• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen #8 - Will you plan on catching em' all?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • 8th poll of the week! When the games come out on VC, do you plan on catching all the Pokemon in the game, or will you just stick on catching the Pokemon for your team? How many Pokemon will you catch?

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I CAN actually catch them all this time. Cool. Well, I could before but it was just 10x more complicated that... I didn't haha.

I will try and catch as much as I can in Gold! I want a chance to play through with everything though so I... could change my team for each gym leader?!

Years
  • I never really plan on catching them all in the games, so I'll just catch Pokemon for my team and a few of my favourites.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2018
    Yes. I'm definitely going for it. I got really close on RED when it came out on VC, but then I restarted it for my Challenge Log lol maybe next time haha

Last edited:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    This time around, for sure.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I dunno. I was planning to complete the Dex on my physical copy of Silver, but of course, it is much easier to do on VC. I'll see; I think I'll use the VC version more often for resetting so that I can use my Silver cartridge to preserve all my Pokémon from Gen I and II.

Jonothon

~ Farrah Moan ~
    Years
  • Thankfully I have already got a living Pokedex on my main games, so I will just be playing through for some more nostalgia rather than completion-ism.

Also, I guess if we can get Gen 2 only moves transferred to SuMo, then that will be a major draw too!

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • Because I never owned an original Gameboy link cable or a second GB/GBC, I've never completed a Pokedex in gen 1 or 2 without cheating before, so I would like to try and complete it on VC Gold when I get it. I will have to get my boyfriend to help me trade from his Red or Silver since there's no way I can trade with myself if both my Yellow and Gold are on the same 3DS.

On that note, I'm also gonna do the shiny Ditto glitch for some higher-chance-than-Masuda-method shiny breeding.

Back