• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's storm Rocket Hideout, they can't stop all of us! [Get-Together Challenge 2019]

Years
  • Get-Together 2019 in Pokémon Platinum

Let's storm Rocket Hideout, they can't stop all of us! [Get-Together Challenge 2019]

PART 7

I'm determinated to finish this run on time and so I quickly beat planet weebs and moved on to the Snowpoint City.

I had to find Candice in the Snowpoint Temple, which meant to beat 2 Ace Trainers in double battle. And it was harder that I though. They had fully evolved Johto starters and bunch of annoying Pokémon. But the temple itself was pretty nice inside. I think this was the first time I went there.

As for Candice battle, It was over really fast. According to my team I had to use all of my Pokémon, but since almost all of them had a move effective against Ice-types, it wasn't problem. Priority moves were again useful.

I'll try to update everyone one last time and I'm considering running letting everyone finish through PM or something like that.

Team

Hellraiser, Jolly Male Houndoom
    lvl 56, Flash Fire @Black Glasses
    - Flamethrower
    - Nasty Plot
    - Dark Pulse
    - Crunch

Gunn, Timid - Metagross
    lvl 62, Iron Fist @Twisted Spoon
    - Meteor Mash
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Bullet Punch
    - Hammer Arm

Japp, Naughty - Rotom
    lvl 60, Levitate @Spell Tag
    - Thunderbolt
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Shadow Ball
    - Pain Split

Ivy, Adamant Female Nidoqueen
    lvl 60, Poison Point @Razor Fang
    - Eartquake
    - Surf
    - Poison Tail
    - Toxic Spikes

Science 3, Bashful Female Raticate
    lvl 60, Hustle @Silk Scarf
    - Double-Edge
    - Flame Wheel
    - Quick Attack
    - Crunch

Rodgers, Rash Male Pinsir
    lvl 60, Hyper Cutter @Expert Belt
    - Brick Break
    - Close Combat
    - Megahorn
    - Swords Dance​

saniachan

Second Violinist
    Years
  • Awright, this part is quite a long trek for Kou. He only can use either red or black Pokemon, so it's a "welcome back" for Malva. During the hunt for new friends, she evolved into Charmeleon. The hunt itself gave these to Kou:
    • Gardenia the female Oddish/Gloom (only the final evolution counts for the red Pokemon)
    • Viola the female Paras/Parasect
    • Volkner the Voltorb (only for Flash buddy, though)
    • Olivia the female Onix (this is for the ground-type reverse-ban)
    Long story short, he arrived at Celadon City after passing by Lavender Town. He grabbed Hau the male Eevee, trained him with the help of some trainers near Lavender, and back to Celadon to grab Fire and Leaf Stones (very fitting for the games known as FireRed and LeafGreen) to evolve Hau and Gardenia into Flareon and Vileplume, respectively. Here's a little bonus during Hau's training (if you know what I mean, that is) :
    Spoiler:

As for Erika, her team were taken care of by Hau, Viola, and Malva. Hau fought her Victreebel, Viola dealt with her Tangela, and Malva literally set her Vileplume on fire, earning Kou his fourth badge:
    Spoiler:

And here's the squad as of now:
    Spoiler:

Room 16 next, please.

Last edited:
    Years
  • SUPERJOLT HAS ONLY HIS PARTNER TO COUNT ON
    Police is storming the Hideout. It's only up to Superjolt and his partner to solve this mystery now. New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

TOKYODRIFT IS STILL IN DISGUISE
    Tokyodrift has to upgrade her costume. New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

CLOVER IS ON THIN ICE
    Janp thinks about putting "In the dark" rule on Clover, but that would be too soft. New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

SANICHAN FOUND THE KILLER
    It was Gardener all this time and not Team Rocket. Well, at least we didn't do anything stupid to catch them, right? New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

JANNA FOUNDS A BUTTON
    Janna has a choice. Choose 2 people. Their rules will be switches. Or you don't have to do anything, but that will activate another Global Rule.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Get-Together 2019 in Pokémon Platinum

