• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
How exactly can I play this on hardware? Note that I'm using a New 3DS Xl which doesn't have an SD card
Isn't the N3DS supposed to come with a micro SD card? You'll need to get one if it didn't, as the 3DS consoles don't have anywhere else to put the hack's files. You'll also need to install custom firmware on it to play the hack, which you can do by following this guide.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 1, 2021
Hey, is the wild list on the drive up to date? I'm on route 1 and I've found buneary, zigzagoon, and scatterbug on the same patch, even though they're all on different ones in the doc. Maybe I messed up during patching?. Just wondering as I wanted to try nuzlocking the game lol

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hey, is the wild list on the drive up to date? I'm on route 1 and I've found buneary, zigzagoon, and scatterbug on the same patch, even though they're all on different ones in the doc. Maybe I messed up during patching?. Just wondering as I wanted to try nuzlocking the game lol

I thought it was up to date, but apparently not. There's an extra set of encounter data for Route 1 which matches what you're seeing, but it seemed unused so I didn't document it or finish editing it. If you don't mind could tell me which version you're playing (Sun or Moon) and how far through the game you are? It'd be interesting to see what makes those Pokemon appear.

The rest of the document should hopefully be accurate outside of any typos.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 1, 2021
I thought it was up to date, but apparently not. There's an extra set of encounter data for Route 1 which matches what you're seeing, but it seemed unused so I didn't document it or finish editing it. If you don't mind could tell me which version you're playing (Sun or Moon) and how far through the game you are? It'd be interesting to see what makes those Pokemon appear.

The rest of the document should hopefully be accurate outside of any typos.

I'm playing Moon and its literally on the first patch of grass, where you choose your starter. I was just playing along with the wild list and I got surprised with the encounters lmao, haven't really checked if the other patches match with what the list says tho.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I'm playing Moon and its literally on the first patch of grass, where you choose your starter. I was just playing along with the wild list and I got surprised with the encounters lmao, haven't really checked if the other patches match with what the list says tho.

That's interesting, my post-game save matches the documents. It's possible those encounters change later on (probably after you get poke balls); Game Freak does that sort of thing all the time for no apparent reason. Chances are there's nothing wrong with your patch at least.
Thanks for letting me know about this anyway, I'll check it out properly when I can be bothered starting a new save.

Also, good luck with your Nuzlocke!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 1, 2021
That's interesting, my post-game save matches the documents. It's possible those encounters change later on (probably after you get poke balls); Game Freak does that sort of thing all the time for no apparent reason. Chances are there's nothing wrong with your patch at least.
Thanks for letting me know about this anyway, I'll check it out properly when I can be bothered starting a new save.

Also, good luck with your Nuzlocke!

That's crazy haha anyway sorry for bothering you so much and thanks for the quick responses bro!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 4, 2018
Have just registered to leave initial feedback. I've installed Prismatic Moon 1.10 from GDrive and it works almost fine. Litten has his Hidden Ability (Intimidate) set. First trainer encountered had two pokemons (I remember 1 in normal) + wild encounters seems changed too (first thing I've encountered in 2nd bush type in Route 1 was Pidgey). But intro text isn't working as intended, zero changes to it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Have just registered to leave initial feedback. I've installed Prismatic Moon 1.10 from GDrive and it works almost fine. Litten has his Hidden Ability (Intimidate) set. First trainer encountered had two pokemons (I remember 1 in normal) + wild encounters seems changed too (first thing I've encountered in 2nd bush type in Route 1 was Pidgey). But intro text isn't working as intended, zero changes to it.

