• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Breaking down the E3 Sun and Moon Demonstration

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    Meet-the-Directors-1038x576.jpg

We take an in-depth look at all the small details, including the changes to the battle system, and indications of movepool and stats of the Starters.

View the article

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I hope that with a new Director the series will get a new feel. Some felt that Gen III and beyond didn't have the same feeling as I or II in part due to the change of Director to Masuda.

Years
  • I'm sure some of that will come due to the aims to displace Yokai Watch domestically.

Though I'd say Black/White was the catalyst to a change in feel. Whatever the case, it's getting there.

I think the popularity of Yo-Kai Watch in Japan might have influenced the changes, in fact I even think Rotom Pokedex's role was inspired by Whisper from the Yo-Kai Watch anime and games.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I wish E3 to reveal something about those "Mega/Synargy Ring" on players hand.

I think the popularity of Yo-Kai Watch in Japan might have influenced the changes, in fact I even think Rotom Pokedex's role was inspired by Whisper from the Yo-Kai Watch anime and games.

Youkai Watch popularity comes mainly form the Anime.
    So , There is no point improvising the game if The Anime itself kills the franchise.
    I mean , Do you really expect that Ash allow to have Rotom-dex ? And Will his chemistry with Rotom-Pokedex be as good as Keita and Whisper? Ash isn't even allow to a Mega ring.
    Plus, Majority of people will lose interest in the anime after Ash loses the Kalos League.
    Honestly , Game-freak should bring Change in Anime.

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
  • Yeah, part of the reason Pokemon's anime should step up its game is precisely because Yo-Kai Watch is so popular. There's also Digimon, that's been catering to the older fans by literally aging the original protags up to college students and giving them theatrical movie releases. Digimon knows what's up. As long as Pokemon's anime stays stagnant, I think it'll kinda just continue to drop. I do like XY&Z, I think it's fairly good for what it is, but the anime really needs to try harder to compete.

I'm not worried about Sun and Moon's game sales, though. Pokemon is usually always the highest selling game when it first releases. Also Sun and Moon have far more effort put into them than the a few of the previous games, so hopefully it will catch even more attention.

I still can't get over how pretty this game looks. I hope the gameplay and story live up to it's graphics. <3

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Yeah, part of the reason Pokemon's anime should step up its game is precisely because Yo-Kai Watch is so popular. There's also Digimon, that's been catering to the older fans by literally aging the original protags up to college students and giving them theatrical movie releases. Digimon knows what's up. As long as Pokemon's anime stays stagnant, I think it'll kinda just continue to drop. I do like XY&Z, I think it's fairly good for what it is, but the anime really needs to try harder to compete.

I'm not worried about Sun and Moon's game sales, though. Pokemon is usually always the highest selling game when it first releases. Also Sun and Moon have far more effort put into them than the a few of the previous games, so hopefully it will catch even more attention.

I still can't get over how pretty this game looks. I hope the gameplay and story live up to it's graphics. <3

Even The Producer should know that they become too Repetitive and need to come up with a new quest instate of sending Ash on another Gym collecting quest .
    I mean , What would be people reaction if Ash lose to ether Shota or Alain and forced to go to kalos for recollect Gym-badge again for over 100 episode when Alain did it in just 7 episode.
    Plus , All Ash's journey will feel meaningless if Shota and Alain wins the league on their 1st try.
    However , Pokemon anime handled by a complete inconsiderate fools who's more focus on "Other Character" then Ash! They does everything good to Ash for other characters , in fact Ash probably got Ash-Greninja because writer wanted Shota to get a free keystone.
    At least , Youkai Watch isn't repetitive like Pokemon.Plus The Anime always kicks out the good part of the game to restrain Ash.
    Like how they created an Anime-exclusive Ash-Greninja to prevent Ash form ever getting a Keystone.
    I'm pretty sure that The Anime will kick out "Battle Royal" just like it ignored Triple Battling.

Honestly I'm hoping of Another Pokemon world Tournament in Alola!
    Considering Pokemon SM are created to celebrate pokemon 20th anniversary So it would be good to have another World Tournament where the Protagonist can also battle other Playable character form the Game.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Even The Producer should know that they become too Repetitive and need to come up with a new quest instate of sending Ash on another Gym collecting quest .
    I mean , What would be people reaction if Ash lose to ether Shota or Alain and forced to go to kalos for recollect Gym-badge again for over 100 episode when Alain did it in just 7 episode.
    Plus , All Ash's journey will feel meaningless if Shota and Alain wins the league on their 1st try.
    However , Pokemon anime handled by a complete inconsiderate fools who's more focus on "Other Character" then Ash! They does everything good to Ash for other characters , in fact Ash probably got Ash-Greninja because writer wanted Shota to get a free keystone.
    At least , Youkai Watch isn't repetitive like Pokemon.Plus The Anime always kicks out the good part of the game to restrain Ash.
    Like how they created an Anime-exclusive Ash-Greninja to prevent Ash form ever getting a Keystone.
    I'm pretty sure that The Anime will kick out "Battle Royal" just like it ignored Triple Battling.

Honestly I'm hoping of Another Pokemon world Tournament in Alola!
    Considering Pokemon SM are created to celebrate pokemon 20th anniversary So it would be good to have another World Tournament where the Protagonist can also battle other Playable character form the Game.

The Pokemon World Tournament was mentioned in OrAs, so that might be a hint that it'll be reappearing in Alola.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • thanks for covering this! But kinda surprised that Popplio isn't going to be as fast as I expected, since his description on the official website states:
    Popplio's swimming speed is known to exceed 25 mph. It's better at moving in the water than on land.
    Maybe it's just a hint that it's hidden ability is Swift Swim or something :P

blue

gucci
    Years
  • List of directors for mainseries games:
    Spoiler:

Personally I think the combination of Masuda and Ohmori will bring about a great product. Already the games are looking fresh and both of them have introduced some awesome features into past games. Ohmori helped with the Underground from DPPT and the concept behind the Pokewalker for HGSS. Masuda has pretty much overlooked/influenced all of the main generation games and had heavy influence on Platinum.

Years
  • thanks for covering this! But kinda surprised that Popplio isn't going to be as fast as I expected, since his description on the official website states:

Maybe it's just a hint that it's hidden ability is Swift Swim or something :P

I actually predicted Popplio was going to be the slow starter, since sea lions are not known to move fast on land. But if this thing doesn't get Swift Swim for its hidden ability I'll definitely call another case of "Pokedex entries that didn't translate to abilities or learned moves".

Given cat Pokemon tend to be fast, I'm expecting Litten will be the speedy starter while Rowlet will be in the middle.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I wish the video quality had been better. They said the music was great. But I couldn't hear the route music. I am thinking Grubbin is probably on Route 1. It looked like they were ready to reveal those 3 pokemon in case they appeared in the stream. If so, those are probably the only three new pokemon on that route.

Back