• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proposal: Let's do something fun with all these Megas

Years
  • I was thinking now that we have quite a few Make-a-Megas done and another soon to be completed, it might be fun to use them in a sort of team building style thing. Essentially we can do a follow up article to each of the current Megas in which the BTB community can create theoretical teams around our made up Megas and then they can be featured in an article.

Thoughts?

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I was thinking now that we have quite a few Make-a-Megas done and another soon to be completed, it might be fun to use them in a sort of team building style thing. Essentially we can do a follow up article to each of the current Megas in which the BTB community can create theoretical teams around our made up Megas and then they can be featured in an article.

Thoughts?

I think this is a good idea.

Kind of (un)related:
    To take it even further, I think we can code them into our server just like Smogon did with CAP. We'll need sprites probably, but it shouldn't/wouldn't be too hard to actually code them in. Then we can probably have our own mode (like MaM OU or something), but we'll probably need to ban/balance stuff accordingly. Actually, I don't know how realistic this idea is with Sun/Moon coming out soon, but I'll just throw this idea out here.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I think this is a good idea.

Kind of (un)related:
    To take it even further, I think we can code them into our server just like Smogon did with CAP. We'll need sprites probably, but it shouldn't/wouldn't be too hard to actually code them in. Then we can probably have our own mode (like MaM OU or something), but we'll probably need to ban/balance stuff accordingly. Actually, I don't know how realistic this idea is with Sun/Moon coming out soon, but I'll just throw this idea out here.

I believe that this has definitely been thought of. However, as I understand it, PC would need its own client because coding in new Pokemon would involve them being coded into the main PS server, which I'm not sure is something that's going to happen. Wolf can comment but I've definitely seen this planned... somewhere haha.

Also I didnt want to comment because I don't think I could contribute to an article like this too much, buut I would really like to see this.

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I believe that this has definitely been thought of. However, as I understand it, PC would need its own client because coding in new Pokemon would involve them being coded into the main PS server, which I'm not sure is something that's going to happen. Wolf can comment but I've definitely seen this planned... somewhere haha.

Also I didnt want to comment because I don't think I could contribute to an article like this too much, buut I would really like to see this.
    Oh alright, I was not aware of this because I thought that our server was kind of separate (I guess it makes sense because we have to push same changes as Showdown).

Thanks.

Back