• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: To eShop or not to eShop…

User19sq

I'm going physical. With all my babies (KIRLIA, MY LITTLE GIRL~<3) and valuables in my digital copy of X, I've gone paranoid over the idea that my 3DS may go down in flames, err, rainfall, because I'm always exposed to constant threats. But I take good care of all my cartridges, so I'll go physical. -w-

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 29, 2016
I would go physical, that way you'll always have your copy of the game and save file regardless of what happens to your 3DS in the future.

blue

gucci
Years
The temptation to change to the AUS eShop region and just download on 18th is there, but I'll just wait until 23rd to get a physical copy. I prefer to have a physical collection of games rather than a digital library tbh.

User19sq

The temptation to change to the AUS eShop region and just download on 18th is there, but I'll just wait until 23rd to get a physical copy. I prefer to have a physical collection of games rather than a digital library tbh.

...Or do both, if you got da scratch. XD

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
I'm doing both digital and physical (yeah, I know, I'm basically buying four of the same game, I have... my reasons :> ) . Sucks that I have to wait until the 23rd. It's not even the fact that it comes out here five days later that bothers me, it's the fact that it doesn't come out on a Friday. I mean, I have work the next day... :(

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Just a comment on one of the "Cons" mentioned in the article for physical: If you buy digital, and lose your 3DS, even if Nintendo transfers your account to another 3DS for you, they are only transferring the account. You still have to re-download anything you had from the eShop again, and if you don't have the save data anymore, you have to start over again. Also, Nintendo does not allow you to backup save files for Pokemon games. So, if you buy a digital Pokemon game, and lose your 3DS, you likely lost your save data for that game.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I always go physical when I purchase games. I like adding the boxes to my shelves and having an actual copy of the game in my hands. So I will do the same with Sun and Moon!

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
I'm doing both digital and physical (yeah, I know, I'm basically buying four of the same game, I have... my reasons :> ) . Sucks that I have to wait until the 23rd. It's not even the fact that it comes out here five days later that bothers me, it's the fact that it doesn't come out on a Friday. I mean, I have work the next day... :(

So just change ur 3DS's location to autstralia. That way u can download the games on the 18th..

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jun 14, 2017
Definitely physical. Digital game sizes - these two games in particular - are getting obscenely large, and it is far more satisfying having a physical version. It's worth the additional five day wait.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
Years
Physical. That way my games are safe if my DS dies. I've had this happen twice before with my old 3DSXL and 2DS. Lost digital save files on both, plus I can no longer play my digital copy of OmegaRuby because it was downloaded and linked to my NNID for my 2DS and I don't have a second system anymore to link that ID to.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I'm going physical, because it's been years after getting a physical game or two. Besides, I've pre-ordered Sun and Moon weeks before digital versions are available for pre-load.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 20, 2018
I've always been physical, as that's how I was raised when it comes to handhelds. Also for, in the case that I want to, 3DS Powersaves.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
Years
So just change ur 3DS's location to autstralia. That way u can download the games on the 18th..

Its not that simple. You must factory reset your console, because you need a NNID and those are linked to the region it was set when you created that account and you can't just switch NNID. And I don't think a factory reset is a good idea just so you can get a game 5 days earlier.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Its not that simple. You must factory reset your console, because you need a NNID and those are linked to the region it was set when you created that account and you can't just switch NNID. And I don't think a factory reset is a good idea just so you can get a game 5 days earlier.

Well I switched my region to Australia right before ORAS came out and it was fine .. I dont remmeber it being so difficult hehe

Back