FINAL PART

Phew, I made it. I forgot to post my update after beating Volkner as I was updating the map for the last time. But nothing interesting happened. I had "Good old ways" rule which made me change literally nothing about my team. With Nidoqueen on my team, Volkner was easy. Oh but the Galactic side quest was painful. Cyrus uses both Dialga and Palkia on level 70 in double battle and I almost won on the first try, only missing by 1 HP on Dialga and having no priority move to use. Second attempt was successful. But right after that I had to face regular Cyrus team on level 60. It was manageable though. And to end this part I caught Giratina in Master Ball.

Then I rolled another rule and got objection. TY decided to get rid of Metagross and put Kricketune on my team. I made one last change to my team and swapped Nidoqueen for Quagsire. And after a looong grind, I was ready to take on Victory Road and Elite Four. There are 2 side quests I had to complete before I could continue. Help Marley and beat Dawn on Route 224.

After that I was able to battle Barry one last time and easily overpowered him. I could finally rematch Aaron and beat him with combination of Houndoom and Rotom. Bertha is that one member of E4 that I wasn't looking to battle and oh boy, it was long battle. Since I had nothing aside Quagsire and Venusaur to hit her hard, I had to try other strategies like using Perish Song. Flint was easy. His not-so-Fire team was no match to my team. Also by checking documentation, each team is rolled from one of 4 premade teams and Flint got the one with almost no Fire-types. Lastly, Lucian, who I always forget about, proofed to be the worse E4 trainer. Like how could someone so forgettable make it so high?

And finally Cynthia. She started with Spiritomb, which I countered with Houndoom. Her Milotic was faster that most of my team and was able to put Venusaur and Rotom under Hypnosis. After some healing I was able to take it down with Rotom. Same can be told about her Togekiss. Her Roserade was once again problem. She put Venusaur back asleep, but he was able to tank her Sludge Bombs and counter with his own, after some healing. Cynthia then sent out Garchomp and it was able to set up Swords Dance. The end was near. I sacrificed half of my team before it went confused. I then sent Kricketune and set up Perish Song. 3, 2, 1, Cynthia withdraws Garchomp... Well, I forgot that she still has one more Pokémon. Luckily I still had Houndoom, so her 6th Pokémon - Lucario, went out quickly. Back to Garchomp. I had to use combination of healing, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed and bunch of Sludge Bombs to finally take it down.

And with that, this run is over. I really enjoyed this hack and the rules. And running the whole event was also fun. Even through all my complaining on Discord. Hope to see you in the next Challenge Event.

And here's Hall of Fame:
    Spoiler:

Team

Hellraiser, Jolly Male Houndoom
    lvl 83, Flash Fire @Black Glasses
    - Flamethrower
    - Nasty Plot
    - Dark Pulse
    - Crunch

TY, Sassy Female Kricketune
    lvl 78, Technician @Bright Powder
    - X-Scissor
    - Slash
    - Night Slash
    - Perish Song

Japp, Naughty - Rotom
    lvl 80, Levitate @Spell Tag
    - Thunderbolt
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Shadow Ball
    - Pain Split

Monk, Hasty Male Quagsire
    lvl 78, Water Absorb
    - Waterfall
    - Curse
    - Counter
    - Earthquake

Allen, Timid Male Venusaur
    lvl 80, Thick Fat @Miracle Seed
    - Leaf Storm
    - Sleep Powder
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Leech Seed

Rodgers, Rash Male Pinsir
    lvl 80, Hyper Cutter @Expert Belt
    - Rock Climb
    - Close Combat
    - Megahorn
    - Swords Dance​

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Super quick post - I beat Clair! I wanna sleep though so I'll do a proper summary and team update after. (Thanks also WizardofOdd :B)

Years
  • Since the GT is over, I would like to thank you all for participating. If you didn't complete your run and would like to continue, I can roll new rule for you through PM each time you beat a Gym or I can send you the list of rules so you can roll one yourself. Let me know in PM.

Back