• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help] Edited base stats reverting to normal base stats when I edit .SAV with save editor

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2017
    Hi, sorry if this is not in the right thread. I was just wanting some help and that's why I registered an account.

So, the problem is that I'm editing the base stats of certain pokemon using YAPE. I edited Bulbasaur the starting pokemon's base stats to 255 and it works, it almost one shots the rival's pokemon. I save and go to edit the .sav. However, when I go to edit the .sav with PokeCrafter v1.04, and change my bulbasaur's level and IVs and EVs and such, it just reverts back to Bulbasaur's normal base stats. Is there any way to bypass this glitch/issue/thing/problem...?

Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I'm pretty sure that all you have to do is deposit Bulbasaur in a PC box and withdraw it again, which should get the game to recalculate its stats based on the modified ones in your ROM. If that doesn't work, leveling it up once should do the trick.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Hi, sorry if this is not in the right thread. I was just wanting some help and that's why I registered an account.

So, the problem is that I'm editing the base stats of certain pokemon using YAPE. I edited Bulbasaur the starting pokemon's base stats to 255 and it works, it almost one shots the rival's pokemon. I save and go to edit the .sav. However, when I go to edit the .sav with PokeCrafter v1.04, and change my bulbasaur's level and IVs and EVs and such, it just reverts back to Bulbasaur's normal base stats. Is there any way to bypass this glitch/issue/thing/problem...?

Thanks.

You only edited the rom. When you edit with a save editor, it doesn't read the data off the rom it uses the default data of pokemon base stats. And yes, as mentioned above, depositing in pc or leveling up will reset to the correct stats.

Back