• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokémon Emerald - ROM Base (Free to Use)

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2022
    Hey dude I'm pretty new to rom hacking but I decided to use your base for my first big project and it's been a huge help, I have a question though. Is there a way to insert different Pokémon after hoenn as starters? The base isn't compatible with advance starters and I'm not very well versed in this kind of stuff.

The only way to change starters for this base is through PGE aka Pokémon game editor have a wonderful rom hack journey :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    The only way to change starters for this base is through PGE aka Pokémon game editor have a wonderful rom hack journey :)

Oh my gosh I feel so dumb. I downloaded all the programs and must have just looked over that option in PGE. You're the best!

Li Yun

"Does the truth exist or is it all a lie and the w
    Years
  • Fix: For those who want to eliminate the error when trying to open the
    base rom in the tile/port editor program, follow these steps:

Go to offset A0ABD, and paste that: 68 00 69 00 28 04 D0
    Go to offset A0AF9, and paste that: 68 40 69 00 28 04 D0
    This will fix the problem of the base rom not being opened correctly in the tiles/port editor.

This fix will be present in the next update, but i now make it available.

Li Yun

Years
  • How do I add the new items into the poke marts?

Code:
    #freespace 0xFF
    #dynamic 0x[B]OFFSET[/B]

#org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    preparemsg @hi
    waitmsg
    pokemart @values
    msgbox @come 0x6
    release
    end

#org @values
    #raw word 0xITEM ID
    #raw word 0x0

#org @hi
    = [blue_em]Hello! Welcome.

#org @come
    = {red_em}See ya!

Note: To add a new item, repeat the code and paste below the item code above.
    Code:
    #raw word 0xITEM ID

Example:
    Code:
    #raw word 0xITEM ID
    #raw word 0xITEM ID
    #raw word 0xITEM ID
    #raw word 0xITEM ID
    #raw word 0x0
    etc.

At the end of the list of items you should always keep:
    Code:
    #raw word 0x0
    If not your mart will not work properly.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Also does the doors for petalburg gym not work for anyone else? I'm kinda stuck in the room with Norman when testing it.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Also instead of flash I got dive and strength is replaced with "New Item" which does nothing. Wally's dad does not show up when you beat Norman and Norman doesn't give you surf.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2022
    Creator I've have a question is there a faster way to import all the crys at once because it told me over a month to complete and what to know if that's even possible for when I start my next hack?

Li Yun

Years
  • where can I find all the itemIDs?

On PGE/G3T. Just open the rom on PGE/G3T, go to the item editor and there you will find the ID of each item.
    Also does the doors for petalburg gym not work for anyone else? I'm kinda stuck in the room with Norman when testing it.

Which doors don't work exactly? Or are all the doors that are in trouble?
    Also instead of flash I got dive and strength is replaced with "New Item" which does nothing. Wally's dad does not show up when you beat Norman and Norman doesn't give you surf.
    This is something that should be changed by the rom hack that is going to use this base rom to create your rom hack. It's not complicated to change, just open the NPC script and change the Item ID.
    Creator I've have a question is there a faster way to import all the crys at once because it told me over a month to complete and what to know if that's even possible for when I start my next hack?
    PGE version 3.8.1 provides an option where it allows you to import multiple cries at once, without the need to import one by one.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Pokémon Emerald - ROM Base (Free to Use)

The doors that should be at the bottom are gone and I can't leave.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I also noticed something else, here is a normal vanilla rom

and here is one with the rom base

it also doesn't do the open animation when I go through.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2022
    Hello i wanted to use this for my future rom hack so i downloaded it so i can patch it into my rom but i when i try to patch it gives me a checksum error im confused is it my rom if so what can i do make it compatible with the ups patch

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2022
    Hello i wanted to use this for my future rom hack so i downloaded it so i can patch it into my rom but i when i try to patch it gives me a checksum error im confused is it my rom if so what can i do make it compatible with the ups patch

Have you expanded the rom to 32mb?

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I have not been able to modify type effectiveness table, I cant find where it is located , could you explain me how to change that table on this base ?

Li Yun

Years
  • Well, recently my Hard Drive stopped working, and with it I lost all my files. My base rom, my rom I was creating, the rom hacking tools, sprites, icons, and various other personal search files I did, all were lost. To be honest, this has greatly demotivated me and I don't know if I will continue to update this post. I'm just warning you not to leave everyone expecting a new update of this post. I'll let everyone know anything new.

Back