I was aware of that issue but hadn't got around to fixing it yet; thanks for letting me know anyway! I've just edited and re-uploaded the game text files for all versions, so hopefully that will get the text changes working this time.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 14, 2023
hi! I tried this hack and so far I've been enjoying in on Citra, however the shop changes don't seem to be visible after the update. Has there been any changes that fixes this?

edit: I tried to edit the .CIA file but it didn't work. I don't really know what to do tbh.

edit 2: Extracting the .CIA file and then deleting the Shop.cro file then rebuilding it made it work. However, I still don't know how to fix the TMs.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 4, 2018
Buffel Saft are there any changes to Battle Tree? Haven't found anything about that in docs\description

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
hi! I tried this hack and so far I've been enjoying in on Citra, however the shop changes don't seem to be visible after the update. Has there been any changes that fixes this?

edit: I tried to edit the .CIA file but it didn't work. I don't really know what to do tbh.

edit 2: Extracting the .CIA file and then deleting the Shop.cro file then rebuilding it made it work. However, I still don't know how to fix the TMs.
Take a look at page 2 of this thread, there's a conversation there that should explain how to get the update working with citra; basically you'll need to extract the update and replace any files in it that are also part of the hack. IIRC it's just the shop.cro, code.bin and a/0/3/2 (game text). Let me know if you need more information.

Buffel Saft are there any changes to Battle Tree? Haven't found anything about that in docs\description
Not yet, but I'm planning on tweaking the ban list so that mythical Pokemon can be used in it. The only reason I haven't done it already is that it's a fairly tedious process unless I also allow the cover legendaries to be used, which might be a bit unbalanced (could be fun though).

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 14, 2023
Did you also change the Item pick ups? because I'm kinda wondering since I'm on the second island and nothing has changed in terms of item pick ups

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Did you also change the Item pick ups? because I'm kinda wondering since I'm on the second island and nothing has changed in terms of item pick ups
No, the pick up table is unchanged.
i am stumped on what to do with the "a/0/3/2 (game text)" part.
Oh, that's a file path for the romfs section of the game. ""a/0/3/2" refers to file "2" in folder "3" in folder "0" in folder "a", which can be found in the ExtractedRomFS folder after unpacking the .cia file. Much like the other files, it just needs to be copied from the hack's files to the update's files.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 14, 2023
[/QUOTE]Oh, that's a file path for the romfs section of the game. ""a/0/3/2" refers to file "2" in folder "3" in folder "0" in folder "a", which can be found in the ExtractedRomFS folder after unpacking the .cia file. Much like the other files, it just needs to be copied from the hack's files to the update's files.[/QUOTE]

it just makes my game crash tbh. right now, I've made my peace with the fact that I will not be able to use Curse and Aura Sphere in my playthrough. But i enjoyed the subtlety of SOS battles instead of spoonfeeding the player to all the hidden abilities. It's fun chaining to get a Protean Frogadier lol thanks :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
Just wondering, where can I find a Klink, Klang, or Klinklang? I've searched through the documentation but it doesn't look like there are any areas with them.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
it just makes my game crash tbh. right now, I've made my peace with the fact that I will not be able to use Curse and Aura Sphere in my playthrough. But i enjoyed the subtlety of SOS battles instead of spoonfeeding the player to all the hidden abilities. It's fun chaining to get a Protean Frogadier lol thanks :)
Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, I still haven't tried running the hack on citra so I don't know how to fix that. Leaving SOS battles as the way to get most hidden abilities seemed like the best choice, it meant less work for me and less confusion over which ability was which for the players. Glad you like it that way too!

Just wondering, where can I find a Klink, Klang, or Klinklang? I've searched through the documentation but it doesn't look like there are any areas with them.
They're in the northwestern patches of grass in Hau'oli city. I'd suggest using the text search function (ctrl + f) if you weren't doing so already (something's not right if you were using it and it didn't find Klink), it's much easier than skim reading the entire document.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 1, 2021

I couldn't get the shop to work either, I had issues with the extraction of the update patch, but what I've been doing is using a save editor to change abilities and get some new shop items like stones or tms. It's really much easier this way.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
They're in the northwestern patches of grass in Hau'oli city. I'd suggest using the text search function (ctrl + f) if you weren't doing so already (something's not right if you were using it and it didn't find Klink), it's much easier than skim reading the entire document.

Turns out it was actually a problem with my search function. Thanks!

Back