• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon: Johto, A whole new experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreadWaffle

LOVE AND PEACE!
Years
  • call this whatever you like

Pokemon Johto
    Hack of: Pokemon Emerald

Tools used/Credits
    Spoiler:

Screenshots
    Spoiler:

Features
    Spoiler:

Story
    Spoiler:

MISC
    Spoiler:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    beta tester right here

Nice ... :/ but the screenies r a bit small ... and ... could i be a beta tester if you need it ... :P

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Normally I'd say "Another Johto remake? Oh isn't this useless?" but look at screenshots stopped me from saying it.
    The thing that you used G/S/C tiles is brilliant.
    I can say... this will be one of the best Johto hacks.

DreadWaffle

LOVE AND PEACE!
    Years
  • Normally I'd say "Another Johto remake? Oh isn't this useless?" but look at screenshots stopped me from saying it.
    The thing that you used G/S/C tiles is brilliant.
    I can say... this will be one of the best Johto hacks.
    ty for not calling it a remake

I like the use of G/S/C tiles with Ruby in it. Is it just me or do the screen shots seem really dim?

its emerald, and i used the d/n tool by ZDG, and the clock event did not happen yet

edit: beta feb. 10th (hopefully)
    length 2 gyms
    time 1-3 hours

DreadWaffle

LOVE AND PEACE!
    Years
  • I believe that johto is not a realm of remakes but more a perfect medium for stories and basis, the entire layout is almost perfect if made correctly, there will not be Kanto in this, but snipets of some regions in the game with maps put out in the T.I.D. system built buy Bill and Celio, the device is supposed to put you in a virtual reality system. I will have flags for when you enter a pokemon center/ important building in areas without the world map, this is activated by having Bill call you and say "I heard that the T.I.D. is down can you fix it?" you will need to have a voltorb, ONLY VOLTORB will restart the T.I.D which the main center is located in Tohjo City (which i think would be essentially the epicenter of the pokemon world in my idea).
    I have come to a difficult area, this is not a major problem but i can't get around this.
    Scripting...

I do need help at this, and i know that this game only has medium level of scripting do to the fact that most of this game is based on a storyline that i hope captivates the player over super duper special awesome feats like Pure Gold so in no way do i need those things, but they are awesome to say the least.

I think that all remakes can do a better job than Hg/Ss but they have to have there own way, i know that since that is being released in North America soon that it will have an effect on if people want to play this much johto or not. That is why i am not making this a remake.

I do have to restart over on my rom do to a few crucial errors that i have with the entire scripting things, but i barely had a few things done enough to have a beta out, mostly i cannot script for crap.

on with the storyline now
    So do to the whole Soul thing still try to guess who the main character is, not gold or silver, or soul, but Crystal. Crystal is the one character in pokemon i think that gets absolutely not credit at all, and the fact that you can play as here will make me try to have at least 25% of the game differ from if you choose male or female characters. So there is a point in replaying it for a different ending.

The main characters are really going to be these people
    Gold
    Silver
    Crystal
    Soul
    Ruby
    and Green (i will never call him blue!(but maybe gary))
    i have some more resources that are from Kimba616 on deviantart

Like on colosseum, it will have a pre-gym with Norman which is where you meet ruby

so not making falkner suck has been a goal of mine, he will be around 20's in his pokemons levels

so if anything from this I NEED A SCRIPTER thats it for now, might not have asm

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2017
    good luck and i have few notes
    1. dont forget that in G/S/C games there is pokemon that appear in night only, morning only and day only and it will take some time to get this in emerald
    2. in G/S/C you can go to kanto so will kanto be in the game ???
    3. what about the GS ball will you remark it ??
    4. will you remark the legendary dogs ??
    5. can i be a beta tester ?

Last edited:

DreadWaffle

LOVE AND PEACE!
    Years
  • good luck and i have few notes
    1. dont forget that in G/S/C games there is pokemon that appear in night only, morning only and day only and it will take some time to get this in emerald
    2. in G/S/C you can go to kanto so will kanto be in the game ???
    3. what about the GS ball will you remark it ??
    4. will you remark the legendary dogs ??
    5. can i be a beta tester ?

1 ehh maybe, it shouldn't be too big of a deal, but rtc ftw
    2 for the most part no, i think going to kanto would take away from johto too much
    3 yes, but i have an elaborate scheme in which you obtain that little awesome pokeball
    4 yes, pack your bags you are going to orre!
    5 NO, i don't even have a beta, and will only ask for one when i need one

MISC ows
    CrystalSprites.jpg

the game goes out with gold and crystal essentially working together, so i will have a version where you have most battles double battles, but anyway i really have only been able to access pc on my computer since 3 days ago, my progress has been slowed because of this.

anyway, i think that with me still needing a scripter progress towards a beta will be slow, i can handle almost all of the aspects of this hack, but the most important one i can't. I may go out and ask people but that doesn't seem right, i can maybe show an exploration video, but i still have to rearange from me dumping my current progress due to how bad i messed up the rom

Years
  • The images look good. I can't wait to play the beta. The tiles you used in your hack are too old. I think you should use new tiles from Heart Gold and Soul Silver. They are very cool and good looking. New tiles will make your game interesting for the player.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2023
    The images look good. I can't wait to play the beta. The tiles you used in your hack are too old. I think you should use new tiles from Heart Gold and Soul Silver. They are very cool and good looking. New tiles will make your game interesting for the player.

This can go the exact opposite direction as well. Using old tiles makes this hack stand out. With HeartGold and SoulSilver coming out in less than a month, their is almost no way he could measure up. It would be your average remake with minor changes. So I believe the old tiles are what will make his game interesting for the player.

DreadWaffle

LOVE AND PEACE!
    Years
  • BUMPDATE
    Oh no a new challenger, but who could it be, non other than
    Morty!
    picture.php

as you can see, i used the original colors but, the new sprite like this
    picture.php
    !1!GAEM sPiRiTs!1!
    he will be reocurring multiple times (mostly because i don't think that the komono girls should have more than 3 appearances)

and also
    Falkner! (who is like level 20 pocket monsters)
    picture.php

picture.php
    omg its a game sprite again

Luster

Form changing script (HINT)
    Years
  • I like the revamps but with hg/ss coming out, this is a bit of a dead end. i also dont likethe original gold/silver tiles and revamping them makes things a bit boring. the time events seem cool though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2012
    I'm sorry I'm new to this site I'm trying to customize my emerald. How did you, or what program did you use to change the pokemon to johto??

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2014
    "Pokémon Johto - A whole new experience"
    I wonder if you took this from 'Its a whole new world with a whole new attitude"...

That being said, nice work with the GBC tiles but, I must say, could you make those screenies bigger?

Years
  • I'm sorry I'm new to this site I'm trying to customize my emerald. How did you, or what program did you use to change the pokemon to johto??

Please read the various sticky threads we have in Emulation- it is against the rules to revive a thread that has not been posted in for more than a month- it's just shy of two years since this thread was last posted in!

DreadWaffle, in the unlikely even that you'd like to have this thread reopened (or even see this post, lol), feel free to contact either colcolstyles or myself, and we'll reopen it for you. :)
    Lock-icon.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back