• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Asking for pokemon tiers.

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2016
    Can someone link me the complete pokemon tiers and battle rules?
    I understand tiers but I dont really understands how rules work. And something about Smogon rules..
    Just to confusing for me.
    What are some common battle rules? Like which tiers cant be used and what cant you do (like stalling the game out).
    I would be very happy if someone can explain all of that in details. Thank you very much :D

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Battling and Team Building would be the better place to ask this, but since I'm here I might as well try to answer.

This is a general list of the tiers and rules in each tier of the Smogon metagame: http://www.smogon.com/xyhub/tiers

Does that help?

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2016
    Thank you so much :D, that helped. I will try to ask more details about this on battle section ^.^

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I'd also like to add that Smogon is just one of a few different metagames that has its own set of tiers, rules, and regulations that it defines for itself. An example of another metagame is VGC (Video Game Championships), which is the metagame officially sanctioned by Nintendo for its tournament battles. It has a few sets of rules that are completely different from Smogon's rules, and the play style is a lot different as a result. For example:

• All battles are in double battle format
    • No two Pokémon can carry the same hold item, whereas with Smogon, this rule doesn't exist.
    • There's no tiers--only mythical Pokémon are banned.
    Smogon is of course the most accessible, but still keep in mind that there's not just one set of rules, there's actually several depending on the medium your battle is taking place on :)

Back