• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gilded Halls ★ OOC+SU

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    The lesson has now been posted - you should notice a bell sounding, in your school information (from the gift bag) it should be clear that it means a lesson is starting.

Wander to the corridor, it's the classroom with the open door and now beautifully decorated XD.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Whoo, first lesson :D

So, it's up to the lot of us to decide whether our character can actually even do anything with their chosen element, yeah?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Whoo, first lesson :D

So, it's up to the lot of us to decide whether our character can actually even do anything with their chosen element, yeah?

Yep! Totally up to you if they can manage it. They could be able to do nothing, they might be able to make the tiniest thing happen (maybe the leaf would shake) or something slightly more impressive.

For those who can already control one of these elements (due to your ability), you can control one more.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    There are now 6 new spots available. Applications are the same as last time, however the room choices are now room 5, 10, 11 or 12 only.

One of these is reserved by Cosmic Fury while I re-review their application

And that will bring us up to a big, round twenty. Those who have their application approved during this intake will be able to join the IC after the current lesson.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Will have another joint post with Mac finished sometime today (yay for nothing to do till 4:30!) I should make it by the lesson, Selena needs to rush to her room to get her bag (she left with nothing iirc), especially her gallon of water. She hasn't drank water ever since she left the room...and that's gonna take a toll. lol

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    We're gonna hold off on second characters and let new people join :) I might allow it if any spaces are left over.

Years
  • I was going to put this as an edit to my previous post but: it looks like the lesson will inspire some very creative writing! Also, is magic present in this universe? Is the interaction with elements caused by psionic forces or is there something different altogether?

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Magic exists in the form of abilities - words/spells have no power in this world (except, maybe to focus or give confidence). Instead it is more some kind of psychic/psionic ability, yes :).

In most cases it will be minor, however some people excel at this and therefore have elemental abilities ^_^.

Years
  • How would we explain that? Secondary mutations? Cuz if i recall correctly, none of our powers have been elemental-based or involving the manipulation of elements (except iron-bending and the kinesis abilities)

Years
  • Hey remember me. I'm going to try to make a new SU. Is there a list anywhere so I can know what has alredy been chosen?

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    How would we explain that? Secondary mutations? Cuz if i recall correctly, none of our powers have been elemental-based or involving the manipulation of elements (except iron-bending and the kinesis abilities)

As it says in the event post, everyone has /some/ innate ability to control nature, or some aspect of nature. Mutations don't come in to this too much, abilities are random, unpredictable and (as the majority of SUs show) not inheritable.

Hey remember me. Can you review that SU I had sent in recently. I think it was about 2-3 days ago. Thanks!

"We also already have a lightning/electricity guy so your application would not be accepted anyway."

I'm afraid that invalidates a lot of your history, etc. The character will have to be re-written with a new power, I'm afraid.

Years
  • "We also already have a lightning/electricity guy so your application would not be accepted anyway."

I'm afraid that invalidates a lot of your history, etc. The character will have to be re-written with a new power, I'm afraid.
    Yeah I just edited the post. So is there a list or should I just go over all the SUs

Is there anybody with the ability to just take over technology.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
    Years
  • Marina-The-Diamonds.jpeg

Spoiler:
    G R A C E LAMBRINA

Name: Grace de Lambrina
    Appearance: Grace is a tall and slender woman. She stands at a bit less than six feet with her weight being around one hundred and forty pounds. Her skin is peachy-kind-of-pale and her face is somewhat round on the top, ending in a slightly pronounced chin. Her current looks are reigned by the artificial. Her face is never without make-up applied unless she's sleeping. Powders, eye-liner and even a small piece of body glitter shaped like a heart decor her face. Her eyelashes are naturally very long, and it is near-impossible to not notice them as they are.

No pimples or other imperfections are visible in her face when she's under make-up, but if she retires it, one can easily appreciate a set of freckles dotted here and there. The most notable traits of her face would be her oval-shaped eyes, and her somewhat-big nose standing between them. Her eyes are a piercing blue, and her protruded eyebrows are only defeated in terms of size by her forehead, where not a single piece of hair will ever be seen as long as she can avoid it. And lastly, her hair is currently dyed of a shining gold.

