• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokémon Emerald - ROM Base (Free to Use)

Li Yun

"Does the truth exist or is it all a lie and the w
Years
Additions:

Pokémon Expansion: - Source
Spoiler:

Item Expansion: - Source
Spoiler:

Battle Engine Upgrade - Source
Spoiler:

Dizzy's Hacked Engine - Source
Spoiler:

Pokemon Overworld Form(e) change - Source
Spoiler:

EV-IV Display - Source - Credits to jiangzhengwenjz
Spoiler:

Additional Modifications:
Spoiler:

Observations:
Spoiler:

Programs Compatible with this Base:
Spoiler:

Credits:
Spoiler:

NOTE: The file .ini that makes the base rom compatible with PGE, is in the file attached in this post, and the ini is called test.ini. The rom and this .ini must have the same name and must be in the same folder.

Changelog:
Spoiler:

Download
Download an original, unedited Emerald rom, then open it on XSE and expand it to 32mb. You can then apply the .ups patch that is inside the attached file in the post.
Use this site to apply the patch on your rom, it is very easy and fast:
RomPatcher
In the .zip file is also included some text files with additional information, and some technical information.
Download the Patch in the attached file..

Attachments

• Rom Base v2.3 - 04-14-2022.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 1,466
  • Rom Base v2.4 - 05-16-2022.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 4,278
Last edited:

BlizzWhite

Stardust Hurricane.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Hey, this is a really promising ROM base. It may be the most updated one. I have a couple of questions.
- Is there any compatibility for Overworld Sprite editing tools?
- Despite showing no evolution table, it is possible to edit Eevee's evolution methods? I don't see any evolution methods listed for Eevee.

Li Yun

Years
Hey, this is a really promising ROM base. It may be the most updated one. I have a couple of questions.
- Is there any compatibility for Overworld Sprite editing tools?
- Despite showing no evolution table, it is possible to edit Eevee's evolution methods? I don't see any evolution methods listed for Eevee.

1 - I don't think I've changed anything about it. You can test and send feedback.
2 - The Eevee evolution table is not shown in PGE because it was configured using a different method, but you can edit your evolution table
through HxD. Your evolution table is at offset 15353D8. It works like this:
{07 00}¹ {61 00}² {86 00}³ {00 00}*
¹: Evolution Method
²: Item Index
³: Pokémon Index
*: Byte Filler

That's 8 bytes for each Pokémon in your evolution table.
In Extra File.rar, you will find file 02 - Hacked Engine - Offsets.ini.
Open it on Notepad++ and look for eevee_table, that's where the offset of the evolution table of eevee is.

BlizzWhite

Stardust Hurricane.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
That means that Eevee evolution methods by default should be the same as Gen VIII, right? Also thanks, I'll try tomorrow to test the overworld tools. That not being changed I guess means that it is not compatible with expanded palettes right now.

Li Yun

Years
That means that Eevee evolution methods by default should be the same as Gen VIII, right? Also thanks, I'll try tomorrow to test the overworld tools. That not being changed I guess means that it is not compatible with expanded palettes right now.

Eevee Evolution Table:
Eevee evolve into Vaporeon with Water Stone.
Eevee evolve into Jolteon with Thunder Stone.
Eevee evolve into Flareon with Fire Stone.
Eevee evolve into Leafeon with Leaf Stone.
Eevee evolve into Glaceon with Ice Stone.
Eevee evolve into Espeon with Dawn Stone.
Eevee evolve into Umbreon with Dusk Stone.
Eevee evolve into Sylveon by learning any Fairy-type move.

Outwitter

You reap what you plant...
Years
This is amazing work and a much-needed one as well..!!
Good luck with the project.
P.S. I am liking the name "Liberate." : )

BlizzWhite

Stardust Hurricane.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
By the way, the link for the A-Map is broken. Though I guess any regular expanded A-Map works.

Li Yun

Years
This is amazing work and a much-needed one as well..!!
Good luck with the project.
P.S. I am liking the name "Liberate." : )

"Liberate" is the name of a rebel group from some television series I watched, Just can not remember the name of the series. In the end, the name matched well with the base, which is free for everyone's use.

By the way, the link for the A-Map is broken. Though I guess any regular expanded A-Map works.

