• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

This doesn't seem right

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
Years
  • I think 110% Snorlax should be in a higher tier. It's got super good coverage (Like Seed Bomb, Superpower, and Gunk Shot), and a good set of abilities that tend to how you want to run a Snorlax, such as Thick Fat for a defensive set, or Gluttony for a berry moveset (which can also apply to either a tank, or sweeper Snorlax. [Gluttony Aguav Berry Belly Drum Body Slam/Return as an example]). It also has really good stats, besides it's speed and special attack. I don't see why Snorlax so low on tier lists today despite all these great things Snorlax has as a competitive Pokemon.

Years
  • I think 110% Snorlax should be in a higher tier. It's got super good coverage (Like Seed Bomb, Superpower, and Gunk Shot), and a good set of abilities that tend to how you want to run a Snorlax, such as Thick Fat for a defensive set, or Gluttony for a berry moveset (which can also apply to either a tank, or sweeper Snorlax. [Gluttony Aguav Berry Belly Drum Body Slam/Return as an example]). It also has really good stats, besides it's speed and special attack. I don't see why Snorlax so low on tier lists today despite all these great things Snorlax has as a competitive Pokemon.

Snorlax is held back though by an inability to hit anything super-effectively with its STABs, poor Speed and mediocre physical bulk. Granted that it's in RU with a niche in UU also, I think it's pretty fair where it is. It seems like a good RU mon and it does see some use in UU, but if you move it up to UU it will see a dramatic drop in usage and it's going nowhere fast if you tried to use it in OU.

Years
  • I'm personally surprised Electavire is in the bellow PU tier. It has a great Physical attack stat, decent coverage (Elemental punches, Cross Chop, Earthquake, etc.), the ability to pivot with Volt Switch, and a decent speed stat. I don't play PU that much, but I don't think that Pokemon like Mudsdale and Togetemaru are that Electavire couldn't meet the requirements to get out of the sub-PU pit.

Years
  • Electivire is lack luster because PU has mons that do its job better and completely wall it.
    Pu has Electross which has levitate on top of bulk and movepool to take advantage of it. Pu also has Raichu-A and Manectric which are all better than Electivire. Manectric gets intimidate which serves to lower the offenses of another mon on a potential double and raichu gets surge surfer which I will agree is lackluster compared to motor drive but it also gets access to a second typing and Nasty plot which is a huge advantage over Electivire. On top of this Mudsdale exists which Electross comes in and survives, Electivire comes in and does not. Lanturn, Gastrodon, and quagsire unconditionally wall any of electivire's sets unless you run HP grass which is not great on its own and is a worse option compared to other things it could run.

Years
  • So, here's an interesting thought. Lately I have been wondering if perhaps Genesect's time in Ubers might be done. It feels odd saying as much given its good stats and insane movepool but there's a lot of things in OU that can check it and kill it. It has less offensive power than a lot of premier OU threats, it's Speed tier is decent but not as standout as it once was and it's bulk is decent but far from impressive and it lacks recovery. It also has a lacklustre ability. You can't even really argue BST as a reason to keep it in Uber since several OU or lower mon (if megas count) have higher or equal BST. Naturally, these reasons also all contribute to it being terrible in Ubers.

I'm not totally certain on this one, but I'd be curious about trialling Genesect in OU, if not this meta, when SwSh comes around.

Edit: Think I'm leaning that it'd be just slightly too good for OU but still curious tbh.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    tbh there's a number of 'mons in Ubers that have not aged well and could probably stand to drop to OU, though I wouldn't expect to see it happen anytime soon

Years
  • So, here's an interesting thought. Lately I have been wondering if perhaps Genesect's time in Ubers might be done. It feels odd saying as much given its good stats and insane movepool but there's a lot of things in OU that can check it and kill it. It has less offensive power than a lot of premier OU threats, it's Speed tier is decent but not as standout as it once was and it's bulk is decent but far from impressive and it lacks recovery. It also has a lacklustre ability. You can't even really argue BST as a reason to keep it in Uber since several OU or lower mon (if megas count) have higher or equal BST. Naturally, these reasons also all contribute to it being terrible in Ubers.

I'm not totally certain on this one, but I'd be curious about trialling Genesect in OU, if not this meta, when SwSh comes around.

Edit: Think I'm leaning that it'd be just slightly too good for OU but still curious tbh.

The problem with genesect is that it gets perfect coverage and the perfect typing to use it. First off, It has download which means it immediately gets +1 in an offensive stat ( preferably special attack ). compound that with 120s in both offensive stats and a 99 in speed and the mon is going to hit anything that fails to resist it pretty hard. On top of this it get access to: An electric move in the form of thunderbolt to kill pex and stuff, Ice beam to kill dragons and landorus, Flamethrower to kill off other steel types, and a base 120 water move in the form of techno blast ( douse drive ). As far as I am aware nothing switches into this except for niche things like lanturn and gastro. Next this thing gets the coveted bug/steel typing meaning it is only hit 2x by fire which all of those die to water techno blast anyway so non-scarfed fire types are not an issue . compound this with 71/95/95 in defenses, It is likely going to tank quite a bit before going down if at all.

Back