• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokémon Emerald - ROM Base (Free to Use)

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2022
    Well, recently my Hard Drive stopped working, and with it I lost all my files. My base rom, my rom I was creating, the rom hacking tools, sprites, icons, and various other personal search files I did, all were lost. To be honest, this has greatly demotivated me and I don't know if I will continue to update this post. I'm just warning you not to leave everyone expecting a new update of this post. I'll let everyone know anything new.

This is sad news to see sorry that you lost everything I hope one day you will return and finish this base and make it the ultimate binary emerald rom base

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2023
    Just curious our the new Pokemon and items already in the world or are do you have to place them using amap

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Would it be hard for me to remove the Gen 4+ pokemon from this? (I like it as a rombase but I wanna keep it 386)

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2022
    Hey guys, thank you for this patch Li Yun.

I'm having this bug where the game inconsistently won't show the summary page. It seems viewing the summary in the PC and then exiting will cause it to fix itself temporarily, but most of the time it looks completely blank. I'd post a link but I've not had 5 posts yet.

I thought it had to do with the Day and Night cycle but unpatching it didn't solve this issue. Any ideas?

Li Yun

"Does the truth exist or is it all a lie and the w
    Years
  • hi NSE isn't working, how can I change backsprites of trainers and intro?

There is a specific NSE for this base rom. In the main post you will find the download link, it is among the spoilers.
    Would it be hard for me to remove the Gen 4+ pokemon from this? (I like it as a rombase but I wanna keep it 386)

Just ignore all other Pokémon in the rom and use only the Pokémon of the first 3 generations.
    Another alternative is to alter the sprite of the Gen 4+ Pokémon, and the "sprite?". To do this you can repoint the offset of the sprite and palettes by PGE, or by HxD manually.
    I tried but what I want most( level cap) isn't working.

Level Cap does not work on rom hacks with Emerald's Binary Engine v1, unfortunately. I was working on it and had even gotten a positive result, but my Hard Drive ended up burning, which resulted in the loss of several of my files.
    Hey guys, thank you for this patch Li Yun.

I'm having this bug where the game inconsistently won't show the summary page. It seems viewing the summary in the PC and then exiting will cause it to fix itself temporarily, but most of the time it looks completely blank. I'd post a link but I've not had 5 posts yet.

I thought it had to do with the Day and Night cycle but unpatching it didn't solve this issue. Any ideas?

Well, which emulator are you using? I recommend emulate this rom hack with VBA or VBA-M. In other emulators, be it on the Windows, Android, PSP, 3DS platform, etc., you may come across visual bugs, and things like that.

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Level Cap does not work on rom hacks with Emerald's Binary Engine v1, unfortunately. I was working on it and had even gotten a positive result, but my Hard Drive ended up burning, which resulted in the loss of several of my files..

Really sorry to hear that,I almost lost my main hard drive with a lot of precious photos and stuff I used so I can understand the feeling,how about the dynamic level system?

Li Yun

"Does the truth exist or is it all a lie and the w
    Years
  • Really sorry to hear that,I almost lost my main hard drive with a lot of precious photos and stuff I used so I can understand the feeling,how about the dynamic level system?

Yes, the dynamic level works perfectly on the base rom. You can download Modexe Emerald and test.
    You can download Modexe Emerald from the link below my comment in my subscription.

On my Hard Drive, I could have minimized the damage suffered if I performed backup's daily. But I'm very lazy, and in the end I ended up i paid too high.
    It is the natural course of things: nothing is left to seed. One hour everything will arrive at its end of life.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2023
    To fix the door issue i had to add doors and the strength issue i had to modify the scripts and manual give it to my character with said scripts surf as well, it looks like some flags are broken

Years
    • He/his
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Amazing work! But I can't seem to use PGE, specifically the Pokemon Editor. I can open the Item, Moves and Ability editor but not the Pokemon one. I followed all instructions, downloaded a clean emerald rom, used XSE to expand to 32mb, patched using RomPatcher, and then copied the rom with the same name as the ini in the same folder, but PGE still doesn't work. Am I missing a step? Or is it my clean rom not woking? Any help will be appreciated!
    zxecR1Y

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Could you explain me how do I change attack effects? I mean if I change the secondary eff on PGE when I choose deals non volátile status condition option, how do I choose if it will burn, or poisons or freeze ?

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2023
    Thank you for creating this for us to use! I'm just starting to learn how to hack pokemon games, but I've had a lot of fun just seeing what all is included in this base in PGE!

I have a friend circle that really enjoys playing randomizers, and this looks like it could be fun to randomize. What would be the best way to go about doing that with this base? If nothing else, can you point me to where I'd need to go to figure out how to do that?

Back