Mine was Zubat. Like omg... I wasted so many pokeballs catching one! My second was Growlithe, but I kind of blame that on the wonky servers lately. :c In the end, the servers ended up making me miss out on getting it. ;____;

So, what has been your hardest catch so far?
    I just got him and I have to agree that it was the most difficult to catch. It darted around flying and flapping its wings. Craziness.

Years
    Man I think I'll change my mind Bulbasaur was really hard to catch he got out plenty of times. Other than that I caught all 3 starters today so I was really happy.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2016
    Well, I had caught a Scyther, and then the server froze on me and didn't let me keep it. I restarted the app, and then I found another Scyther, but it quickly ran away.

The hardest one to catch that I actually still have was my Venusaur.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    I haven't had trouble catching too many Pokemon except one which ended up running, a friggin Kingler.

It attacked me while I was on the crapper. I used 3 Razz Berries and 7 Great Balls. Still ran.

Edit:mfw just had the same happen with a cp805 Nidorina ;_;

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I guess Zubat, I used about 6 or 7 pokeballs and unfortunately when it finally did hit the pokemon it was one of the 50% freeze ones so didn't actually get it.

The only Magikarp I found broke out of the ball and fled. Actually I had like 6 different pokemon break out and flee in a row, including Weedle, Pidgey and other pokemon that usually catch 100% of the time.

Thoriére

[i]If everything's a dream, don't wake me.[/i]
    Years
    Do escaped PKMN count? I used a ton of balls on a Bulbasaur right outside my house and it wound up running off anyway. I don't think I'd lost any before that, so I count it as a hard catch.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    My hardest catch was a level 600+ Jynx earlier today. She took over 10 berries, 20+ great balls and a lot of missed Pokémon at the nearby lure, but boy was she worth it. I think. I mean I haven't used her but... she's kind of rare? :D

EvaLiz666

Dilettante and occasional cookie baker
    Years
    Definitely the Zubat, I was just learning the game and I think I wasted 30 pokeballs on that sucker.

Back