• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nice to meet your acquaintance

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    New member, just saying hello. I've played pokemon games since I was a kid, I'm 29 now. I played the original blue version on a GBC which was my first entry into the fandom.

I'm diving into ROM hacking today and have downloaded PGE as well as MEH as I believe these are the best tools to use for a beginner?
    FireRed is what I'm going to be hacking as I believe it to be the most accessible and newbie-friendly based on research.

Does anyone have any sage advice or tips for the bushy-tailed and bright-eyed?

I have fire-red but I'm uncertain if I should utilize it for my first attempt at a hack, I think it will be too involved... It's the one from Leon and UltimaSoul.

Looking forward to meeting and learning from you guys,
    -Jordan

(PS: I cross-posted this from the general chit-chat in the ROM-Hacking section, but that particular thread seems ill-traveled)

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    New member, just saying hello. I've played pokemon games since I was a kid, I'm 29 now. I played the original blue version on a GBC which was my first entry into the fandom.

I'm diving into ROM hacking today and have downloaded PGE as well as MEH as I believe these are the best tools to use for a beginner?
    FireRed is what I'm going to be hacking as I believe it to be the most accessible and newbie-friendly based on research.

Does anyone have any sage advice or tips for the bushy-tailed and bright-eyed?

I downloaded a ROM-base for fire-red but I'm uncertain if I should utilize it for my first attempt at a hack, I think it will be too involved... It's the one from Leon and UltimaSoul.

Looking forward to meeting and learning from you guys,
    -Jordan

(PS: I cross-posted this from the general chit-chat in the ROM-Hacking section, but that particular thread seems ill-traveled)
    Welcome to PC! Glad to see you've joined the big armty of ROM hackers we have here ^^ You can probably scout out a lot of resources and help in old threads in the hacking sections. If you prefer to get more hands-on feedback and advice, I recommend visiting our Discord server where we have channels specifically dedicated to ROM hacking. https://discordapp.com/invite/pokecommunity

I hope you will enjoy the rest of the community as well! You and I are of the same generation of pokémon fans; my first was Yellow Version ^^

Nekodatta

Overanalyzing Pokemon for 20 years
    Years
  • Fellow Gen I trainer here! My first game was Red.
    There's plenty of discussion about rom hacking here so I'm sure you'll get to learn a lot.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey Jordan! 1990s babies represent, lmao. Welcome to the community! :)

Back