Now, her outfit. Grace prefer very bright colors, AND dresses. One plus one equals two! As such, you will see her wearing long dresses in assorted bright colors. As of her arrival in the school, she's wearing a bright yellow dress that falls all the way to her knees, with a bright blue ribbon serving as a belt of sorts, a headband of white embracing her hair, and a pair of high-heels of the same color. Whenever she feels like dressing differently (which rarely happens), then she switches to a bright blue top, equally bright green skin-tight jeans, yellow tennis shoes (with white shoelaces), and a white scarf should it be cold. Regardless of her outfit, you will see her walking round the streets without a care in the world as she shows off her multiple bracelets of assorted shapes, colors, and with some pretty rocks here and there. You will also see her striking a pink messenger bag, which will carry stuff ranging from a Hunger Games book to a spoon. Yes, I said spoon. /Girls/.

History: This young and cheerful teenager was born with a condition referred to as synesthesia. Ever since she was a little girl, she would watch different waves of varying colors hover around whenever she smiled or laughed. She thought this was an everyday thing and didn't bother on telling her parents -a simple construction worker and a cashier- about this.

As she grew old -age 5, almost an adult!-, she noticed that the presence of these waves was each time more and more frequent. When she laughed, when she cried. Whenever she ate and even when she sneezed. Then came a day when she called out that there were so many colors that she couldn't see anything at all. Worried, this young girl was taken to a doctor, who diagnosed her as a synesthete. And a long series of tests was run in order to determine when and how her "seeing sounds" triggered. As it turns out, feeling an emotion rather strongly triggered it. Absurd joy, enormous hatred. At the time, it was this girl's birthday, and she was very, very happy about it.

She had to learn how to deal with her condition by herself. She would get excited, just not a lot. She would cry, but not so much. So on and so forth. When she became 16, she began to realize that she could make the waves appear and disappear at her own will in rare instances, but always in random, unexpected moments.

Other than that, she's led a normal life in every sense. She goes to school, does her homework, goes out to the mall, rinses and repeats. No complaints here, and her lovely, supportive parents aren't much trouble either.

Yet still, it's so wrong. She's never sneaked away from class, she's never left a homework assignment undone, she's never slept past 9:30pm. She's never done anything bad. And as crazy as this might sound, being a goody-two-shoes is dumb and frustrating. This illogic change of school -with the excuse that she can make more friends and maybe meet someone else with her condition- might be what she needs. No one would know her, right? Who would know she's a good doer? She could break rules for once, be rebellious, and her parents wouldn't know. Just. Perfect.

But she will still do her homework. Let's take this reinvention slowly, okay?

Ability Name: Sound Wave Manipulation [Enhanced Synesthesia]
    Explanation: An enhanced form of synesthesia. It allows the user to visualize sound as colorful light waves. The user can then manipulate these waves as long as they feel an emotion matching the color of the wave. Red is hatred, Blue is sadness/depression, Yellow is joy and so on. These waves can then be blasted at another being or object, with the damage or benefit they generate being set by which emotion she's feeling and how strong she's feeling it. A positive emotion grants a morale boost. A negative emotion can induce harm into another being. If trained enough, the user will be able to make sound waves appear/disappear at will.

Limitations:
    • She can only manipulate one sound wave at a time.
    • She cannot close her eyes when using this ability, or else she'll be unable to manipulate any wave for an indefinite amount of time.
    • If her target is another human, said human must be feeling the emotion corresponding to the wave she's manipulating in order to be affected by it. Conversely, she must feel the emotion of the wave rather strongly to be able to manipulate it.

Room Number: 12

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    If you hover over the names in the IC Thread you can see the abilities of all accepted characters so far! :)

amerininja - technology communication/teleportation covers that, I feel. It's taken.

EB - We have an animal-shifter and someone who can turn their skin to iron, if you have something that's different enough though thats fine!

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
    Years
  • *facepalms* I feel so stupid now xD
    I will now do so then :p

Ooookay, so... Could anyone summarize the events so far? I understand it's Elements 101, so I meant it as in character-wise :3

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • *facepalms* I feel so stupid now xD

Ooookay, so... Could anyone summarize the events so far? I understand it's Elements 101, so I meant it as in character-wise :3

Whelp, our characters arrived, met with their roommates, kinda faffed about it. Pair of girls ran off and started kissing, my guy met up with a guy who could turn into a kangaroo and another guy with super-eyesight and went to the library, and... well, about 1-1½ hour of in-game time has actually passed, if even that much, so you're not even that late to the party!

Also, welcome :D

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    *facepalms* I feel so stupid now xD

Honestly, very little (it has been 2ish IC hours).

Everyone has met their roommates, some people have coupled off, around half of the characters have been open with their power and have willingly demonstrated it.

And then there was some creepy voyeur thing in the gardens

Back