Fixed, thanks for the report. And yes, any expanded A-Map is compatible with this base.

Li Yun

Years
HIiiii, when i try to see the pokemon's stats... the game will be reset :C

Which emulator are you using? I recommend using VBA or VBA-M, they were the ones I tested and that perfectly emulate the base rom.

Li Yun

Years
Is it possible to expand to Gen 8 in this base?

Yes, it is possible but do not recommend because it would take a lot of work to edit, besides that some things would not work perfectly.
But if you compile the Pokémon expansion into an original rom, you can enter as many generations as you want. Here in the forum there
is a tutorial teaching how to configure devkitpro, with its assistance you can expand Pokémon, items, etc.
If you want something more complete, just visit this area:
Decomp & Disassembly Tutorials & Resources

Years
Which emulator are you using? I recommend using VBA or VBA-M, they were the ones I tested and that perfectly emulate the base rom.

Test VBA version 1.80 and see if it works. Older versions of the emulator do not correctly emulate the edits made in the rom, causing crashes, bugs, etc.

YES!!!! It worked, thanks thanks.... but the pokemon's cry doesn´t work, but i can insert again it

this base is totally free for use??? credits needed??? Is very ideal for my hackrom... :D

Years
Ohhhh and i had 3 extra questions:

1- I need a special Advanced Map for edit it...??? i try to use the normal version, but in the wild pokemon, doesn't appear the new pokemon list

2- In the PGE i watched a lot of "Filler" in the pokedex... can i use it for add 8th gen pokemon? D:

3- How i can add pokemon's cries? In the PGE the import button is disambled :c

PD: Sorry for my bad english, my native language is Spanish

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023

1- I need a special Advanced Map for edit it...??? i try to use the normal version, but in the wild pokemon, doesn't appear the new pokemon list

2- In the PGE i watched a lot of "Filler" in the pokedex... can i use it for add 8th gen pokemon? D:

For a-map, you can hex edit the exe, or use the a-map under "program's compatible"
You can edit fillers anyway u want
PGE cry importing was always disabled, because there was a bug and gamer2020 couldn't fix it. You can edit the ini of esperance's cry editor and use that

Years
For a-map, you can hex edit the exe, or use the a-map under "program's compatible"
You can edit fillers anyway u want
PGE cry importing was always disabled, because there was a bug and gamer2020 couldn't fix it. You can edit the ini of esperance's cry editor and use that

Nice!!!!

I tried to import sprites, but the PGE crashes :c

Li Yun

Years
YES!!!! It worked, thanks thanks.... but the pokemon's cry doesn´t work, but i can insert again it

this base is totally free for use??? credits needed??? Is very ideal for my hackrom... :D

Within Extra Files, there is a text file with some observations, and one of these observations cites the absence of crys, and why.
Yes, it's totally Free to Use, just give credits to me, creator of the base, and the users who created the mods I used on the base.

About A-Map, read the spoiler "Programs Compatible with this Base".
Yes, you'll be able to insert new 8th generation Pokémon and their Sprites, crys, stats, evolutions, etc.
Yes, you can insert new Crys. Read the spoiler "Programs Compatible with this Base".
Relax, I understand. I am Brazilian and I am not fluent in English, I use Google Translate to be able to talk to people from another country, just like you.

Nice!!!!

I tried to import sprites, but the PGE crashes :c

What sprite? Did you patch an original Emerald USA rom without modification?

Years
Within Extra Files, there is a text file with some observations, and one of these observations cites the absence of crys, and why.
Yes, it's totally Free to Use, just give credits to me, creator of the base, and the users who created the mods I used on the base.

About A-Map, read the spoiler "Programs Compatible with this Base".
Yes, you'll be able to insert new 8th generation Pokémon and their Sprites, crys, stats, evolutions, etc.
Yes, you can insert new Crys. Read the spoiler "Programs Compatible with this Base".
Relax, I understand. I am Brazilian and I am not fluent in English, I use Google Translate to be able to talk to people from another country, just like you.

What sprite? Did you patch an original Emerald USA rom without modification?

Nope, I had tried to insert sprite to Primarina (because I made its second frame), but then I read that they still haven't discovered how to implement the animation to the new pokemon: c

Back